Single Seat Car

Holy crap! Can you imagine driving this thing on 80, 287 or 78? Talk about a death wish.

http://canada.autonews.com/article/20180509/CANADA/180509776/electra-meccanicas-single-seat-solo-ev-gets-u-s-certification?cciid=email-autonewscanada-daily

Calico696 Calico696
1 week ago

It's just a Can-Am with an extra large fairing (-;

ianimal ianimal
1 week ago

Not sure I really "get" the whole three wheeled car thing.

Some (like the Polaris Slingshot) are just as wide as a regular car in front. This one is not much, if any, thinner than a Smart Car, so it isn't like getting rid of a rear wheel means they'll fit somewhere that a four-wheeled vehicle won't.

I DO understand three wheel motorcycles, if someone likes "riding" but maybe has a physical disability that prevents them from properly balancing or controlling a motorcycle at slow/stopped speeds.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
1 week ago

"Some (like the Polaris Slingshot) are just as wide as a regular car in front. This one is not much, if any, thinner than a Smart Car, so it isn't like getting rid of a rear wheel means they'll fit somewhere that a four-wheeled vehicle won't."

You lose a decent amount of weight by losing a wheel and the whole rear axle assembly, no? That's about the only advantage I can think of.

ianimal ianimal
1 week ago

Good news, if you die in a crash, you don't need to pay for a coffin, they just bury you in the car.

alpha1beta alpha1beta
1 week ago

If you die in a car crash in that thing, they'll bury you in a bunch of ziploc bags.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
1 week ago

You mean the fire department will wash you off the roadway - fixed that for you

So, is it a belt-driven rear-wheel drive or a FWD trans-axle? I'm thinking it HAS to be FWD, right?

ianimal ianimal
1 week ago

Or chain drive

I would imagine the three wheeled vehicle will have a much tighter turning radius than a four wheeled vehicle. This looks like something that would be useful in a city environment where parking is tight, speeds are fairly slow, and distance isn't an issue.

Boobalaa Boobalaa
1 week ago

Most EV's don't have a trans-axle...the motors directly power the wheels.

In this case the motor is mounted in the back and it is belt drive to the rear wheel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6gKYLYfe6A

3 wheels mean motorcycle and DOT requirements are much less than a car. It is a much easier way to get to market...

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Single Seat Car
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.