Romans pizza/Brunos pizza

What happened to Romans pizza? Closed.

Golden rule Golden rule
Aug '18

I think you answered your own question. They are closed.

They are moving to Blairstown. I saw it on a Blairstown Facebook page

Too bad they didn't it make in Hastings . Not the very best pizza in the area , but you couldn't beat a dollar a slice and the very friendly people working there .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Aug '18

We will miss you Roman's!

Heyitsme Heyitsme
Aug '18

Dammit that's where we usually get our pizza from. They had a good deal for 2 plain pies.

Metsman Metsman
Aug '18

That's a shame. We used to get pizza there all the time when we lived in Hastings. They did have good deals and nice people, but the place was always empty.

Tracy Tracy
Aug '18

I just saw yesterday that this is coming to Blairstown. It'll be literally in front of the longest standing pizza joint we currently have. What do they have besides pizza, as the name says "and grill"?

Lori...Since '73 Lori...Since '73
Aug '18

Always wanted to stop by and grab a pie to go but never did...

John and Jimmy are great guys! We live in Hastings and went there often. Bummed they moved! :-(

BOB AMARANT BOB AMARANT
Aug '18

Was that the pizza place in the old Hackettstown mall?

Bug3
Aug '18

Where in Blairstown? Their FB page say across from the graveyard near Tractoe Supply, by Dominick’s has been there for years. Can’t imagine a pizza place going next to a pizza place.

btownguy btownguy
Aug '18

Bug3, you may be thinking of Mama's. However that was many moons ago!!

BusinessGuy1984
Aug '18

Yes, Roman's pizza was inside the Hackettstown mall.
Mama's was outside the mall, actually in another building.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Aug '18

Very sad to hear! Great people and 2 pizza deal!

D's 4
Aug '18

Thanks for the correction Reggie!

BusinessGuy1984
Aug '18

Bug3, yes, Roman Pizza was once located in the old Hackettstown mall. Prior to that they were in the Rickaway mall where Friendly's is now.

Romans Pizza was in the Hastings Square Development Strip Mall across from the UPS Store.

BOB AMARANT BOB AMARANT
Aug '18

btownguy, yup, by Dominick's. The place was most recently Damn Good Chicken

Lori...Since '73 Lori...Since '73
Aug '18

There's a new pizzeria (Bruno's) right next to the former Roman location. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I met the owners - they are local to H'town and they seem to have quite a bit of experience in the pizza business.

I wish them well, but also would like to know how their pizza stacks up against other places in the area.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Apr '19

That was some damned good chicken.

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
Apr '19

When did Bruno's open?

happiest girl
Apr '19

The one in the Hackettstown Mall was Roman Delight!

beeznuts beeznuts
Apr '19

Anyone eat here yet? Just wondering.

Pizza Man Pizza Man
Apr '19

Bruno’s is now opened just picked up a menu but did not try the pizza yet. It looks good though and reasonably priced.

Pizza man Pizza man
Apr '19

Picked up 2 large pies one with sausage which was crumbled all over the pie & a large plain pie with extra sauce & well done. Both were excellent. I work at Heath Village & everyone there loved the pizzas, sandwiches & the calzones. I strongly recommend this new business to the neighborhood.

Pizza Man Pizza Man
Apr '19

Awesome - great to know!

We may or may not have had their pizza three times already. Lol... It's delicious!! Just to compare what style pizza we like around town... Sonny's is one of our favorite spots. Brunos will probably be out new go to place being that it's so close to our home, they're so friendly, and their pizza gets a 10 for price. Wishing them lots of luck!

If you ever been to the pizza place at the rockaway mall food court it’s the same owners/food. They opened at Hastings after they left the P’burg mall

Booster90 Booster90
Apr '19

Bruno's was located in the Stryker's Road Plaza in Lopatcong before he moved to the P'burg Mall. He sure does bounce around quite a bit. No complaints about the pizza, though. I liked his "bruschetta" pie topped with diced tomatoes, red onion and basil.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '19

Had stuffed shells at Bruno's last night.. it was delicious! The owner was so accommodating about how I wanted it prepared. Came with salad and bread. We needed a place that makes good Italian food. Pizza looked good. Will try that next time. Should definitely give it a try.

Brooke
Apr '19

Went to Bruno's again this week. Got mozarella sticks that were the best I have ever
had. The pizza was delicious too. Friendly staff, and good quality food.

Brooke
May '19

My family tried Bruno's on Saturday night and the food was delicious. Everything made fresh to order, piping hot, and generously served. The family was lovely and hard working. Glad to have another family owned business in the area. We didn't try the pizza, but looking forward to that next time.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '19

What's the inside like?

happiest girl
Jun '19

It's not fancy, but they have tables set up so you can dine in if you wish. Traditional "pizzeria" booths and some regular tables with chairs. Looks like they might have had some tables outside in the back too. It's not located where Roman was, but where the Mediterranean place was (next to the Chinese place).

Tracy Tracy
Jun '19

Went to Bruno's again this week. The pizza is the best! Tried a chicken parm sandwich too. The bread was real Italian with tender chicken fresh cheese and great sauce. Owners are friendly and aim to please. Great food!!

