Three Identical Strangers

Did anyone see that movie/documentary, "Three Identical Strangers" on CNN in the last week? (Sunday, December 27 and Saturday, February 2?

what did you think of it?

I thought the movie was extremely interesting and phenominal. I can see why it was rated 4 Stars!

Hackresident Hackresident
Feb '19

No, but I know 2 identical strangers is why we have finger printing.

For those unfamiliar look up Will and William West. Unrelated- but both the same name, exact same look, and both in the same place at the same time.

Yet- these days there is a push for facial recognition software.

I will see if I can find the show you recommend.

Yes we watched it - fascinating and extremely sad...............what awful experiments with babies - and the studies locked up for years and years..................
worth watching indeed...

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '19

Definitely a must watch! Sounds boring. That’s what I thought. Just give it 15 min. It’s absolutely incredible! A little scary, but no spoilers! Check it out!

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Feb '19

I read the premise of it on Wikipedia. So what are you advocating abortion as humane because the brothers went through struggles and one killed themselves? Maybe they shouldn't have separated the kids and adopted them to a family that wanted all 3. There are also plenty of kids born to two parents who take the responsibility and care for the children that end up having problems as well. It's an imperfect world and there's no such thing as a perfect arrangement.

Metsman Metsman
Feb '19

So good, one of the better documentaries I have seen in a while.

englishe30 englishe30
Feb '19

Da-mn you Metsman. don't tell the spoiler in the film for people that didn't see it. what's wrong with you?????

Feb '19

I watched it a 2nd time also. I picked up more specifics the 2nd time around. such an excellently-made documentary.

Feb '19

Oh I did! I watched it, it was so fun and interesting at the beginning and so heartfelt and tragic at the end. I could see the pain on Bobby and David's faces. I am glad you brought it up, I meant to mention it to my sister!

the 2nd time around watching this movie, I noticed the actions and words of one of the triplets in particular more. I was confused with the 3 names and who said and did what the first 8/10 of the movie, the 1st time I saw "The Identical Strangers". this became more clear the 2nd time.

Feb '19

Metsman - perhaps watch it- you brought up abortion - not relevant - not even a bit -

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '19

I watched, interesting story of the experiment done with human lives.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '19

Can't wait to see it - i just saw an interview on youtube with the brothers and was trying to find the documentary.

thanks for posting Hackresident!

htown newbie htown newbie
Feb '19

I can say more about the movie and it's Theme and Theories, but I don't want to ruin any more for anybody else that will watch it for the 1st time.

CNN, not sure of the next air date. Possibly/probably next Sat. or Sun. night.

So interesting and intriguing. The best.

Feb '19

You're welcome, htown newbie. Please post back again with your thoughts.

Check CNN for dates and times. i'm sure they will continue to air it.

Feb '19

available on cnn on demand till 2/9

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '19

Lol, obviously metsman didn’t watch it.

Raises so many deep questions. What a roller coaster!

HappyTeacher HappyTeacher
Feb '19

Is it on regular CNN on Saturday February 9th?

I didn't pay to see it "On Demand", (What's On Demand?)

Feb '19

On Demand does not necessarily mean for pay. You can buy it permanently through On Demand, but currently you can play it until 2/24 for free. It does not show any on air times are available when you check the "Watch Options".

On demand is a Comcast thing. A place to find shows.

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Feb '19

If I'm home, I may watch the first half hour again or more. intriguing as heck!

Feb '19

on demand also on optimum.............this should be free on demand -

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '19

I believe I made it pretty clear I didn't watch it when I said I read the premise on Wikipedia. Learn how to read.

Metsman Metsman
Feb '19

Finally got to see it - so many open questions...

(spoiler alert) Just don't understand how the Austrian-born psychoanalyst that fled wwII - knew of Mengele's human experimentation (?) and had the audacity to practice on children? and the adoption collaborate? they had to be paid off?

How did they find the biological parents? who provided data?

I guess i will stay tuned for the next segment...

htown newbie htown newbie
Feb '19

htown newbie:

was it on today on CNN?

there's more than 1 part to this movie? I saw it for 2 hours straight.

I can tell you how the 3 sons found the biological mother, but I don't want to (spoil) it for others that will see the documentary.

Feb '19

I don't think there is a "next segment". It was a two-hour documentary on CNN.
It was an interesting and heartbreaking story about these three young men, for them and their families, basically being used as guinea pigs for some scientific experiment.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Feb '19

On Comcast, It’s available on demand

Quiet one Quiet one
Feb '19

if it's on this weekend, watch it. if it's the last showing, i'll tel lyou how the Triplets found their mother.

the 1st showing had less commericals. the 2nd showing cut a bunch of stuff out of it.

Feb '19

Gadsooks !Tri-ppelgangers !!!

One-eyed Poacher One-eyed Poacher
Feb '19

I did watch that movie just last night as a matter of fact! I was intrigued and fascinated by it as well. I studied psychology in school and can remember learning that these studies took place- but actually seeing a documentary on it and actual persons involved made a world of difference to me. It was well worth the watch and thoroughly thought provoking. If you do watch it- enjoy!

Sunshine Girl Sunshine Girl
Feb '19

Just sat down on the couch. This is available free to me on demand.

Started watching it, and literally just hit pause at under 10 minutes into it because I had to come here and post that so far it is well done with production value in the way they are filming it and is enjoyable.

I will let you know my thoughts when I complete it but as for now better than most of the crap on TV.

