Crayfish living in my yard

I live by the hatchery and this is the second year I discovered a lobster looking animal
Burrowing in my backyard. It stood up on its back tail and tried to attack my dog with its pincers tonight. A google search said I may have crawfish/crayfish infestation??
Anyone??
Is this possible?
In New Jersey?
In my backyard?

H-Town Mama H-Town Mama
Jul '20

We have had them in our yard! We do have a pond and a small stream on our property, however, when I've found them they were dead and far from the water.

Gardenfish Gardenfish
Jul '20

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/animals/getting-rid-crayfish-in-lawn.htm

Bug3
Jul '20

They go great in Cajun dishes if they are big enough!

Mr 4paws Mr 4paws
Jul '20

Re: Crayfish living in my yard

Don't know about crustaceans but post yesterday's deluge I found an amphibian clinging to my house.

Pic of said crustacean

H-Town Mama H-Town Mama
Jul '20

He’s not messing around, H-Town Mama!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jul '20

Looks tasty to me!!

Sugar Sugar
Jul '20

Holy crap!!! That things huge.

$19.95 and side of butter?

Next up in 2020, invasion of the Lawn Lobsters!

Lynnada Lynnada
Jul '20

You can collect them and release them into a pond or stream. Or take them back to the hatchery.

Jesse132 Jesse132
Jul '20

Thought I was seeing things two days in a row on Mitchell Terrace. Both days I saw what appeared to be something with claws, like a large crayfish, being pecked at by a bird. Both times the creature was in the road.

Yep D.. you weren’t seeing things... my daughter has a pick of one on Mitchell rd in the middle of road
She almost rode her bike over it!
Invasion of the lobster looking things!!

H-Town Mama H-Town Mama
Jul '20

I just can’t believe there are these crustaceans that burrow in the grass and come up looking to fight a Bassett hound ! Lol
It’s not a creature you think of as being a pest in northern nj
And then you find them crossing the road!!! Lol

H-Town Mama H-Town Mama
Jul '20

You must have a wet backyard?

Not really ijay..only when the pool water splashes out or overfills... I think it might have to do with being backed up to the hatchery ?

H-Town Mama H-Town Mama
Jul '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.