Vehicle fires

What's going on with all these vehicle fires? It seems like every week you hear of one or more.

Yeah!...... vehicle fires, and cars driving into homes / buildings / businesses etc.

I forget the recent forward vehicle driven into ?? because the floor mat got wedged under the gas pedal!...... ????? I question, "How does a floor mat wedged UNDER the accelerator pedal cause the vehicle to accelerate?" ........ With the mat under the pedal, it would prevent the pedal from being pressed; or am I missing something here?"

Embryodad Embryodad
Jun '19

There’s actually a recall for my Lincoln MKZ for floor mat replacement because there’s a way your foot can get caught with your foot on the pedal. It’s not the mat under the petal that’s the issue, it’s that your foot gets wedged somehow while it’s on the gas. It happened to me once but luckily was able to get it unstuck. I don’t remember how it got stuck exactly but it scared me a little.

Maybe since the wonderful administration Chris Christie pretty much gutted the NJ Inspection stations people care less about proper maintenance and upkeep of their vehicle!

Been to an inspection center lately? Might as well live in Alabama with what passes!!

Chick-fil-a Ed Chick-fil-a Ed
Jun '19

Embryodad - It was Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Parsippany.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/woman-crashes-car-ruths-chris-steak-house

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '19

Everybody who is upset that they dont need a car inspection every year, please raise your hand. Anybody? Hello!?

Inspection doesn't cover the vehicles that commute from NY and PA every day.

maja2 maja2
Jun '19

Inspection is a joke..your front end can be falling off the car and have bald tires but as long as the service engine soon light is off your good to go

Itiswhatitis
Jun '19

Ha ha, so true, Itiswhatitis

Positive Positive
Jun '19

[quote ] Embryodad - It was Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Parsippany. [ quote ]

Thanks Calico696

Embryodad Embryodad
Jun '19

@RAS that makes a lot more sense. I could not wrap my mind around how she could possibly say it was the floor mat that caused this to happen. It would maybe explain the speed she was going (fast enough to break through all that brick, concrete, and shrubs). Although, she did hit a parked car behind her when she was reversing out of her spot-before she sped forward and into Ruth’s. It’s possible she was flustered after hitting the car. It’s a miracle no one was sitting there when this happened.

Sundae Sundae
Jun '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.