RIP Alan Tynan

RIP Alan Tynan. You contributed alot to the community. You will be missed. Thank you for your service for our country and for the town of Hackettstown.
Until we meet again. God Bless.

Was he the owner of the auto shop Tynans?

Hackresident Hackresident
Mar '21

AT was a longtime family and Fire Dept. friend...He was perhaps one of the kindest people you could ever know and always a Gentleman....This is such sad news for all who knew and loved Al. R.I.P. AT....you will be very much missed...

joyful joyful
Mar '21

Al was a friend of mine dating back to when we played hoops at the Middle School playground. Then he went off to 'Nam and proudly served Our Country. He always stayed a loyal son of Hackettstown. A friendly, kind, gentleman- Rest In Peace Al.

Jim KIng
Mar '21

Hackresident- No he was not the owner of Tynan’s Service Center. He’s still working!

Metou
Mar '21

Alan sounds like a wonderful man who has left us way too soon. Condolences to his family and friends.

Schmedley Wilcox Schmedley Wilcox
Mar '21

Jimmy Tynan has Tynan's Service Center. Not sure of relations.

Well, I'm telling tales out of school now, but Al used to let me drive his Pontiac Bonneville on the back streets years ago (in the mid-70's) when I was too young to have a license. He was one of the people who taught me how to drive and I'll be forever grateful to him. :-)

Over the years we lost touch but ran into each other from time to time at Fire Dept. wet-downs or parades or down at the Convention in Wildwood, and we've remained friends through Facebook. I'm so saddened to hear of his passing.

Rest in peace, dear friend.

A Friend A Friend
Mar '21

My Condolence to the Tynan Family:

Alan Tynan was a good man. I had the opportunity of playing men's softball with him for many years. Very good teammate and a great hitter! Always a smile for everyone!
RIP My friend.

Keith DeTombeur Keith DeTombeur
Mar '21

Alan was my godfather a greatman he would do anything for everyone #1 Yankees fan had the big heart thank you for being so kind you will be missed by all . Remembering all the fourth of July parties on mountain Ave with family and friends . I can say he is up in heaven watching over everyone ♥ mary ann Brett and Adam stalheim

Mary Ann  Stalheim Mary Ann Stalheim
Mar '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: RIP Alan Tynan
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.