Hackettstown Hospital

Does anyone know why the Hackettstown ER isn’t testing everyone for Covid that comes in? Especially, if they have symptoms?

BighART BighART
Oct '20

Dial 908 852 5100 and ask them. That is the hospital number. I assure you someone there can answer your question.

BighArt, asking that will only give opinions and not facts. Just go direct. Let us know if you get a answer and what it is.

DogDayAfternoon
Oct '20

So if someone slices their finger open the
Hospital should test them?

Nosila Nosila
Oct '20

Actually Nosila yes, in an environment like a hospital where it can easily spread they need to be as careful as possible. Obviously if it's life threatening you do what you need first.

Iampc Iampc
Oct '20

Why would it easily be spread in a hospital? You have to wear a mask to be treated and so does all the staff.

We don’t test everyone that walks into a store.

Nosila Nosila
Oct '20

They do not care about this community. The docs (if you even get one) are nothing like the group of ten years ago. Lots of zealous PAs .. Nurses are great.

Mmadone Mmadone
Oct '20

It is not a covid treatment center. Many hospitals are not.

I think they have protocols for covid including sending symptomatic people to testing centers. IOW, if you show symptoms, you can’t get in. If other reasons mean you must get in, they may test before admittance into the hospital while you are in ER. And most certain they test before transferring because receiving hospitals won’t accept otherwise. Which means you can be in ER in the room next to someone waiting on test results.

Or some protocol like that. I am sure I don’t have it exact.

My take; if it’s simple, broken bone, ez laceration, etc then HH is OK. If it’s more complex, make the drive to Morristown.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Oct '20

Hospitals can't test everyone who walk in their doors because they have a limited number of the reagents needed to run the test. Even now the state allocates the reagents to facilities and the facilities have policies set on how and when to use them(surgical patients, admitted patients, laboring mothers, employees who may have been exposed and are now showing symptoms) Unfortunately, there's just not enough reagents allocated to hospitals in this area to allow for testing everyone, you can however get a prescription from your primary care physician to go to a lab to have the test done if your pcp thinks its necessary.

On Cape Cod - Mass. requires NJ ites among other states to either quarantine for 2 weeks or bring results of negative covid test -within 72 hours of arrival ---Restaurants are taking name and ph number for contact tracing ---Everyone is wearing masks everywhere - even on sparsely traveled trails..............No messing around up here...
We got the test at our primary's office -

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '20

"On Cape Cod - Mass. requires NJ ites among other states to either quarantine for 2 weeks or bring results of negative covid test -within 72 hours of arrival ---Restaurants are taking name and ph number for contact tracing ---Everyone is wearing masks everywhere - even on sparsely traveled trails..............No messing around up here..."

Yeah, they actually are messing around. They are messing around with the rights of Americans to live freely. The sheep need to wake up.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '20

do you wear seatbelts? do you stop for red lights? stop signs? do you have auto insurance? do you have a permit for your guns? ridiculous argument, Calico - but your choice

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '20

This may explain why some just don't get it: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/role-cognitive-dissonance-pandemic/614074/?utm_campaign=the-atlantic&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1yOSajAJMBEMF3mtTz3kjTdDAAta65NZG0K8xZ6KyshFSq0LPEFlfDu7g

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '20

4catmom.....Thank You !!!

Local Gal Local Gal
Oct '20

once one of yours get it.... and get more serious symptoms, you might be more willing to take steps to actively prevent.

rleaf rleaf
Oct '20

What I wonder is IF we are now on the list, if we travel from one spot in NJ to another spot, do we have to Quarantine? Pretty funny that we failed our own list.....

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Oct '20

4cat - Just an FYI, I don't believe in seat belt and helmet laws. The cognitive dissonance is yours not mine. You trust the news and government too much. Please take some time to do some of your own research. Examine information from places other than MSM. You'll be amazed at what you find. Many years ago, when I woke up from my own sheep sleep, I felt ill about it all. I couldn't believe how fooled I was. Now that I know what I know, it's so easy to see what is really going on in almost every circumstance. It's a much more liberating life to live. Give it a try.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '20

Is Q one of your trusted sources? ...

Iampc Iampc
Oct '20

I’m reminded of the pod people from Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Roywhite Roywhite
Oct '20

Hmmmmm Calico - some time ago you called me a Karen - when I didn't know what it meant - now I know and you are sounding pretty entitled yourself..............hope you don' t end up eating your words................

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '20

Wear the mask. And vote.

htownguy htownguy
Oct '20

Calico...you might believe in seatbelt and helmet laws when you are crushed by a crash or suffer incurable brain injuries.....of course you wouldn't care at that point....hmmm...kind of like dying from Covid because you refuse a mask, and taking a few relatives and friends with you...there is no excuse for diving into the low end of the gene pool....the pool is full anyway....

zentravl zentravl
Oct '20

Let Calico do her thing. It's all good.

callitlikeIseeit callitlikeIseeit
Oct '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.