Car broken into at Walmart

Sunday I found a women going through the car next to mine in the Walmart parking lot. As I approach the car she slammed the door and told me she was just shutting the door I can be left open. Told her the car wasn't mine she walked away. I waited for the owner of the car so I could tell him someone had been going through his car. when he arrived he told me that his car was never locked and it wasn't worried . there's nothing valuable in this car. I mention to him the probably in his glove compartment is his address and of course everybody now knows that he 's not home . . please be warned this holiday season to lock your car when you go into the parking lot .

Lynn Martin-Yarnell Lynn Martin-Yarnell
Nov '19

I have to ask, why didn't you call the police or at minimum alert Walmart. They have tones of cameras in the lot, shouldn't be to hard to identify. Unless the bulk are fake deterrents.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Nov '19

"just shutting the door I can be left open"

Huh?

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Nov '19

That's a city thing (like Newark city aka ghetto). Leave doors unlocked and even leave glove box open (keep reg and ins card in wallet/purse). This way the 2 legged wildlife doesn't break your Windows to look for goodies.

Itiswhatitis
Nov '19

Ghetto? How 1960’s.....

Don’t forget to leave lots of change on the floor so you can pay for tolls after being mugged :-)

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Nov '19

Duh, car hijack..
Please watch out for each other..

Locks your doors and pray for peace.

Gone are the days when we didn't lock our home doors. Gone are the days when we knew all our neighbors. Gone are the days when we could discipline children in the neighborhood, because we would hope that our children would be disciplined if they crossed the line.
Now we have home security systems, automatic lights, double bolts on our doors, mace in our pockets, and sirens on our cars.
This is not the Warren County I loved.
If this is progress...I'd rather pass.

USAfirst USAfirst
Nov '19

Why wouldn’t you call the police? Your whole story sounds odd

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.