Caught on Ring Cam- do you recognize them?

Caught on Ring Cam- do you recognize them?

These two may be responsible for some vandalism in PV the other night -If you know them please contact the State Police in Hope

4catmom 4catmom
Dec '19

Pretty sure I saw them in Intercourse driving a buggy over the weekend...

ianimal ianimal
Dec '19

Re: Caught on Ring Cam- do you recognize them?

I found an artist's rendering

not funny to those who affected- damaged cars and at least one attempted break in - around 4am

4catmom 4catmom
Dec '19

I hope these pics will make the rounds and the guys identified.....Can you help?

4catmom 4catmom
Dec '19

Never trust a ginger neck-beard.

Consigliere
Dec '19

Before someone drops the hammer on these two, what is the circumstances of their "may be responsible," in the 4am PV vandalism and attempted burglary affair. Proximity to what doorbell, what disturbance, what time?

Hate to drop the dime on someone a neighborhood away at 11pm at night...….

And no, all of my acquaintances are in full color. I would check with Ghosthunters or John C. Looks like someone he would know :>)

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Dec '19

What part of PV?

Itiswhatitis
Dec '19

Exactly Where in PV?

Jenny
Dec '19

Could be brothers. The 2 on the right seem to be the same guy. very similar glasses, beard length and hoodie/jacket combo. The one on the left could actually be the same guy though if it wasn't on the same night or was at different times on the same night.

He could have the beard tucked under the hoodie and may be wearing contacts, unless he was just wearing safety glasses in the pics on the right.

Of course since the illumination is likely by IR LED, everything seems more washed out and in B&W.

If they're in front of someone's front door at 4AM, I don't think they're delivering milk, though maybe smuggling some "raw milk" from PA;-)

Phil D. Phil D.
Dec '19

The video posted on Nextdoor Hackettstown shows the 2 guys entering the house together.
Seems like they possibly were in a garage, with an adjoining door to the house.
And the one knocking on the door had his sleeve pulled around his hand so as to not leave fingerprints.

happiest girl
Dec '19

Where? Panther Valley is a large area? Through the gates? Outside the gates? Where?

Jenny
Dec '19

On Goldfinch.

Nicholas
Dec '19

From the original poster with videos: Contact the State Police in Hope, NJ if you recognize these people. They attempted to break into our home at 4 am this morning and are likely responsible for damaging 10 cars in our community.

4catmom 4catmom
Dec '19

The video is of a back door and slider. The slider goes into the basement that is on the ground level. I live on an affected block. Two men went through the neighborhood (Goldfinches) smashing windows and slashing tires. I believe the video is from the house where they threw a concrete bird bath into the winsheild of a car that was parked out front on the street :/

You'd think someone would notify neighbors throughout PV about all this. People think gates keep you safe. Um. No. You can walk around them and park outside. So sorry to hear all this. I hope they are caught. Watch out for your neighbors. I mean authorities or the office or whatever. Seems like it's word of mouth or just on the forum. Had no idea.

DogDayAfternoon
Dec '19

Phil, looking more closely, all three pictures may be of the same person. the two on the right are obviously the same guy... but the one on the left may be him without the zip-up and glasses he was wearing in the other two photos. the hoodie looks very similar to the one under in the other two photos...

ianimal ianimal
Dec '19

I'm suprised that security didn't send out a PV wide email. However, I feel that the State Police did a great job in the neighborhood. They were here for hours and even came door to door and talked with us for awhile. They let us know what was up and asked if we had cameras too.

As for the video clip it is apparent there is two different people. To me they look off--maybe drunk or high.

Agree with the comment-- look out for each other. Glad I have a decent size, loud dog that def helps as well! I was also laughing at the Amish comment, although I orginally said Hasidic minus the top hats lol.

It's a shame it happened in here, it's a beautiful place filled w (mostly) nice people!

from the ring video - it's pretty apparent that it's two men - one of whom at one points to the camera and mouths the word camera --

4catmom 4catmom
Dec '19

Ian

That's pretty much what I mentioned, but they did say there was more than one person involved. Of course since the video clip isn't posted, I'm relying on what the people that apparently have seen it have said. If they saw both people at the same time, then as I also mentioned, it could have been brothers.

Phil D. Phil D.
Dec '19

Sorry - can't post the vid here - but yup - both guys same time same place walk past camera - one stops and looks more -

4catmom 4catmom
Dec '19

https://ring.com/share/6765023767001454068

happiest girl
Dec '19

My neighbors, plus neighbors a few streets over knew nothing. I wish I did. It helps you be more aware, especially if you see something strange going on at a neighbor's home when they're not home or it's dark. Good to know, though. Wish they sent something out. Will keep an eye out and pass on, since most people aren't on the forum. Pretty decent photo. Ring is a great thing to have.

DogDayAfternoon
Dec '19

Re: Caught on Ring Cam- do you recognize them?

You should add the video on the “neighbor” app.

Kate1245 Kate1245
Dec '19

Apparently it was posted about on the Nextdoor network after it happened, but then that's a limited bunch of folks as well. I transferred my membership address from Hopatcong to my new 'hood here in Hackettstown.

Phil D. Phil D.
Dec '19

In a way, I find the other break-in that occured in Panther Valley (which was posted on Nextdoor Hackettstown today) to be more disconcerting.

happiest girl
Dec '19

which goldfinch?

video is on Nextdoor

4catmom 4catmom
Dec '19

I wish they would have used the automated system and let everyone know by phone. They've done that over the years - rarely, for something else, but letting everyone know and not just a few would be a lot safer and efficient. Thanks for the information and photos. That is appreciated!

