Pocket gardens

Pocket gardens

Well folks... spring is just upon us and it’s time to dig deep!!! Got a head start on the perennials... planted mulched and ready to sprout! I hope this year shows shows the best yet!!! New plant life... annuals planted later !!! Hope everyone gets to enjoy them... after a year of this Pandemic it will be refreshing to see there is something to look forward to!

shaddog shaddog
Apr '21

@shaddog THANK YOU!

happycamper happycamper
Apr '21

I do wish Hackettstown had a community garden for those of us who can't have our own. There's something so relaxing and satisfying about gardening that potted plants and herbs just can't quite imitate. Good luck with your growing, folks, hope you have bountiful harvests and pretty flowers!

kingcoriander kingcoriander
Apr '21

I thought there was a town-wide community garden at Centenary. Not sure if you can join the garden in Mount Olive - corner of Wolf Rd/Rt. 46?

SS2cats SS2cats
Apr '21

This year I made vertical planters out of pallets with stapled on garden fabric. My compost isn't ready yet (4 weeks) and that will be after the last frost date and then I will fill them. I will be growing salad greens and spinach in them. Good luck with your garden. After the winter it is time to clean the flower beds. I use 5 gallon buckets for tomatoes and potatoes and I built raised beds. Two words : homegrown tomatoes

Robert J Rowe Robert J Rowe
Apr '21

The plants always brighten up the town, thanks for doing that.

If you need anything additional to plant, let me know what you're looking for and I'll donate what I can.

We used to belong to the Community Garden in Mt Olive. I just saw they are filled up this year with a waiting list if anyone drops out.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Pocket gardens
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.