Fireworks for Sale

Just lately seeing displays of fireworks for sale at local retailers. Anyone know more about this?

Looks like sparklers and non-aerial fireworks were made legal last year, but I don't remember seeing them in stores since I was a kid and we would buy sparklers at the Jigger Shoppe.

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/verona-slash-cedar-grove/articles/understanding-the-change-in-nj-fireworks-law-9

hktownie hktownie
Jun '18

Target, Costco, Walmart all have them. Just the low level sparkler, non-ariel and explosive stuff. Go to PA for the better fireworks.

if you go to PA to stock up, just don't come back over to NJ via major roads/highways. NJSP, if they haven't already started, will be doing their annual 4th of July crackdown on people bringing fireworks back into the state.

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Jun '18

Many ways to circumvent the law. It's funny that PA residents can't purchase but NY/NJ can. I suppose when we legalize weed it will pretty much work the same way. NY/PA will come to buy and NY/PA can spend the dollars to enforce it, LOL!

I've managed to import fireworks easy peasy for the last 10 years.

They were sold in stores last summer in NJ.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Jun '18

Thanks Mommyof3. Guess I didn't see them last year. This year they big displays sitting right in the aisles, at least at Target and Weis.

I like putting sparklers on a birthday cake, happy to be able to get them.

hktownie hktownie
Jun '18

Everyone wants a piece of tje action......even Weis has an indoor display.

Waterslideguy Waterslideguy
Jun '18

PA legalized all fireworks. So yeh if you live there you can now actually purchase whatever you want. And as far as I could tell law enforcment are not yet on the crackdown kick.

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
Jun '18

With PA's legalization, also came a 12% "luxury" tax. So you have their 6% sales tax, then 12% on that total.

Since safe and sane fireworks are now legal in NJ, it may be more difficult for NJSP to watch the border and pull you over, as there is a chance they will be pulling over who just purchased legal fireworks.

craftbeerlover craftbeerlover
Jun '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.