DogDayAfternoon
Dec '19

we have an automated system? I've never gotten an automated call from PV

4catmom 4catmom
Dec '19

this is a good group to join:

https://www.nnw.org › register-watch

Neighborhood Watch
recco's

4catmom -- I posted the video above -- around 9 posts up from here.

happiest girl
Dec '19

They could do an email blast. The PV security has sent out email blasts. Would be nice if they did that for when the date changes for garbage/recycling pick up.

Oops - my errors................happiest earlier I tried to post the vid and it wouldn't let me - glad you could - nowif we could just identify those SOBs

4catmom 4catmom
Dec '19

I forget, but I know a few years ago when they would close the municipal building or something, Allamuchy has an robo call thing and since PV is in there, they could work together to keep everyone safer, not just online people or select groups. I honestly can't remember circumstances, but in today's day and age, an email blast, robo calls, or something should be done. I'm just hoping they are caught, because not everyone is online, so that leaves out those people that don't have email or sign up for things. Ring and other services are getting more popular - you'd think people would know by now that cameras are everywhere!

DogDayAfternoon
Dec '19

The Township could go to an automated system like "Swift Reach". The town my parents live in use this, I signed up so I could get alerts for their town in case of an emergency.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Dec '19

We had a solicitor at the door tonight - during the storm. I didn't think PV allowed them. Wish I had a Ring system now.

DogDayAfternoon
Dec '19

What were they selling?

Goldfinch Goldfinch
Dec '19

Energy company. I think it was the one that sends official looking crap that has the electric company on it. I guess they were trying to capitalize on the bad weather, but you can't be too sure now a days. If someone wants something, they'll do it. Days of coming to the door are over.

DogDayAfternoon
Dec '19

Hope you called security to come check/kick them out

4catmom 4catmom
Dec '19

You may want to cautious about buying a ring anything:

https://gizmodo.com/dont-buy-anyone-a-ring-camera-1840070640

Privacy is a huge issue with them.

The_Bishop The_Bishop
Dec '19

Hit enter too soon. An excerpt from the article:

Ring is a troubled company. Last week a panel of five United States senators sent a letter to Amazon chief Jeff Bezos that expressed concern with Ring’s struggles with information security and habit of sharing its users’ videos not only with law enforcement but also with its Ukraine-based research team. The senators wanted to know how Ring encrypts user data (if at all) and how its internal security audits work. This is all happening after unsettling reports that Ring doorbells exposed users’ home wi-fi passwords to hackers and that Ring employees spy on unwitting users.

The_Bishop The_Bishop
Dec '19

4catmom, I called security. I wanted to know how they got in.
Night time soliciting, no less.

DogDayAfternoon
Dec '19

DogDay, unfortunately it is very easy to get in, especially if you come in the back side of the complex. You can park at the rec field and just walk across the street and right into PV.

thomasnj thomasnj
Dec '19

"Gated community" is false and classist security!

kepa
Dec '19

Oh - I know kepa! I find it LOL myself. If you want to get in, you can easily. It's a pay more for nothing deal. I totally agree. It sounds nice when you move in though. Visitors supposed to register at gate but I think you could get in with a Dominos car anytime. lol

DogDayAfternoon
Dec '19

I was told by JCPL that HomeServe does not allow door to door - so please be aware of that. Just as info

DogDayAfternoon
Dec '19

There's nice amenities you get in PV for sure, unfortunately unscrupulous people are everyone's neighbor. Hope these 2 learn their lesson.

kepa
Dec '19

DogDay I would suggest calling or emailing John Waldron (head of security) and PVPOA with everything that has transpired the last few days, better to err on the side of caution if you haven't done so already.

Per PVPOA rules and regulations.

Soliciting of any kind is prohibited.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Dec '19

From the article above- “Loose Lips Sink Ring” is a pretty scary statement to have in the corporate office isn't it?

If you haven't- go read the article above.

Another trading freedom, control, and real security for the feeling of safety.

Contact your so called security there. I use to live on goldfinch....
Its gated. They live there or PARKED ON THE BACK ROAD, MOST LIKELY...
ALPHANO RD.
AND WALKED IN.

Abigal stone Abigal stone
Dec '19

Get camera footage from the time at back gate, or locals there with cameras....
Your welcome

Abigal stone Abigal stone
Dec '19

Can’t say ‘your welcome’ when nobody said thank you. Just makes you look like..., well..

they've been caught......

4catmom 4catmom
Dec '19

Caught .... and released. No jail time. Great legal system we have.

happiest girl
Dec '19

Glad they got caught I hope they get a massive amount of community service and probation and they should personally have to apologize to each homeowners property they destroyed along with paying for full damages.

Please explain to me how they could have "jail time" already, when they just got arrested and haven't been to court? Are there no criminal charges pending?

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Dec '19

Jrzy - I guess there is no bail anymore. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '19

This was not a violent crime from what I can tell, but I am sure it has traumatized, or at least raised the anxiety level, of some of the residents. To lock them up now is overkill -- they will have their day in court and will most likely be found to be guilty. They are lucky that it wasn't violent so they can learn from this and not ruin their lives. Question is will they take this lesson? They are also lucky they didn't pull this in a more rural area where these two dopes make have gotten shot in face...

I can't find any info on the arrests. Anyone have a link?

How can we find their names?

Goldfinch Goldfinch
Dec '19

No arrest/conviction if you didn't "intend" to commit crime. Intent is the best get-outta-jail card, they can't throw you in jail cause they can't read your mind.

One-Eyed Poacher One-Eyed Poacher
Dec '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.