30 minutes in- it gets better!!

Is it on tonight (Saturday) on CNN ??

Feb '19

not on Optimum - look on your cable guide -on demand - it should be available there for free anytime

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '19

how do you get it for viewing if it's not shown at a ce rtain time on CNN ??

Feb '19

Hackresident - If you have Comcast/Xfinitity and one of the remotes with voice command the easiest thing is to hold down the blue microphone and say "Identical Strangers" and it comes right up. If you don't have voice control then you should press the "Xfinity" button which is for On Demand. You can then search for it or go through the prompts of documentaries and news.

30 mins in might be better but the whole thing is an hour and a half. At an hour you understand how deliberate it was and it turns dark. At 80 mins you understand that it was not only deliberate, they continued to deny they knew what was happening all along. They knew it would fail and wanted to watch how. With predicable tragic results.

I watched it twice already :-) I love it that much. I got more insight the 2nd time around then the first watching.

it was 2 hours each showing. does this have commercials?

I never used On Demand or even heard of the voice command..... t hank you.

Feb '19

Yes, even though it says its free it has some commercials to pay for it. On Demand will not let you fast forward through the adverts. But there are not that many compared to everyday broadcasts. It's worth it to see.

HackNewbie: They found their mother by going to Town Hall in NYC (I believe, or the institution that holds all the NY birth records), and they each grapped a large binder of all the births on July 12, 1961, and a few hours later, one of the triplets found a woman giving birth to 3 on that date. There may not have been any other mothers giving birth to Triplets on that date. t hat was a "Bingo" to them!

They weren't too pleased with their mother. they met a her "watering hole" bar on the corner, guess she was 18 or 19 when she had them. T Hey didn't remain close to her, I'm thinking it was just a one-time meeting. there was no mention of finding their father at all.

Now that it won't be airing again, it was an experiment with giving each boy up to doctor/lawyer parents; laborer/construction parents, and middle-income parents. there were an on-going tests for many years (about 10 I summize) where they wanted to see how the kids turned out with Nature (their genes) and Nurture (how they were brought up with care, morals and intervention, etc.).

I feel bad for the adopted father of Eddie. At the end it was so sad (his comment of, "he must have done something wrong". it's going to be sad for him if he is still alive to watch that movie.

In the first airing on a Sunday, when the one triplet from first-day college went w/ his new roommate to the home of the other triplet that was a student at the college the previous year, got a speeding ticket and was explaining to the cop why: that someone said he has a twin and he was speeding to get to Long Island to see him. The cop still gave him a ticket. That was cut out).

Since this airing of the movie at select theaters in NYC and CA, the University where they were holding all the "Studies" became open to the 2 Triplets, and not in another 75 years when the doctor (who died) said it was to be released and not before.

did anyone watch it last night ? comments and thoughts? I give it 5 stars. so excellently made and put together!

Feb '19

Now I have to watch "Saturday Night Fever" again....when is that airing?

there aren't many movies at all that I wanted to see twice.

Feb '19

It will be repeated on CNN from 9Pm to 11 PM on Saturday 2/23. It is also still available OnDemand.

Quiet one Quiet one
Feb '19

geez, and I l et the dog out of the bag too soon.

(sorry to those that haven't seen it that want to.) DON'T read my long email above!

thank you for the information! 3rd time. :-)

Feb '19

Quiet one --- I couldn't find that info online ---- can you give the link that shows the re-airing on 2/23? Thanks.

happiest girl
Feb '19

We have Sling and I watched it On Demand over the weekend. I really enjoyed it too.

Tracy Tracy
Feb '19

Re: Three Identical Strangers

Found it in the Comcast listings. See attached photo

Quiet one Quiet one
Feb '19

So on Saturday, 2/23/19, is it on CNN's: Channel 31 (Comcast), or Channel 817 ?

Feb '19

Here's a 6 minute except from it:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2019/01/25/three-identical-strangers-preview.cnn/video/playlists/three-identical-strangers-videos/

Feb '19

817 is the HD channel...31 is SD

Bug3
Feb '19

So I can just turn on channel 817 on Saturday, Feb. 23 at 8:00 p.m. and watch it ?

Feb '19

No... because the image above states that it doesn't start until 9pm (-;

ianimal ianimal
Feb '19

It will be on both of the Comcast CNN channels (31 and 817) on Saturday 2/23 at 9 PM. You can watch it then or, if you have access to watch it OnDemand, you can watch it anytime.

Quiet one Quiet one
Feb '19

All these years I never knew or heard about "On Demand". I thought that was something extra t hat you had to pay for. I have basic cable now--I used to have more channels, but these damn people keep increasing it yearly!

Thank you for the information. Now......What is "SD" and "HD"? :-)

Feb '19

It's how good the quality of the picture is.

SD = Standard Definition
HD = High Definition

The lower number channels on Comcast are all the regular quality, the HD ones are the 800's.

"Standard Definition " and "High Definition"... if you only have basic cable, I doubt you're paying the extra $10 a month for HD programming. Go with Channel 31.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '19

The doc was good but not as good as these explainations of basic tv functions.

Roywhite Roywhite
Feb '19

I'm in school again. :-)

thank you.

Feb '19

Don't forget that the movie about the separated triplets at birth is airing at 9:00 pm TONIGHT, Saturday, February 23 at 9:00 p.m. on CNN.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/images/forum/2019/02/a3905f77f4ae113e730fa7e113eaec0f76092037.png

Feb '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.