Hackettstown police looking for a hit and run driver

Hackettstown police report they are attempting to identify a hit-and-run driver who struck a 24-year-old pedestrian on Tuesday afternoon in an intersection. The man suffered a knee injury but declined medical treatment, police said. The incident h...
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2019/02/do-you-know-alleged-hit-and-run-driver-who-police-say-hurt-man-in-intersection-watch.html

Bug3
Feb '19

Did anyone see a video where the police/net did (not) cut out the part showing the walker getting hit? the 2 I saw, the police or TV station showed right up until he got hit.

Hackresident Hackresident
Feb '19

As it should be. No need to see the obvious. Luckily the pedestrian was not injured badly.

They announced on WRNJ this afternoon the police caught the driver.

Big question- was the walk or the don't walk sign lit up when the poor man decided to cross?

I hope he is OK, but I also am wondering did he refuse medical help?

Keri, looks like the light was green for Moore St traffic so the Walk light would have been up for pedestrians crossing art 46.

It really doesn't matter if the light was lit up..the pedestrian was in the middle of the crosswalk...all traffic has to yield.....this is different then a pedestrian walking in front of a car

Bug3
Feb '19

If the light said don't walk then just shows the pedestrian is an idiot for crossing. Doesn't mean what the driver did was right, but there are lights for a reason.

Metsman Metsman
Feb '19

Glad they got the hit and run driver, young 20's female , black car with a missing hubcap!!

Hackresident Hackresident
Feb '19

I can tell you one thing I am not impressed with the local young drivers in town. No patience and dangerous driving practices...

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.