Why all the detours off Main St. Hackettstown this morning?

Just into town from Independence (Tuesday, October 27th and it was like a jigsaw puzzle to get back home. So many of the side streets with detours and sawhorses to entrance of them...cannot remember hearing or reading what is going on?

joyful joyful
Oct '20

Route 46 EB is closed between West Stiger St and High St until 4:00 p.m. today (10/27/20) due to road work.

Charles St will be closed between West Stiger St and West Prospect St today from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. due to road work.

These were two Nixle alerts that went out this morning.

The State is finally finishing the crosswalks on Main St after they repaved Main st a few weeks ago. Stamped brick so they stand out more to assist with pediatrician crossing. It should be completed in 1 day. Was supposed to be completed a few days ago but got delayed due to rain.

Jim L Jim L
Oct '20

@Jim L,
Are they going to repave the intersection too? Or is the job complete after the crosswalks are done???

Dadof3
Oct '20

the painting of the crosswalks is the final step in the project.

Jim L Jim L
Oct '20

Are there a lot of pediatricians in the area such that they require their own crosswalks? Are podiatrists forbidden from using it? (-;

ianimal ianimal
Oct '20

+1 Iman’s stamped brick comment. I think you really mailed it!

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Oct '20

lol damn autocorrect screwed me again. LMAO

Jim L Jim L
Oct '20

Proctologists are protesting also.

Yeah Jim, but are you smiling?

I think EVV has really put his finger on it.......

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Oct '20

Crosswalks look great!

summerrain1 summerrain1
Oct '20

That is not stamped brick .

Rosielong84
Oct '20

Maybe wait until they’re done.

Jim L Jim L
Oct '20

“ the painting of the crosswalks is the final step in the project “

—— my apologies for thinking they were finished already. They are painted. Based on what you said, Jim L, I took that to mean done.

Rosielong84
Oct '20

Looks more like concrete block

Bug3
Oct '20

I like that funky gray to be honest.

Jim KIng
Oct '20

They haven’t finished the whole street yet so the project isn’t done. And 1 side only has 1 coat down. Again just a suggestion but maybe wait until they’re done and then we can all complain. I know that’s not normally the HL way but maybe give it a try.

Jim L Jim L
Oct '20

⚠️Route 46 (Main St) Traffic Alert (11/4/20-11/6/20)⚠️
Contractors will continue installing the stamped brick pattern crosswalks this week between Valentine St and Water St. This will not include the High St and 5 Corners intersections.
The work hours will be from 7:00 a.m. to approximately 4:00 p.m. (weather permitting). Motorists can expect lane closures on Route 46 and full closures of side streets.
Motorists can expect traffic delays and we encourage motorists to plan an alternate route.

Jim L Jim L
Nov '20

Just heard on WRNJ that these same closures will be in effect today through Friday in Hackettstown...From W. Stiger Street to Four Corners on Rte. 46 (Main Street)..7-4 P.M. This includes closure of some side streets as well...

joyful joyful
Nov '20

What's that I see? What could that be? oh look, a stamped brick crosswalk. Just like I said there would be.

Jim L Jim L
Nov '20

@ Jim L: A poet....and don't know it!!

joyful joyful
Nov '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.