Essential Oils

Does anyone have experience with essential oils? Particularly the best brands and the best uses? I know about Young Living essential oils, but they seem to be expensive. I would like to be familiar with them before I spend the money. I am interested in using them to make body mist/natural cleaners. Also does anyone know the difference between essential and infused oil?

Biologist1 Biologist1
Aug '18

We use Rocky Mountain Oils and have been pleased.

https://www.rockymountainoils.com/

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
Aug '18

Interesting article on essential oils.

https://www.kidnurse.org/why-essential-oils-arent-natural/

Be careful buying essential oils. Plenty of companies are just out to get you involved in a pyramid scheme.

Educate yourself: https://youtu.be/VVUUbEw_Pm8

Anti MLM Anti MLM
Aug '18

Had good experience with Empire Health on Mountain Ave. They are very knowledgeable and have a great assortment.

Beachwood - you order online:
https://www.beachwoodessentials.com

be careful with essential oils if you have pets: https://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/blog/essential-oils-cats/

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '18

I have been using Young Living oils since March of this year and absolutely love them. We diffuse them and apply them topically. I now make our own hand soap, facial cleanser, facial moisturizer, body lotion, cleaner, etc. They have helped us with seasonal relief, skin issues, sunburn, sleep, etc. 4catmom: Young Living makes a special line of oils formulated just for pets.
Brand absolutely matters and there is a reason I chose YL over other brands. Did you know that the labeling laws are such that a bottle of essential oils at the store that claims to be organic or therapeutic grade may only contain 5% pure essential oil? That means that 95% of that bottle may be synthetic fillers. Not a risk I am willing to take. Please don't hesitate to email me for more information or questions. I do not have a YL business. Just a member who believes in the YL brand and products because of how they have helped myself and my family. They are worth the cost.

YLMember YLMember
Aug '18

Be careful who you trust in this thread. The vultures are out.

Anti MLM Anti MLM
Aug '18

Doterra is also a good brand of essential oils. You can follow Essential Oil Vet - Janet Roark, DVM on Facebook for information regarding the use of essential oils and cats, dogs, horses, etc.

Mrs. Resident Mrs. Resident
Aug '18

Anti MLM, I am guessing you are referring to me. I can assure you, I don't have a YL business and haven't made a dime. I only use the oils personally for myself and my family. I do have friends who have very successful at home businesses who wotk very hard at what they do. Sorry you have obviously had such a bad experience with an MLM business at some point, but just because you have had a poor experience doesn't mean the products others use are bad.

YLMember YLMember
Aug '18

hi, Biologist. I can recommend an essential oils brand that I have been using for over 15-20 years! It is called "Aura Cacia" brand, and they are almost ALWAYS on sale B1G1 at "Puritan Pride" vitamin co. (www.Puritan.com)- if you want to split the order with me and try them out, please contact me- BTW- I was the lady who bought your nice jewelry box!

Puritan.com-
https://www.puritan.com/auracacia

PS Like you said, Young Living company has wonderful oils but they are on the top end of standard pricing- do definitely read up on them also before using them- do not ingest any oils!

Give me a break. Your previous post is literally an advertisement.

Anti MLM Anti MLM
Aug '18

Yes, it is....for the oils. I did a lot of research before choosing Young Living versus all the other brands out there. The individual who originally posted asked specifically about essential oils. They stated they know some about YL and that they seem expensive. I agree, they are pricier than other oils, but there are reasons I personally feel they are better. I also became a member to get the 24% discount. So, let's say someone asks what deodorant I use. I shouldn't share with them which brand I use because it's an advertisement for that company? I didn't ask them to make a purchase or sign up. LOL. CHILL OUT!!! Haha! There are more important things to get all worked up about than MLMs :)

YLMember YLMember
Aug '18

I like how you just casually slipped “members get a 24% discount” in to your response. Don’t be fooled.

Anti MLM Anti MLM
Aug '18

Our family got caught up in an MLM way back in the 70s - it was a disaster. Trying to sell soap and more importantly - distributorships - to friends and family! Now I know some folks involved in distributing these essential oils and they sure seem to be MLMs. Plus the scripts sound all too familiar.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Aug '18

Shop local - Hackettstown Health Foods

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Aug '18

Please people, don’t ask opinions or referrals for experiences with a doctor, dentist, therapist, plumber, landscaper, exterminator, contractor or product. You will probably get accused of getting a kickback from whomever u recommended.

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Aug '18

There is a significant difference between a medical professional and a pyramid scheme. Get real.

Anti MLM Anti MLM
Aug '18

Nellejoy, LOL!
AntiMLM, guess what? There are doctors and other medical professionals who actually use essential oils and prescribe them for their patients...shocking, I know! And by the way, did you actually have any useful info to add to the thread regarding essential oils, or are you only here to bash MLMs because they have left such a bad taste in your mouth? I mentioned the savings with YL because myself, like many others also feel they are pricey. At least by becoming a member I can get a discount.

YLMember YLMember
Aug '18

I’m here to protect people from vultures like you.

