**Important Poll**

Ok its actually a fun, nonsensical query.

How many folks have eaten most or part of the Halloween candy supply and will need to purchase more prior to the 31st? LOL.

For our house, the Almond Joys and Hershey bars stood very little chance of making it to the big day this year. In addition we buy a fairly decent quantity even though the numbers of trick or treaters has consistently been getting less and less each year. More yummy candy for the pre-gaming! LMAO

Guilty as charged. Not all but certainly a heathly sample of the offerings. 100 Grand bars and Clark bars stand very little chance of surviving to the Holiday.

Eperot Eperot
Oct '19

Guilty hahaha

farminginsuburgatory
Oct '19

Very Very guilty Ha Ha A very fun poll. Reeses Peanut Butter Cups , Almond Joys, Snickers, etc, etc, LOL

maybebaby
Oct '19

I had to slap myself away from it at Shop Rite or I'd have to carefully slit the bags open and pretend I didn't at home. Gone by next week. I have no willpower.

DogDayAfternoon
Oct '19

I have never opened a bag of candy destined for the trick or treaters. My wife on the other hand would partake unless I hid them from her which I always did once I found she had no will power.

Every year!!

I usually still have it the following Halloween

maja2 maja2
Oct '19

Guilty. I only need to buy one bag anyway. It's half gone, need to replace it. I think I need to buy crappy candy that I wont even eat. Dum Dum pops maybe. :<(

auntiel auntiel
Oct '19

I don't buy any. We have never had anyone come to the door in the 12 years we have lived here.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '19

Same here, Calico. In our case, it's been more like thirty years and four different residences. We didn't plan it that way, but none of them have been conducive to trick or treating.

Courtney1 Courtney1
Oct '19

We give out juice pouches, no desire to have one. The kids are always happy to get them, and the leftovers go to my nieces kids or the Lords Pantry. Last year we gave out over 130 of them. If I bought candy, it would be what I like, not a good thing. If anyone is giving York Peppermint Patties or Junior Mints, please save one for me.

Bessie Bessie
Oct '19

Re: **Important Poll**

Usually buy the candy pretty close to Halloween, so most of the "theft" happens to the leftovers... mini Reese cups, Snickers, Mounds, Nestle Crunch, Butterfinger, Gobstoppers....

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Oct '19

We live on a privately owned lane with only 5 houses on it and not very well illuminated especially at night. Once in a while we get the Grandkids or friends kids that are prearranged to stop here so usually just buy bars of either Twix or Reeses as all kids love those . No problem getting rid of them after either! Munch, Munch!! Yum!

joyful joyful
Oct '19

I live in a development, with lots of children. It’s as quiet as a retirement community. The only time we hear/see children is on Halloween. This makes for a feast or famine situation, regarding the candy. It’s so hard to predict how many kids we’re going to get. So....yes...we overdo the Snickers, Reese’s, and Kit Kats, just in case we run out. We eat about half, prior to Halloween. Hope everyone has fun!

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Oct '19

As a young man living with 3 others halfway down the cul-de-sac in a new-family, new neighborhood, lots of kids, in a split level where entering the door there was a landing and then half-stairway up or down. We didn't have a lot of extra money unless for beer and certainly not candy, so we hatched "the plan" to ward off the little ones.

One monster-outfitted dude stood on the first floor at the top of the entry door, green light for eerie background, another slowly, with loud creaks opened the door, hiding, creaking. Suddenly monster dude dropped down, long knife in hand, growling madly.

Ten feet behind the kids sitting in the front yard against a pole, was I --- a hockey-masked, axe carrying, murderer who could tell the kids thought I was a dummy (and perhaps I was) who then rose waving my axe with a similar growl. Instantly I regretted our actions as I saw the terrified eyes of these kids as they ran, screaming down the street.

The rest of the night these kids stood at the end of the cul-de-sac daring others to take the route they had. We had to go out and buy much more candy. I think a number of them came twice.

Unintended consequences.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Oct '19

Since we’re on a “road” that doesn’t get T&T-ers, I try not to get anything since it just gets consumed. Last year I did grab some and handed it out as I walked with my son explaining that we live on a road and never get any kids:)

Blackcat Blackcat
Oct '19

I may dip in once I open the bags to mix them and in between giving them out, but I'm always afraid I'll run out, even though I normally get 4 of the largest bags available. I normally have plenty left over and gradually eat what I don't take to work and leave on the "common table" in the break room.

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.