Rheumatologist Recommendations

I am looking for a Rhematologist for Rheumatoid Arthritis. I searched the forum, but the last information I saw was several years old. Thank you.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Feb '21

Orthopedic institute of NJ, DR. WU IS GREAT. OFFICE IS ON BILBY RD.

Dr. Golombek and good luck to you.

DogDayAfternoon
Feb '21

I also recommend Dr. Stephen Golumbek in Rockaway/Dover, NJ office.

KMC77
Feb '21

2nd dr wu

bflat4u bflat4u
Feb '21

I just visited Dr Wu and he seemed very competent. My wife goes to Dr Sugar for her Rheumatoid Arthritis and is very happy with service and level of understanding.

Bill, may I ask what the two of you take to relieve pain.? They just cant seem to find the right fit for me

I went to Dr Wu for another issues, But my wife goes for a shot every 4 weeks and then has stuff she takes on a daily/weekly basis. but that has stopped working so she is in process of retooling what she takes.

On a side note about Orthopedic institute. I just got a bill from them for my first visit and they charged $600 for office consultation with Dr Wu. Nice guy but not worth 600 bucks. So I thought I was paying $30 for co pay but they are now billing me $140. I just went the other day for second visit to get results of blood work and he had nothing. So can not wait to see how much that cost, and he could have called me over the phone to tell me that. So he is a nice guy, but the practices at this office are unethical. and I will not not be going to them again.

Is it in-network for your plan? Seems strange. If they are in-network and your copay is $30 then that is what you should pay unless they advised you that they will be performing services not covered by insurance.

wow - there are several awful reviews for this doc....

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '21

Looking for a Rheumatoid doctor who accepts Horizon blue cross

bill - check the Explanation of Benefits from your insurance provider for that claim, it will tell you what amount you are supposed to be paying. If it does say your responsibility is $30, tell the doctor's billing department. It's a pain in the butt, but sometimes that's what you have to do.

Lynnada Lynnada
Feb '21

https://findadoctor.atlantichealth.org/provider/Suma+Dasari/638619

This is who I go to for my RA! She is great!

Jesse132 Jesse132
Feb '21

Love Dr. Sugar. she is from Dr. Golemback's office. Location in Dover and Ledgewood and Dr. Sugar is in Hackettstown once a week. She is very thorough and knowledgeable.

Curious Curious
Feb '21

I recommend Hilary Sugar too!

Kimberlysea Kimberlysea
Feb '21

Curious or other poster that may know: where in Hackettstown is Sugar's practice? I only see two other locations on her website. Thanks!

DogDayAfternoon
Mar '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Rheumatologist Recommendations
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.