Anti MLM Anti MLM
Aug '18

You failed to mention what is required as a member in order to get that 24% discount...Pros and CONS....just saying.

https://www.youngliving.com/vo/#/signup/new-start

countryside
Aug '18

All you have to do is buy the premium starter kit. You get oils and a diffuser. If all were sold separately it would cost far more. You NEVER have to buy another thing from them. You don’t have to buy products and then try to unload them. I have a friend who bought the kit but lost her job and didn’t buy any more. There are no dues, no membership fees, no minimum purchase every month. Just the initial starter kit. And if u check out the above link that pertains to what u can get if u do this as a business, (not much different than Avon or Tupperware, etc.) or if u happen to tell someone about the benefits u got from using the oils and they chose to become a member.
You have to sell a ton to qualify for entice to benefits around the world (again not a requirement And the last item on that list is Essential rewards. Yes, you have to spend $50 a month on your order but u t rewarded with points usually equal to what u spend that can be used toward future orders. (Not much different than the rewards points that the credit cards offer. You don’t have to do ER orders if u choose not to ( u will still get 24% off) and again u don’t have to order every month or ever again.
More people should be informed about what they comment on before making assumptions.

If I ever to stop buying my oils I just stop and I’ve neither lost nor gained anything except maybe better health.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong in not believing in something but don’t try to stop other people from looking into and trying new things. If u r a smart person u do your research and make an informed decision. That’s what I always do. I don’t just go by what someone says either negative or positive. I also don’t answer or comment on something unless I absolutely Know what I’m talking about or had experience with it

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Aug '18

Nellejoy, exactly what I was going to say...if you want to try the oils, then you buy the kit. That's it. No further obligations. If you don't want the kit, but just want to try one single oil, then you pay retail and don't become a member. So simple, but some people just want to speak negatively about things they know nothing about.

YLMember YLMember
Aug '18

Again, it was just stated if you "become a member you get 24% discount". Period.

Why would it matter if your friend lost their job or not if all she had to do was buy a starter kit?

Anyway, IMO.

countryside
Aug '18

Briefly looking on the internet and the first thing that pops up is this:

https://keepthetailwagging.com/how-to-terminate-a-young-living-membership/

A million other links that pretty much state the same.

countryside
Aug '18

I use Young Living Oils. I bought the starter kit and have used most of the oils in it. I only buy what I want or need. I became part of it for the wholesale discount, not to sell it. I mostly buy in the pet line, it has definitely helped my dog thru some bad storms. I would suggest if you are interested in Young Living or DoTerra, find someone that is part of that company and attend a 101 oil class. Learn about them. I got Young Living oils because they guarantee the quality unlike Amazon or some drug store and they own their own farms and have over 20 years of research and experience. To each their own with oils but I feel safe using these oils on myself and my dogs. And like the OP said they think they are expensive but you're only using a few drops of each and their cleaner I can get 29 -16oz bottles out of it, so they last a long time.

I think that we still have some Zif and LC in our basement...anyone interested in a distributorship? If you sign up three distributors, you can be an area coordinator, come on don't let this chance at being your own boss pass you by!You'll make as much money as you are willing to work hard! You might even get invited to the regional director's mansion for dinner!

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Aug '18

I find this short video is spot on as it explains essential oils.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Ecmciv9zI

I’m glad to see that people are seeing through this nonsense.

Anti MLM Anti MLM
Aug '18

This is my last post on the subject. I couldn’t care less if someone uses YL or any essential oils for that matter. I don’t sell it or want to and I don’t normally go around talking about it to people unless someone specifically asks.

What really bothers me is that I can tell by the negative posts that they have no idea what they are talking about. They take something they read on the internet and say it’s gospel at least as long as what it says may prove THEIR point. Just take the time to Learn about what u talk about and make an informed decision. I never respond to someone unless I know the facts both negative and positive. I only give an opinion if I have the experience to back it up.

Yes, oils can be harmful to some animals if used incorrectly. Cats u have to be careful not to use SOME oils but not all. The holistic vet at my vets office uses YL sand I don’t think they took her into the practice to harm or kill their patients. Yes, some hot oils do burn. That’s why they instruct you to mix it with a carrier oil like olive or coconut oil. How many of you that are pointing these things out know the facts. You have to be just as educated as when you use prescription drugs which by the way are soooooo over priced so the drug companies can make such a HUGE PROFIT that most people without insurance that covers what they need can afford the drugs they need. And what about the doctors who push the drugs that the salesmen u see in the office all the time are bringing to them. By prescribing all these drugs that half the time they no nothing about is making the drug companies rich.
EVERYONE has a right to their opinion but don’t try to prove that what they believe in is scams and lies. I don’t try to change those people’s minds who believe that every word that comes out of some politicians mouths are all the holy gospel!!

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Aug '18

Agreed, Nellejoy...
AntiMLM, I'm pretty sure you're just a troll who has nothing better to do with your time than to stir things up. Talk about being a "vulture". Keep up the good work. I'm sure I'll "see" you on other threads as AntiEverythingandAnything. Too bad you can't see past your skepticism. Maybe if you could, you'd experience some joy in your life :)

YLMember YLMember
Aug '18

Not once did I comment on the efficacy of the oils. I simply pointed out that Young Living is a pyramid scheme. There is no debating that.

Anti MLM Anti MLM
Aug '18

Advertising is for the classified section.

positive positive
Aug '18

Positive, I didn't see anyone posting links to their business on this thread did you?

YLMember YLMember
Aug '18

You literally admitted to advertising in the fifteenth comment in this thread. Get a grip.

Anti MLM Anti MLM
Aug '18

Yes, for the oils in general, but did you see me posting a website, or a link to a business page? No. That's because I don't have a Young Living business to promote. And, you actually counted the number of posts? LOL. Get a life.

YLMember YLMember
Aug '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.