Panther Valley Pharmacy

Went to there today just before noon to get a much needed antibiotic . A man at the door said they were closed for an investigation and to come back in two hours . It's been 4 hours and no one is answering the phone . Does anyone who lives out that way (I live a few miles away) know what's going on and if they are open and not answering the phone ? If they are still closed I'll have to attempt to call my doctor and get the prescription filled elsewhere .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Nov '19

Did you ever get your prescription from the Panther Valley Drug Store today ?Or get a hold of them on the phone finally ? I too am a customer there and your post that the man at the door said they were closed for an investigation is concerning

maybebaby
Nov '19

I had my doctor send the script to another pharmacy , Called the pizza place next door and they said a closed sign was on the door saying closed due to system being down whatever that means .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Nov '19

Okay thank you for the update. Hopefully problem solved soon and they are able to open. Also, I'm glad you got your medication.

maybebaby
Nov '19

"The system is down"... because the Feds seized all our computers.

Just kidding... I really have no idea.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '19

By man at the door, do you mean customer, owner, stranger walking by, or pharmacist?
That makes a difference in what you heard and how you heard it.

They can ring up things manually, unless it's the insurance info down. 'Investigation' seems like an over the top word. It can mean a lot of things. Maybe have information before getting people panicked.

DogDayAfternoon
Nov '19

Speaking as someone who works for a pharmacy, being closed with no support (ie someone at least answering phones to answer questions or re-direct scripts or someone physically on site to do the same...) seems extremely suspect. Systems go down all the time, you don’t just up and close because of it.

GothGirl73 GothGirl73
Nov '19

My husband tried to go there yesterday & a cop opened the door & said there was an investigation going on & it was Federal so something big happened there........

Maybe 97XBAM was relaying information and asking others if they had anymore information....hmmm.
That is what it sounded like to me...instead of trying to create panic!

EILLO EILLO
Nov '19

Are they open today?

JustJoe JustJoe
Nov '19

https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/Actions/20190102_28RS00610800.pdf

Now, I think I know. I was definitely not aware of this! I'm happy I am using CVS now.

DogDayAfternoon
Nov '19

Thats from Feburary Dogdayafternoon...not recent

Bug3
Nov '19

Why would an event that happened 9 months ago just now be under investigation?

Local Gal Local Gal
Nov '19

^
^
^
^
^
Good detective work. However, that signed document is dated from February 1, 2019. Something else must have happened.

happiest girl
Nov '19

That's a State Board licensing issue... if the Feds are involved, it's a DEA issue. The obvious guess in today's world would be opiates.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '19

Yes, it is Feb, 2019, but it could mean they were checking again.

I'm glad I found it, actually, because I had no idea that stuff went on there. I trusted them.

DogDayAfternoon
Nov '19

February 2019 or not, this is disturbing.

I suspect sabotage by CVS. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '19

LOL, Calico. Yes, I'm sure CVS was down in the basement at PV Pharmacy.

I'm shocked at this. February or not, it's disturbing to find out.

DogDayAfternoon
Nov '19

I am sure same thing happens everywhere else

Bug3
Nov '19

I get prescriptions filled all the time at PV pharmacy. It doesn't faze me if they store them on a shelf upstairs or on a shelf downstairs. It isn't like they are formulating and mixing them up in some basement drug lab.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '19

Full disclosure: I have no association with PV Pharmacy other than as someone who buys greeting cards at the last minute. I really don't even know the current owners of the store. I do know, having spoken with a previous non pharmacist owner, that they carved out a niche business supplying group homes and assisted living facilities and I gathered that they were performing the dispensing function in the basement of the store. The retail Rx's looked like they were being filled in the store itself. The letter that was posted in this thread evidently deals with the pharmacy NOT following the appropriate procedures in certifying the space in the basement. The State Board has specific requirements that must be followed. They didn't and were fined and had to agree to certain actions. Presumably they did so and very likely pursued appropriate licensure for the space in question. The NJ Board would not disrupt normal dispensing functions by closing a store so I doubt closure was related to the February 2019 issue. By the way, I've visited 100's of pharmacies during my career and a dozen or so used their basements for such non-retail functions.

I noticed that they were open today

Retired RPh Retired RPh
Nov '19

And they are open..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '19

JrzyGirl88, it also states things being done by people who are required to have a license. This whole thing makes me not trust them and I've gone there for years.

DogDayAfternoon
Nov '19

DogDay, you are definitely entitled to the way you feel. My scripts are basic and the same consistently so it doesn't matter to me who puts the label on the pack. I'm not judging anyone for feeling a certain way.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '19

Very very odd that people do not get that the fact that the state has looked into this, found they were selling expired drugs and not filling them in the actual pharmacy, with a licensed pharmacist or pharmacy tech filling shows, just how clueless you are that this is not a place to get prescriptions filled.

