TSA at the Airport

Anyone travel lately? Wondering about the lines for security. Thanks.

Acl76 Acl76
Jan '19

Not too long took me 15 minutes

smom15 smom15
Jan '19

https://www.dhs.gov/how-do-i/check-wait-times

This will be pretty accurate in my experience.
Expect a 30 minute wait at EWR and no precheck / global entry. They will pink card you so you can keep your shoes on.

Skippy Skippy
Jan '19

Depends what time you go. I've never had to wait more than 20 minutes or so.

Melissa Melissa
Jan '19

Just saw this today:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/get-to-the-airport-early-government-shutdown-could-double-security-lines-2019-01-04

justintime justintime
Jan '19

Thanks!

Acl76 Acl76
Jan '19

Depending on the airport and time of day. It's definitely NOT as bad as they claim it is on the news.

Baci’s mom Baci’s mom
Jan '19

I agree with Baci's mom. At airport on Sunday. Never seen it so quiet. Through security in record-breaking time.

observer3 observer3
Jan '19

My husband flew out of Allentown on Sunday morning and had no problem at all.

At Newark airport today waiting time was 2 hours. I arrived at 11:30 for a 2:47 flight. I got to the gate at 1:45. I am on a United flight to Chicago. The line was wrapped around and down the stairs. It moved pretty steadily.

Raptorsfan77
Jan '19

I wouldn't be surprised if this lead to going back to privatizing the security at airports and getting rid of the TSA altogether.

Don - Don't tease me like that! lol... honestly, if they are so "necessary" why wouldn't they be excluded from the shutdown?!?! It's security theater that could do better privatized - hopefully then they would do an objective analysis of what measures are truly effective and focus efforts there than on the nonsense they do now. The DMV improved when privatized. What does that tell you?

somechik somechik
Jan '19

It tells you that if privatized, they might still be closed. If funding comes from Fed.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Jan '19

So I’m sitting on a plane now waiting to take off... arrived at Terminal B at 4:50pm and got through the regular TSA line (shoes off and everything) at 5:07pm...

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Jan '19

Thanks. Hope I get out. Our flight is 11 am out of JFK....

Acl76 Acl76
Jan '19

We flew out of Newark today to Chicago. We arrived at least 2.5 hours early for our 1:30PM flight. There were maybe 10 people in front of us going through the TSA Pre check line around 10:30 AM. We were through very quickly.

BrandyB BrandyB
Jan '19

H-town Mama, Hope you have a good trip, wherever you are heading.

Mansfield mama Mansfield mama
Jan '19

The free TSA app was accurate on my hot springs to RDU flight via ATL.

Skippy Skippy
Jan '19

Thanks mama! It’s a special flight
Going to reunite my son with his father that he hasn’t seen in over 10 years

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Jan '19

My sister flew out of Laguardia to Wilmington this morning. It only took 10 minutes to get through the TSA security line.

kb2755 kb2755
Jan '19

They are not getting paid, so probably not checking much.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Jan '19

From my experience the comments posted regarding EWR are accurate if you depart from Terminal C.

There are much longer lines and delays when departing from Terminal A. The only difference between TSA precheck and non precheck, is shoe removal and metal detector. They are both in the same long line.

Less than 10 mins from bag check to through security today

Parent of 2 Parent of 2
Jan '19

5 minutes total TSA precheck. 20 regular at Newark

maja2 maja2
Jan '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.