Blue Ribbon to Support for First Responders/Healthcare Providers

Neighbors by me are trying to start a movement to place blue ribbons on trees and front windows to show support & appreciation for all first responders and healthcare providers. I think it's a great idea. Yes, I know it's just a small token of our appreciation & support for what these unbelievably selfless people are out there on the front lines doing for us each and every day. But, wouldn't it be great for them to see neighborhood streets lined with blue ribbons as they travel to/from their daily shifts? Please share with as many friends as possible! Tip: If you don't have any blue ribbon at home, try looking through your holiday supplies for a blue bow - it unravels to a really long length of ribbon.

charliegrace charliegrace
Mar '20

Great idea! Will go look for some ribbon now...hopefully it will catch on in Washington too
And farther...

Spring fever Spring fever
Mar '20

I love this idea.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Mar '20

I’ll even take it a step further to include all essential businesses and employees, especially restaurant, sanitation, mail and package deliveries, grocery stores, butchers, veterinarians, farmers markets, gas stations, the list goes on and on.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Mar '20

Wonderful idea! Saw a story about it in BC: https://www.bclocalnews.com/news/blue-ribbons-popping-up-along-streets-in-abbotsford-in-praise-of-b-c-healthcare-workers/

bonv25 bonv25
Mar '20

The idea is starting to spread - let's please keep it going! Please share with your friends and family and encourage them to share as well. Thank you, all! :-)

charliegrace charliegrace
Mar '20

Anyone who HAS to be on “the front lines” should be included in this recognition. This includes grocery workers, hospital cleaners and equipment maintenance, bank tellers, and all other retail workers that deal with essential services. They are facing this virus, every time they go into work, for a third of the pay. Thank you, to all who volunteer their services, and, to everyone who is fighting the good fight. Stay safe.

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Mar '20

Thank you from an essential worker. Kind gestures like this mean a lot.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.