Brooke
Jun '19

Unfortunately there delivery service is horrendous... Haven't had a good experience out of 3 deliveries. Unfortunately that'll be our last. Food isn't bad. They never send the drover with change. Puts you in a bad spot giving bigger tip than expected. Last delivery was a couple of items but they laid all the stuff on top of the Sicilian pizza we ordered and the cardboard became one with the cheese and of course they didnt have change. Just to many mistakes... If there still there in a year we will try again.

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
Jun '19

So far we had the stuffed shells and the baked ziti. There were 5 stuffed shells, a bigger portion than most places, but not as tasty as we've had in other restaurants. The baked ziti had a really nice flavor, but it really wasn't *baked* --- it was very lightly sauced ziti on a plate with mozzerella melted on top....... which in fact hardened pretty soon. I wish places would serve baked ziti (as well as eggplant parmisian) the correct way ...... in the metal serving dish, actually baked in an oven.
So delicious that way, juicy and cheesy and stays hot so the cheese stays melted.
The salad that accompanied the meals was generous and very fresh and nicely presented in a large white bowl.
We'll try the pizza next as we were not really thrilled with the meals.

happiest girl
Jun '19

We've ordered delivery from there and never had an issue. The pizza and sandwiches are always great. The cheese is actual real mozzarella, not that cheap stuff that ends up looking like plastic poured over the pie. It actually strings when you pull the slice away. We usually pick upon the way home when we've been out for the day but the kid the delivers is actually the owner's son. He's always very polite and friendly too, just like his parents. They are always happy to see us when we come in and are very welcoming.

Sirya
Jun '19

I stopped in for a couple of slices. I thought they were very good. Crispy crust, gooey cheese, great taste. I hope they stick around for a long time :)

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Jun '19

We got takeout last night. They have a pick up special, two parm or classic pasta dinners for $19.95. Comes with salad and bread. We got one veal parm and one chicken parm. Very generous portions, and agree about the cheese, mentioned above.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '19

Ordered Bruno's delivery tonight. Bruno's special pie and calamari. Arrived nice and hot. Very generous portion of calamari and also same for the toppings on the pizza. I am so glad to have this place in town!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Jul '19

We’ve had Bruno’s for the past 2 weeks for “pizza night” and have loved the pies both times. Crispy crust and generous toppings:)

Blackcat Blackcat
Jul '19

Wanted to give a shout out to Bruno's - just enjoyed an excellent greek salad with chicken & the owners were very nice. Looking forward to trying entree's there one night soon!

@luca I've had their antipasto salad and their shrimp salad and they're spot on ever single time! Bruno's is pizza is fantastic and the sandwich I had was quite delicious. Going to try a cheesesteak next. Oh and their garlic knots are great!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Dec '20

We like Bruno's a lot. As Luca said, the owners are very nice.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Dec '20

Are the owners//workers at Bruno's wearing masks? I had to abandon my usual pizza place because some of the workers including a cook I could see were not wearing masks.

happiest girl
Dec '20

Yes, most definitely in the front of the house & I peeked into the kitchen & the guy making my chicken had a mask on.

They are amazingly appreciative people there!! The food is out of this world! Everything is homemade (gotta try the homemade cannelloni on Saturday night) and always fresh... The pizza is delicious and they are very accommodating if you want to make any changes to your dish. It's a small place, but very clean and always busy with takeout. If you haven't tried their dinners, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Their prices are very reasonable and portion sizes are generous. Bread, salad and taxes are included in the price. Give it a try...you won't be disappointed!

Dog Mom Dog Mom
Dec '20

I tried Bruno' s based on the great reviews, the dinners that my wife and I had were delicious. Will be trying the pizza this week.

After the 2019 flurry of positives we tried the Chicken Parmigiana and found it “satisfactory.” Sort of like HG’s earlier review. Like the recent round of reviews, portions, sides, all generous, all good quality imo; people very nice and a fraction, I mean it, a fraction of the price of competition. It’s our good value place to go for entrees, just wish they could find some spices.

Haven’t tried the za; after hearing you guys, will give it a spin.

How do they do on contactless?

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Dec '20

I haven’t tried this pizza place yet but based on these great reviews I’m going to try it out! Anyone else have a particular dish that’s a must try first?

Hktmom5
Dec '20

SD - as far as price of competition, check out Terranova.

happiest girl
Dec '20

Hktmom5, I like the gnocchi with creamy pesto.

Tracy Tracy
Dec '20

Hktmom5 I tried there pizza yesterday based on every ones comments. Was very cheesy and a good sauce but I really didn't like the crust at all very bland. I am a Gabby's fan going to stick with them for pizza and their dishes are pretty good that I have had

Jimt1058
Dec '20

Thanks for the recommendation Tracy! I tried this dish and it was so good! We also got 2 pizzas one plain and one pepperoni was also very good. We will be back for sure!

Hktmom5
Dec '20

Glad you enjoyed! Happy holidays!

Tracy Tracy
Dec '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.