Local OB that delivers at Morristown or St Clare’s

I want to see if anyone has had any good experiences with a local OB that delivers at either Morristown or St Clare’s AND is doula friendly. Doula recommendations also welcome!

My current GYN does not do OB anymore and I wanted to see if anyone had recommendations on a local practice. I probably would be going to midwife route, but because of some complications with conception I may need a couple more ultrasounds that normal.

First time mom to be First time mom to be
Aug '19

There isn't really many midwives around here that deliver at either of those hospitals. The one office deliveries out of Newton.Suzanne is the midwife there used to be Understanding Woman but I think the name changed.

The other midwife practice is Midwives of New Jersey, they do a lot of home births but they delivery at Morristown as well.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Aug '19

I had both of my babies in Morristown with the Midwives of NJ ( in Patriots Plaza across from target). If you would like to go the midwife route but are concerned that you may need more ultrasounds, you can always speak with them about your concern prior to becoming a patient. I can’t recommend them enough, they were professional and truly have mom and baby’s health as their top priority. Congrats!

I know there is one in Ledgewood (Succasunna) not to far . Morristown Obstetrics
973-927-1188

Waldo Waldo
Aug '19

I went to morristown on and I had a lot of challenges staying pregnant. I went to ahs maternalnfetal for the extra ultrasounds as referred by morristown ob. I did not use a doula or midwife so I am not able to say how well they are working with either but for my general care throughout and for the labor and delivery they were great!

Mel81 Mel81
Aug '19

I should have also mentioned my pregnancies were high risk and I used a local OB here but was also over seen by maternal fetal medicine at Morristown. If they felt I needed to dealer at morristown, MFM would have delivered.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Aug '19

I absolutely love the midwives of New Jersey! I had both my kids with them at Morristown.

Check out there website !
midwivesofnj.com

I had my first when I was 20 and they made me feel so comfortable, I was so excited to use them again with my 2nd.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.