Anita’s Thanksgiving 2018

Wondering if Anita is in need of donations for Thanksgiving Dinner this year. I’ve earned my turkey at Shop Rite and would like to donate it if needed.

Bessie Bessie
Oct '18

OMG! YES!
How thoughtful of you. Call me when you can (908) 674-5595

Anita Rodriguez Anita Rodriguez
Oct '18

I'm not quite up to the point where I have enough points but intend to donate mine as well. I could take yours Bessie. It's an easy drop off for me.

Can you use a frozen turkey breast? We got it with points and with just two of us we'll never use it - If you can - where do I bring it and when??

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '18

GC, you can coordinate with me when you’re ready to get yours. I’ll get mine at the same time and you can be the deliverer, lol.

Bessie Bessie
Oct '18

I'd be happy to coordinate but let me contact you privately so we don't bore the world with the details.

I met Anita yesterday and gave her a frozen turkey breast we had earned ---and can't use - I asked what else she needs and of course she doesn't know yet - but one thing she is happy to get for "guests" are $5.00 shop rite cards. I plan to get some for her. How about you?

4catmom 4catmom
Nov '18

Bump (:

Mommaof2 Mommaof2
Nov '18

We did the Shop Rite cards for her last year, she was very appreciative. Thanks for the reminder to pick a few up.

Bessie Bessie
Nov '18

I can't get the link to post but WRNJ just had an article where Anita was honored by Josh Gottheimer for her Thanksgiving Dinner! And Another Hackettstown resident was honored for her annual Cookies for Troops.

Beautiful!

Seenit
Dec '18

This looks like it:

http://wrnjradio.com/news/2018/two-hackettstown-residents-were-among-those-honored-by-congressman-gottheimer/

justintime justintime
Dec '18

What a breath of fresh air. That WRNJ article mentions the name of the person doing the Cookies for Troops is Santina Flynn.

It also mentions a third local honoree:

"Fred Goerlitz of Mansfield Township was honored for being a life EMS first responder".

Fred has also been a volunteer at Anita's Thanksgiving.

And yea to Josh for his third Hometown Hero's. Good stuff and God bless Anita and all the other folks for this night.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Dec '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.