Poodle-type dog found on Rt. 517 (Reunited)

Poodle-type dog found on Rt. 517 (Reunited)

Sharing from Facebook. "Found dog on route 517, dropped off at Tranquility Veterinary clinic. Does anyone recognize her?"

Denis Denis
Aug '18

Poor thing, good soul who brought her as this dog doesn't look like she could survive very much longer on her own.

Yes apparently she was just laying on the side of the road exhausted.

Denis Denis
Aug '18

my neighbor does the facebook warren county lost dogs and cats - and she needs more information - where found and facebook link......
Thanks

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '18

Oh that is so sad, poor baby. I am glad she is safe now. Maybe if she is elderly or sick, she was dumped?

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Aug '18

Geez louise, that's so sickening. Poor poor thing.

@4catmom, I emailed the link. Let me know if you don't get it

Denis Denis
Aug '18

Thanks - it says the owner was found...................

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '18

Yes i just saw that. Glad someone helped. Reminds me of a dog I had years ago.

Denis Denis
Aug '18

poor thing needs a Vet's care immediately!!

Hackresident Hackresident
Aug '18

aww poor thing !

Waldo's mom Waldo's mom
Aug '18

Did someone say they found the owner? I can't find this particular post on Facebook.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Aug '18

I'd suggest caution if the owner of this dog has been found. Normally that would be great news. However, what matters is the welfare of the animal. Given the condition of the dog in the picture, it appears she hasn't been well cared for. If the dog was dumped she might end up in worse shape if the owner takes her back.

Don't return this poor dog to the owner..

Blue
Aug '18

Maybe the owner loves his dog. As is quite evident from this forum, dogs escape. Did I miss proof that the owner abused the dog? Or is it assumed he dumped the dog on the road?

maja2 maja2
Aug '18

maja2, my impression that the dog has been neglected is due to its disheveled appearance and where it was found. At the very least, animal control should interview the owner before returning the dog.

How do you all know that the dog was not missing for awhile? This could be the reason for the poor appearance. I that is not the case, the ownership of this animal should be re-evaluated.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '18

If the dog was dumped why would the owner bother to pick it up, so he could dump it again. He’d let it remain lost.
The weather has been lousy. All it takes is the dog to go through tall, wet grass to come out a mess.
When the dog goes back to the owner the way it acts will say a lot. If the dog was well treated the dog will be crazy with happiness to be reunited.

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Aug '18

Dogs don't really hold grudges like people do, Nellejoy, so how the dog behaves when it gets reunited isn't going to be much of an indicator. I do agree with how little it takes for a dog to come home a mess.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Aug '18

No, Dogs can be resilient and don’t hold grudges in the sense that humans do, but I walk dogs and you can tell in their body language how they feel about a situation or if they’ve been abused or mistreated. Body language in both animals and humans tells us a lot. And hopefully, a few things were checked before the dog was just handed over and that it was just reunited with its loving person.

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Aug '18

This could very well be the dog I posted about who looked lost in the Bells Lane area a few weeks ago when it had a lot more energy and was cleaner (I thought it was a Bishon or Lhasa). We tried very hard to catch it, but the dog was full of energy then and took off and we couldn't find it. It could be that the dog ran away or escaped to begin with. I'd hate to jump to conclusions about the owner. They may have been looking for the dog all this time for all we know.

SquirrelGirl SquirrelGirl
Aug '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.