JerzyGirl88 - you may have gotten some of their expired drugs if you do not see the issue with what they are doing.

reisident08
Nov '19

You don’t have to be licensed to fill prescriptions that aren’t narcotics, and All prescriptions filled by employees must be verified by a licensed pharmacist.

GothGirl73 GothGirl73
Nov '19

Update from Nextdoor Panther Valley\

PANTHER VALLEY PHARMACY UPDATE FROM PARTNER BOGDAN BIENKO

PLEASE SEE BELOW AS A FORMAL UPDATE ABOUT THE PHARMACY

Panther Valley Pharmacy has had a theft of narcotics at the pharmacy. The attorney general's office is investigating
and during the process disabled our prescription files and cash registers. We are working to restore our files and hope to be up by this evening. The pharmacy will continue to be open during our normal business hours to accommodate your needs.
Thank you for your patience

Local Gal Local Gal
Nov '19

This still seems rather fishy based on the attorney generals report. Still convinces me this is not a place to get prescriptions filled. Seems very shady.

reisident08
Nov '19

I've been going to PV since the late 70's and will continue to use them. Funny how an employee commits a crime and the owner works with authorities to catch them, but now the owner is to blame. Only in the Neu America can you be destroyed or convicted with no evidence.

"Very very odd that people do not get that the fact that the state has looked into this, found they were selling expired drugs and not filling them in the actual pharmacy, with a licensed pharmacist or pharmacy tech filling shows, just how clueless you are that this is not a place to get prescriptions filled." Resident 08

No where in the Consumer Affairs report did it imply that they were selling expired drugs. We may be clueless, but at least our reading comprehension is working.

One-Eyed Poacher One-Eyed Poacher
Nov '19

One eyed poacher, it states that on page 2. “Medications stored in the basement included both active drug stock and expired medications, which were not segregated as required by (law).” They were filling prescriptions from this stock and if expired drugs were kept together with active ones, it’s HEAVILY implied that there was no distinction between the two.

However it does go on to state that all medications will be destroyed.

Really? Really?
Nov '19

Earlier this year, I had one unprofessional incident involving a couple of their employees. This was probably after the lawsuit mentioned above so maybe this explains why one was upset, but as a customer I will not stand for this and have switched to another pharmacy.

I have had nothing but good, helpful and competent service at Panther Valley Pharmacy. Their pharmacists go out of their way to be flexible and help with your medicines. I was at RiteAide for a long time and found the wait interminable and there were times when I wasn't able to get a much needed medicine for days.

rleaf rleaf
Nov '19

If I read the complaint right, they have a process violation that they voluntarily agreed to and fixed. No one said bad drugs given out, people filling prescriptions badly, just that safety regs being violated for space and personnel. No hearing, didn’t see a fine, just a voluntary correction. Did not see any great evil here or evil intent beyond a few bucks in savings for PV due to space and personnel.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Nov '19

I have nothing but positive experiencs with Panther Valley Pharmacy, they have always been professional and kind. My elderly aunt gets all her medication from them and loves the ease of delivery. I love their gift shop too, they always have great items and candles. I love the pharmacist as they always answer any questions we may have. It is overall just a lovely shop and we will continue to frequent them.

SusanC SusanC
Nov '19

too bad; love this place.

Are they now open as of today?

They were open the very next day AJMS.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '19

They are open - doing their usual - helpful - happy they have my second dose of singrix
vaccine waiting for me ------------------They're fine..............

4catmom 4catmom
Nov '19

One issue in over 3 years won't stop me from going there . Even when a prescription isn't done they fill it fast and efficiently .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Nov '19

They are the best.

maybebaby
Nov '19

I too have never had an issue with The Panther Valley Pharmacy. The are very nice and extremely helpful. I have have gone there for years and will continue to do so.

Bobbob Bobbob
Nov '19

I started reading this thread from the beginning, and I had my fears about how it would end up.

Reading further, it is apparent that there was much more "smoke" than actual "fire" around the whole story.

Been getting my prescriptions from them for years and never had a problem. I see no reason to change.

Tempest in a teapot, IMO.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Nov '19

Last night I went to Villa Nova Pizza to pick up a pizza. I noticed on the Panther Valley Pharmacy's front window a sign stating - Pharmacist in Charge and a name I was not familiar with. I don't recall name now. This Pharmacy is the best and I wish them all good.

maybebaby
Nov '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.