Birthday Quotes

I decided to open a new thread dedicated to Birthdays.
Post a quote from anybody living or not who are celebrating a Birthday. of course post the
quote on the actual day please.

Soon the day will come when science will win victory over error, justice a victory over injustice, and human love a victory over human hatred and ignorance.

Magnus Hirschfeld ----German physician and sexologist
Born: May 14, 1868

Oh! I got plenty of time
Oh! You got light in your eyes
And you're standing here beside me
I love the passing of time
Never for money, always for love
Cover up and say goodnight, say goodnight

David Byrne --- British-American singer, songwriter, musician, record producer, artist, actor, writer, music theorist, and filmmaker
Born: May 14, 1952

Re: Birthday Quotes

Thanks for starting this CBGB, it'll be fun. I've enjoyed the birthday quotes this past year. Hopefully we get some people to play along! :)

I'll have to start with Bea Arthur [aka Bea McArthur ;) ] who played Dorothy from one of my favorite TV shows The Golden Girls!
Born May 13, 1922
(this is the 3rd out of 4 Golden Girls I've quoted, next one is in July)

"My dream was to become a very small blonde movie star like Ida Lupino and those other women I saw up there on the screen during the Depression."

"I'm 5-feet-9, I have a deep voice, and I have a way with a line. What can I do about it? I can't stay home waiting for something different. I think it's a total waste of energy worrying about typecasting."

Funny Dorothy Zbornak one liners:
https://youtu.be/_eTKZPb1H4A

Frank Wilczek
American theoretical physicist
Born: May 15, 1951

An ordinary mistake is one that leads to a dead end, while a profound mistake is one that leads to progress. Anyone can make an ordinary mistake, but it takes a genius to make a profound mistake.
Frank Wilczek

Andrew Eldritch
Singer-songwriter, The Sisters Of Mercy
Born: May 15, 1959

In the temple of love you hide together
Believing pain and fear outside
But someone near you rides the weather
And the tears he cried will rain on walls
As wide as lovers eyes

Studs Terkel American author, historian, actor, and broadcaster.
Born: May 16, 1912

I think it's realistic to have hope. One can be a perverse idealist and say the easiest thing: 'I despair. The world's no good.' That's a perverse idealist. It's practical to hope, because the hope is for us to survive as a human species. That's very realistic.

Jonathan Richman American singer, songwriter and guitarist
Born: May 16, 1951

That summer feeling That summer feeling
That summer feeling
When there's things to do not because you gotta
When you run for love not because you oughtta
When you trust your friends with no reason not ta
The joy I name shall not be tamed
And that summer feeling is gonna haunt you
One day in your life.

Jack Johnson
May 18, 1975

"But, baby, you hardly even notice
When I try to show you this
Song is meant to keep you
From doing what you're supposed to.
Waking up too early
Maybe we can sleep in
Make you banana pancakes
Pretend like it's the weekend now

And we could pretend it all the time
Can't you see that it's just raining?
There ain't no need to go outside"

Great song quote SueR
catching up now

F. Paul Wilson American author
Born: May 17, 1946

True freedom requires taking responsibility for your own life. That frightens the hell out of too many people. They prefer to have Big Brother holding a safety net for them, and they'll sell their own birthright and their children's as well to keep it.

George Johnson American musician The Brothers Johnson
Born: May 17, 1953

Light up the night
Burn out the dark
Lets set the world on fire
Light up the night
Love is the spa
We want to take you higher
Here is the lively invitation
To strike up, come on let's light the situation
Let's hit the city find some people we know
And light the night, come on girl we got to glow, glow, glow

Omar Khayyam, Persian mathematician, astronomer, philosopher, and poet.
Born: May 18, 1048

Drink! for you know not whence you came nor why: drink! for you know not why you go, nor where.

Rob Base, American hip hop artist
May 18,1967

It takes two to make a thing go right
It takes two to make it outta sight
It takes two to make a thing go right
It takes two to make it outta sight

Dick Scobee
Commander of Space Shuttle Challenger 
May 19, 1939 - January 28, 1986

I couldn't find a quote from him, besides what was written in the pic I posted. But as I read about him I thought this was very interesting: After his death, his family found his briefcase at home containing lots of common personal items. But two other things stood out. A Valentine's card for his wife and a piece of scrap paper with this quote scribbled on it by author Ben Bova:

“We have whole planets to explore. We have new worlds to build. We have a solar system to roam in. And if only a tiny fraction of the human race reaches out toward space, the work they do there will totally change the lives of all the billions of humans who remain on Earth, just as the striving of a handful of colonists in the new world totally changed the lives of everyone in Europe, Asia and Africa.”

Joey Ramone, lead singer for the Greatest Rock band
Born: May 19, 1951

There's nobody as good as the Ramones, never will be.

Julius Evola, Italian philosopher, poet, painter, antisemitic conspiracy theorist, esotericist, and occultist.
Born: May 19, 1898

Western civilisation needs a complete overhaul or it will fall apart one day or another. It has realised the most complete perversion of any rational order of things. Reign of matter, of gold, of machine, of number, it no longer possesses breath, or liberty, or light.

***bonus quote***
Bmmmm, bmmmbmmm, bbbbmmbbmmm bbbmmm bbbmmm

Herbie Flowers, bass player on Walk On the Wild Side the most delicious bass line in rock history
Born: May 19, 1938

May 19 birthdays are quite interesting, Johns Hopkins, Ho Chi Minh , Malcolm X, Pol Pot, Jimmy Hoffa Jr, Nora Ephron, Peter Mayhew, Peter Townshend, André the Giant,, Nicole Brown Simpson,

George Gobel , American humorist, actor, and comedian
Born: May 20, 1919

If it weren't for electricity, we'd all be watching television by candlelight.

James Stewart American actor
Born: May 20, 1908

“What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary. ”

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.