RIP President George H.W. Bush

RIP 41.

Re: RIP President George H.W. Bush

RIP to a genuinely lovely, stand-up, respectable man who truly saw a politician's role as one of service to the people.

And as the Greatest Generation leaves us, may we strive to raise our young people to produce a second such generation.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '18

One of the last Flyboys and one of the greatest of the greatest generation.

weatherfan
Dec '18

A true American hero and one of our last from The Greatest Generation.

Vilified by both sides for "read my lips," he was right all along.

I have praised him mightily in recent decades, but did not during his time in office. Too much Reagan hangover; I was wrong in that and should have praised him for his efforts to lower the deficit and bring down the debt.

His love of country, family, and his fervent vision of giving back, not necessarily public service, but in service to others, is his lasting legacy. A humble man never prone to boast or draw attention to himself, GHWB should be our role model for Presidents and citizens alike.

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a bushel, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." JC, sermon on the mount

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Dec '18

RIP Mr. President.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '18

agreed weatherfan and Rebecca, one of the last of the greatest generation who knew how to live life honorably and humbly. He gave a lot and worked hard to make this a better nation.

RIP George Herbert Walker Bush, you did well when you were here, and we appreciate it

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Dec '18

Yep, a true patriot. Pulled back during Gulf War 1 as being ex-millitary he listened to his advisors who stated that 750k+ US soldiers would be required to take control of Iraq with too many casualties. He freed Kuwait, bombed Iraqis on their pullout and brought our troops home. Unfortunately, his son was conned by the Zionists to invade (Gulf War 2).

I have to stand for this man because he stood for us in many ways it is the hardest job to be President . Blessed be to you and your lady and only hope your spirits find each other from me and my family we hale to the chief good night

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Dec '18

I have no respect for this man.
I recall him saying, "Read my lips. No new taxes."
So I voted for him.
And a few years later, he added a bunch of new taxes.

Older Mom Older Mom
Dec '18

Older Mom you clearly do not understand the big picture during that era. Bush was the best one term President we have had to date and one of the most moral persons to ever occupy the Oval Office. WW2 fighter pilot, husband, father, congressman, head of the republican party, Ambassador to the UN, CIA director, Grandfather, VP and President of the United States of America. Bush is a man who served his country with honor and integrity fully deserving of our respect including yours.

"Bush was the best one term President we have had to date." True dat.

With his tax increase, he probably set up Clinton to return our greatest economy ever. Ill conceived or genius, you have to admit that move took...….bravery.

Plus, while we give Reagan rightful credit for ending the cold war, it was actually Bush who shepherded the peaceful resolution of the Cold War. No grandstanding, no victory dance, just a humble proceeding into the new world.

Dec '18

While I disagreed with much of his presidency, as well as his political world view, I hold him in high esteem for his WWII service. He seemed to be a very nice man, and I consider him to be the last of the "old guard" of politicians... imo, Clinton (along with the MTV generation) started a new era.

I preferred his son's presidency.

And I'm so glad Jeb never had a chance- I have no interest in political dynasties.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Dec '18

I hold him in high esteem for his service as well, he served humbly and honorably, period.

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Dec '18

"I preferred his son's presidency."
Coffee keyboard spew. That was a good one, JR....

Dec '18

I'm glad Jeb never had a chance either, RIP President Bush,

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Dec '18

Article on Sully, President Bush's service dog.

https://fox6now.com/2018/12/02/mission-complete-sully-bushs-service-dog-lies-by-flag-draped-casket-in-heartbreaking-photo/

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '18

Thanks for posting that Dana. :,(

Dec '18

I remember the Franklin call boy/pedophile scandal that rocked the Reagan/Bush white House.

It's amazing what rich, powerful and famous people can get away with their entire lives.

SayNoToAbuse SayNoToAbuse
Dec '18

I remember when Sully landed that plane in the Hudson River... that's one hell of a dog.

ianimal ianimal
Dec '18

He was a roll model for presidential behavior.

Old Gent Old Gent
Dec '18

Mail delivery will be suspended tomorrow (Wednesday) in honor of President Bush.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-postal-service-to-suspend-delivery-wednesday-in-president-bushs-honor

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '18

Have they ever done this for the death of a president?

The markets are closing as well. Which apparently is tradition dating back to the 1800s.

Dec '18

Poor Sully! When he got off the plane, his tail was curled under and he was sniffing the air, looking for his life long friend. He misses President Bush, 41(may him Rest In Peace). Dogs are so amazing!

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Dec '18

He was the opposite of Trump. He was not a draft dodger and spoke less than more.

Here is a live feed of the President lying in state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYFUJfjcF2E

Hmmm, think about that Greg, :>) GHW Bush had a great sense of humor, he would appreciate that mightily.

Dec '18

I agree! I did think about posting the link as a "current" feed...

A very touching moment just aired.

Just after the changing of the military personnel that guard the president which is done with such precision it is almost surreal, 95 year old Bob Dole was wheeled in. He was very visibly grieving. Senator Dole was helped to his feet and held up in order to salute the former president and fellow veteran. The scene was very raw, emotional and beautiful to see.

Would like to have seen that, will have to catch it on the news.

Dec '18

"Would like to have seen that, will have to catch it on the news."

You can scroll back on the live Youtube feed.

Unfortunately there's no clock time on the video, so you have to hunt and peck to find the right portion.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Dec '18

You are correct Mark. If you go back about 30 mins from now it is there. It was around 100PM so count back from the current time and it should be there..

Re: RIP President George H.W. Bush

Here's just a picture from the moment.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Dec '18

I saw the clip. Very moving.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Dec '18

Here is the clip with Bob Dole

https://www.mediaite.com/online/watch-bob-dole-pays-emotional-tribute-to-bush-at-capitol/

Quack, Quack
Dec '18

For those who haven't seen it, here is W's eulogy to his father.

Devoid of all politics, like it SHOULD be, UNLIKE the McCain funeral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htPQrCBLBaQ

Dec '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.