Nielsen Radio Diary

Has anyone received a request in the mail from Nielsen Radio Diary to complete a booklet for one week of your radio listening? It asks for times, station, and place your were (like at home, at work, in a car). They also included $2.00 with the pamphlet. I can't see any harm in doing this and mailing it back, but I'm such a distrusting skeptic, it makes me nervous.
They thanked me for agreeing to do this survey, but I never agreed prior to receiving the diaries in the mail (they sent 2 of them). There was a letter earlier with a dollar included but I jut kept the dollar and threw the letter out.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Aug '19

I did it about a year ago. Wasn’t bad. Just had to rennet what I listened too through out the day.

Mr. Tone Mr. Tone
Aug '19

I did it a couple of years ago. Nothing to worry about.

I've done those a few times. They take some time to fill out but it's kind of cool to be asked.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Aug '19

I've done it a few times over the years. They just ask at what time of day did you listen - where - car/home, etc. and what stations.

SS2cats SS2cats
Aug '19

I would really enjoy if asked. Between WRNJ,WDVR 89.7 FM, WFAN, NJ 101.5,WAEB AM,WOR AM and other night time AM surfing- 740 AM out of Canada after sundown for oldies- has a bulk of my radio covered.

Am I and others here that will and have commented about this subject, the last of a generation or three that actually still listens to free over the air radio?

I have a 1960’s Hallicrafter tube table top radio and a couple Sony portable transistor radios that go with me when I am outside. Nothing like moving that tuning dial and bringing in some station from far away into your ear. I used to as a kid- after dark- try to see how far a station I could pull in on my AM radio. Depending on the atmosphere - and time of year- the best I ever did was pulling in a Denver Colorado AM station late at night. I actually kept notes as a kid about stuff like that- pulling in Chicago or St Louis on AM late at night was fairly common. It really was magical- I still get a kick out of that.

Streaming radio stations just doesn’t cut it for me- something about good old over the airwaves radio that is in my bones still.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Aug '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.