Ernie and Doms Pizza in Washington

Does anyone know why they closed for a long time?

spring
Oct '18

Warren County Board of Health

I've seen people posting on FB saying that they have gone in since they reopened and there are all new people working there and items on the menu are blacked out. Not sure what that means.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '18

I heard on the Washington community FB page that there was some type of family falling out between Ernie (Runs/owns Enzo's Pizza in Budd Lake) and his sister (forget her name) who is Dom's wife. Dom and Ernie's sister no longer run Ernie and Dom's. Supposedly the name will eventually get changed to "Ernie's" with Ernie running both businesses in Budd Lake and Washington.

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Oct '18

Ernie & Doms was our favorite pizza place - the one on Route 31 in Washington. They closed and re-opened with new staff and different food... DEFINITELY NOT the place we went to for YEARS!! Loved Anna and Dom and can't stand the fact they are no longer a part of our community...great people, great food and are greatly missed. Ernie - grow up and realize you made a mistake. The food was always better than the place on 57 (Enzo's) also a better atmosphere...Anna and Dom knew the names of regulars and were always pleasant. Truly missed by many@

KellyME KellyME
Jan '20

Most of the people in the area haven't skipped a beat with then closing, us included. Little Italy in the old A&P plaza is far better than Ernie & Dom's ever could have hoped to be.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '20

"Little Italy in the old A&P plaza is far better than Ernie & Dom's ever could have hoped to be."

Agreed.

Is that the Little Italy at the old A&P plaza in Belvidere or the old A&P plaza in Washington?

The Little Italy in Belvidere has gone downhill the last couple visits.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Jan '20

@Ryme Animal-Washington. It’s great pizza. The only place we’ll go to locally.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jan '20

Rhyme Animal the folks that own/operate Little Italy in Washington are no longer affiliated with the Belvidere location. I heard this a few months back from the older guy that makes the pies in the Washington location that used to be at the Belvidere location. I think he might be the owners father??

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Jan '20

My wife and I very very rarely order pizza. We have been in my house for over a decade and have maybe ordered or drove locally for pick up on pizza two or three times prior to finding little Italy.

Once we discovered them we have ordered eight or nine times in the last six months.

They have a phone app that makes it quick and convenient, the service is fast, The menu has a wide variety and most importantly the food is delicious.

hi, Ernie and Doms Pizza in Washington is currently closed at this time.

Building has been vacant for more than 5-6 months.

KellyME, Who are YOU to tell Ernie to "grow up and realize he made a mistake"? Jeeeeez. Take care of your own life, before making this type of comment.

DogDayAfternoon
Jan '20

Correct. Luis sold the Little Italy location in Belvidere. He is now at the Washington location full time.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '20

"The food was always better than the place on 57 (Enzo's) also a better atmosphere..."

is this comment related to one or both of the two unrelated (to Dom & Ernies) restaurants named Enzo's on 57 (Washington and Mansfield) or the related restaurant named Enzo's in Budd Lake that is actually on US-46? My head hurts.... this is why I only eat at places named Frank's...

ianimal ianimal
Jan '20

Ianimal, you could eat out of a dumpster and get better quality then Franks.

ABundy ABundy
Jan '20

Can you get franjs at Franks? I would relish that, it would allow me to catchup on things Be frank please.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Jan '20

I like Gabby's right near Hong Kong Gardens and also Dinos in Budd Lake. DInos has been open over 40 years with same owners

Jimt1058
Jan '20

Ernie and Doms in Washington is CLOSED. The one by the old A&P.

PS Jacks Pizza and Gabriella's in Pburg are really good .

Hong Kong Gardens? Eat do not type.

stephen stephen
Jan '20

Anything pizza wise in Phillpsburg is trash.

ABundy ABundy
Jan '20

Stephen,

I am sure you were trying to make a snide remark but maybe you should learn how to read before you tell me not to type.

Jimt1058
Jan '20

There is a new pizzeria/Italian restaurant coming to this location. The name is Mama Maria's. I saw the sign out front when I drove by today. They better be good or they will never complete with Little Italy being so close by.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '20

Not a fan of Little Italy, extremally long wait times and mediocre pizza imo.

2 cents
Aug '20

Wow, completely opposite experience at Little Italy. It’s our favorite.
Calico is right. This new place has much to compete with right behind their building.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Aug '20

We like Little Italy, but have stopped using their delivery. It takes forever. Last time was over 2 hours and they had told us 45 minutes. We just pick up if we want food from there.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.