Affordable Eye Exam

Hi,

I don't have vision insurance. Looking for a good eye exam. Went to Sterling at Mall and it was horrible. I've been to a doctor in Chester but he wants $150. Anyone been somewhere recently that could recommend the doctor and considered it an affordable price?

I've not personally been myself, but many friends and family members as well go to the doctor(s) in Walmart and rave about the services and price. They are not employed by Walmart, just rent the space. No one has anything negative to say about them.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Jun '18

Sams and Costco have to give you access to their optometrist department even if you’re not a member

http://www.wisebread.com/7-things-non-members-can-get-at-costco-including-cheap-eye-exams

Skippy Skippy
Jun '18

I got specs for computer from Walmart , great results and the price as well.

steven steven
Jun '18

Had a very good exam and excellent, fashionable glasses from BJ's - extremely affordable.

rleaf rleaf
Jun '18

I am looking the name of a good doctor, not necessarily what chain to go to.

I do not have vision insurance either. Went to the Dr. Inside Manhire Opticians.very reasonable cost. She was excellent. Explained everything in "lay men's term" highly recommend .

Vicinity Vicinity
Jun '18

Vicinity, did you then need glasses and, if so, where did you get them. I am going to be examined by this doctor as well but don't know best place for glasses - no vision insurance either.

justwondering justwondering
Jun '18

Walmart has doctors as well..

steven steven
Jun '18

The Costco in Wharton has a very good Dr. I forget her name but she is excellent.

I went to Americas Best Vision center, they are out in Bethlehem PA, because I work out in that area. I would stay away from that national chain, they try to sell you very expensive glasses and the exam was somewhat lacking. After I got the eye exam for $40 there, I took the script and went to Walmart in Mansfield to get a good reasonably priced pair of glasses.

I should have went to Walmart to begin with, was exactly what I needed for low cost.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Jun '18

Very satisfied with Walmart in Mansfield and Flanders! Visit is less then $100!

goldenretriever4 goldenretriever4
Jun '18

I went to BJ's in Ledgewood and was very very happy with the exam and service that I received. I had gone to a local eye doctor for years and decided to go to BJ's for a routine eye exam because it was reasonably priced and close to work (fit my schedule better). After my exam, I expressed my concern for having issues with my contacts shifting and becoming blurry after a short time of wearing them. I was given three different contact trial packs to try and a free follow up exam one week later to discuss my results with the different contacts to see which worked best for me. Was very happy with the professionalism, prices, and care they provided.

WashingtonTsp
Jun '18

Hi Lou,

I own Visual Eyes Optical in Byram and we are currently running a special $69.00 for an eye exam (does not include contact lens evaluation) Dr. Julia Berry is our optometrist and she is amazing. 973-691-0700

colleen26 colleen26
Jun '18

Hi, America's Best in Princeton
First eye exam is 65

Then go on "Goggles 4u.com", frames are free; lenses cost maybe $20-25.

I also am a student and had to go this route, you will be very pleased with the results.
make sure they measure the distance between your eyes, you will need that for the glasses.

sorry, correction, 45, not 65

Another vote for Walmart.

Consigliere
Jun '18

I purchased my glasses at Manhires. They are highly trained professional people. The glasses are made on the premises. Very helpful in picking out the right frames and accommodating my budget.

Vicinity Vicinity
Jun '18

another vote for Manhires. They are great! I saw Dr. Susan and she takes the time to do a thorough exam. My glasses were perfect and not expensive!

spring
Jun '18

I tried to save money by going to Walmart and ended up with a pair of glasses that were too strong. Still couldn't see properly. Went to a cheaper place for an exam in Ledgewood and came home with pink eye. So this year I went to Susan Freed Gilvey upstairs at Manhires and I couldn't be happier.
She did a great job, was very clean, super friendly and explained everything to me. The best part was she wasn't that much more than the "cheaper" ones and my vision is perfect. I cannot praise her enough and when I think of how much money I wasted on trying to save a few dollars.... well, needless to say, I'm planning on going back to Susan again.
As for Manhires, they are amazing!!

Great in the Meadows Great in the Meadows
Jun '18

You can use medical insurance if you go to an ophthalmologist.

Tweety Tweety
Jun '18

If you can wait until the end of July through the end of August, many places have back to school/family specials for eye exams.

Living life boldly.. Living life boldly..
Jun '18

Visual Eyes Optical always has specials on eye exams and eyeglasses.

colleen26 colleen26
Jun '18

I always go to the Walmart in the ITC! They're great and affordable :)

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.