Nielsen Radio Diary

Has anyone received a request in the mail from Nielsen Radio Diary to complete a booklet for one week of your radio listening? It asks for times, station, and place your were (like at home, at work, in a car). They also included $2.00 with the pamphlet. I can't see any harm in doing this and mailing it back, but I'm such a distrusting skeptic, it makes me nervous.
They thanked me for agreeing to do this survey, but I never agreed prior to receiving the diaries in the mail (they sent 2 of them). There was a letter earlier with a dollar included but I jut kept the dollar and threw the letter out.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
4 weeks ago

I did it about a year ago. Wasn’t bad. Just had to rennet what I listened too through out the day.

Mr. Tone Mr. Tone
4 weeks ago

I did it a couple of years ago. Nothing to worry about.

I've done those a few times. They take some time to fill out but it's kind of cool to be asked.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
4 weeks ago

I've done it a few times over the years. They just ask at what time of day did you listen - where - car/home, etc. and what stations.

I would really enjoy if asked. Between WRNJ,WDVR 89.7 FM, WFAN, NJ 101.5,WAEB AM,WOR AM and other night time AM surfing- 740 AM out of Canada after sundown for oldies- has a bulk of my radio covered.

Am I and others here that will and have commented about this subject, the last of a generation or three that actually still listens to free over the air radio?

I have a 1960’s Hallicrafter tube table top radio and a couple Sony portable transistor radios that go with me when I am outside. Nothing like moving that tuning dial and bringing in some station from far away into your ear. I used to as a kid- after dark- try to see how far a station I could pull in on my AM radio. Depending on the atmosphere - and time of year- the best I ever did was pulling in a Denver Colorado AM station late at night. I actually kept notes as a kid about stuff like that- pulling in Chicago or St Louis on AM late at night was fairly common. It really was magical- I still get a kick out of that.

Streaming radio stations just doesn’t cut it for me- something about good old over the airwaves radio that is in my bones still.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
4 weeks ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Nielsen Radio Diary
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.