Doug Blake

HHS lost a legend yesterday. First team All State in 3 sports- Football, Wrestling, and Baseball. Two time State Champion in Wrestling. Arrangements:
Wake on Friday from 1-4. Funeral on Saturday at 11. At OBriens funeral home in Wall, NJ. Funeral at St. Elizabeth's in Avon by the sea, NJ. May he Rest in Peace.

Long Time Tiger Fan
Mar '21

RIP Doug.

Sport
Mar '21

He was one year behind me in high school. Big time football star. His brother, Art, was in my graduating class.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Mar '21

So sorry to hear. I was on the varsity wrestling team with Doug.

RIP Doug, great Hackettstown Tiger wrestling memories

thehazguy thehazguy
Mar '21

RIP Doug. You were a great inspiration not only to kids but also to adults. In was an honor knowing you in High School and watching your ability to perform and excell in any sport you were in.
God Bless you and your family.
Bob ( Moose ) Kunkel.

Sorry to hear about Doug he was a good guy played football with him and against him was will be missed lots of fond memories

Just came across this. Doug was the greatest Hackettstown athlete of all time. He is the town's last state champion wrestler. He was state champ two years in a row.

danny zucko danny zucko
Jul '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Doug Blake
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.