HHS spring musical

Tons of congrats on the performance Tuck Everlasting! Mrs. Higgins & the entire cast were very professional especially the yellow suit guy, my grandson. Every performer was top notch.

All parents All parents
Apr '19

The Man in the Yellow Suit was awesome! He made the perfect bad guy for the show...such great facial expressions!

Overall, it really was a wonderful show...after a difficult year with the auditorium, the kids had the opportunity to perform on a stage with some unique features (multi-levels, trap doors, etc.) And Mrs. Higgins does such great work, from costumes, to the set, to bringing out the best in each person on stage.

My daughter (she was Winnie Foster) loves being a part of HHS drama club, and we are all going through a little withdrawal now that it's over.

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Apr '19

Freddy Awards released the HHS Musical video.

It was a wonderful show and Mrs Higgins and Mrs Pomeroy and the cast and crew worked many long hours to make this come together .
I just want to send a special thank you to the Country Gate Players for opening their doors to our school , My daughter is a Senior ( Mae Tuck) and you made her final performances on your stage an amazing experience she will always treasure....

Here is the link for the facebook video ( you can find it on twitter too)

https://www.facebook.com/FreddyAwards/videos/349988812291346/UzpfSTEwMDAyNDk4MTI3MjY4OTozOTYzNDE2MTc4NzUyMTE/

dismom dismom
Apr '19

Dismom, your daughter is amazing! Of course I had been listening to the Broadway cast recording since last summer, and "Most Beautiful Day" was never a favorite of mine. Well, your daughter's performance of that song made me love it! And she has been a great friend to my daughter, who was Winnie. My daughter loves her and looks up to her!

I was so proud of the whole cast, and of course with Mrs. Higgins and Mrs. Pomeroy at the helm, they were in good hands!

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Apr '19

Jersey Girl... They are such a great group of kids!! lol I refer to your daughter as ";Winnie " now all the time, she was so great in her role.

I have never heard the original Broadway version of the show. May need to listen to it..

and All Parents your grandsons evil laugh was spot on.....loved it....

dismom dismom
Apr '19

Loved the show! Country Gate Theater was a nice intimate setting that worked well with the story. The dancing girls (fairy dancers?) were exceptional to help set the mood of a fairy tale forest setting. Actually, ALL the actors were excellent and my friend and I enjoyed the performance immensely. Kudos to all!

Leslie W Leslie W
Apr '19

Way to go Hackettstown on the Freddy Awards!

Boom, even under our special situation, they pull out a big one. Great job all. So much work. Was a great moment to watch. Love the Freddies, seems better and better every year. Fantastic to see a winner return ten years later with his Broadway accomplishments.

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
May '19

Under difficult and a different venue, the drama and vocal departments pull it off! An amazing performance of an uncommonly performed shown and the kids shine through. Kudos to Mrs. Higgins and Pomeroy, and credit to all who worked in front and behind the scenes! Thank you.

Acl76 Acl76
May '19

Higgins cements her legacy! What a treasure. Thank you on behalf of all your young successes!

Hope they add some stage spiffs when they fix that roof; it’s good to invest in what works! These kids have an edge when they enter the world as experienced winners!

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
May '19

Congrats to HHS drama club on winning Freddy Award at state theater in Easton, PA. Last nite. Great job by all students - parents & families are so proud! The school & town are so proud of you!

All parents All parents
May '19

Tons of congratulations to HHS drama club on winning Freddy award at state theater last nite. The tons of hours put into practicing for the spring musical really paid off! Students and teachers should be so proud! The whole town is proud! Keep it going.

All parents All parents
May '19

So amazingly proud of the cast and crew of Tuck Everlasting!!!

Before nominations, I told my daughter (who played Winnie Foster) that the Freddy’s are fun but the real reward comes from the feeling that comes after having put on an amazing show. HHS’s performance of “Tuck Everlasting” was beautiful and poignant and entertaining and funny...whatever happens at nominations and awards is icing on the cake!

And now that they garnered 6 nominations and one big win, well, the icing on the cake is so incredibly sweet!

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
May '19

Stranger Danger, I agree, we are so blessed to have Mrs. Higgins at the helm of the HHS drama club! She is not only a talented performer in her own right, but she is so talented in developing her students, as well!

For a small school, we are blessed with a strong arts department! It would nice to get not only a fix of the auditorium but also a few upgrades!

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
May '19

Rumor has it that Bangor put in $80K to their show.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
May '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.