Dermatologist Recommendations

Has anyone had any experience with Dr.Jay Geller? Or can anyone recommend a good dermatologist in the area? Thank you in advance for any help with this.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Apr '18

Stay away from Dr Gellers office.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Apr '18

I get my once a year checkup with the Dermatology Group in Flanders. Nice doctors.

Consigliere
Apr '18

If you do a Forum Search for Geller, you will see quite a few comments.

Me and my mother as well as other friends on HL go to Dr Andrew Li. Unfortunately he no longer has an office in Hackettstown so you would have to go to Phillipsburg instead.

That Forum Search will give you opinions of several local alternatives to Geller as well.

Natural Image Skin Care on Bilby Rd

908-509-1938

sheryl sheryl
Apr '18

I fully realize Dr. Geller is "aggressive" with treatment however I can honestly say he saved my life. A rare form of skin cancer went mis diagnosed by two other dermatologists but Dr. Geller in conjunction with the Mayo Clinic correctly diagnosed and treated my condition. I will always be grateful to him and his staff.

Evergreen'69 Evergreen'69
Apr '18

Dr Brittany mallardi
Love her

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Apr '18

Dr. Carla Errickson at Hunterdon Center for Dermatology.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '18

Natural Image Skin Care. The doctors and the NP's are all wonderful!

Terri P
Apr '18

LOVE Dr. Lauren Cooper. Been a patient for years. She has offices in Morristown and Succasunna. My children see her too. She is very cautious in her approach, but not aggressive. She is not one to cut out everything she sees on you. Prior to my pre-teen child seeing Dr. Cooper, he did see Dr. Geller. At Dr. Geller's office he was given an RX for acne medication that had a laundry list of side effects, including suicidal tendencies. Uhm...no thanks. Low and behold, his acne cleared up with an organic face wash and elimination of dairy. NO medicine was needed. Thankfully, I listened to my gut and sought a better solution than the medicine prescribed...Just my experience....

LadySkiDog LadySkiDog
Apr '18

Dr. Mark Popkin and his partner ( Wife ), Rhonda Schneider, on James Street in Morristown. He teaches at the N.Y.City Hospitals.
Easy to get to, and plenty of easy parking. I / we, take the slow scenic route. 24 to Mendham, then right on Tempe Wick rd. Cross over 287 then at light at the church, take a left at the light....then a left onto James Street. Dr. Office Medical Center, is on the left.

Embryodad Embryodad
Apr '18

Highly recommend DR. STEPHEN NERVI
Natural Image Skin Care in Hackettstown
I have been going to him for a few years. Great doctor and makes you feel very comfortable.

Ms. Brittany Mallardi is a physician's assistant, H-town mama. Not a dermatologist (or doctor of any kind).

I like Dr. Rachel Farley-Loftus in Short Hills.

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '18

Thank you everyone for the recommendations. I now have.an idea where to start.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Apr '18

Stay away from Dr. Geller. They call him the butcher. He removed 150 miles/freckles off my body and only a few were pre-cancerous.

Route 46 Commuter
Apr '18

Stay away from steven Nervi

Debbie11 Debbie11
Apr '18

Ditto on Dr. Nervi...great bedside manner.

Geller...stay away. Took off as many moles as he could. I had another Dr. in Morristown later tell me to stay away from Geller. Part of the reason he takes so many off is that he performs his own lab work so he actually gets paid for every specimen he removes, unlike many doctors who send specimens to a lab.

eperot eperot
Apr '18

Yup....same thing happened to me @ Dr Geller's office. I knew what was suspicious looking and wanted to have it checked. Dr. Geller convinced me 5 other areas look suspicious.I've got lots of moles so he had lots to choose from. All biopsies were fine....except the one I originally pointed out to him. That one was pre cancerous. He does his own pathology, as well, a little conflict of interest, regarding"results" , the way i see it. I've been told (after the fact), that he is indeed called "the butcher" and "a cutter". Now I know why. "Greed is good. Greed works"---Gordon Gecko

G-remnant G-remnant
Apr '18

I have never met anyone who had a good experience with Lauren Cooper, myself included. It is a money making racket at the Succasunna offices. I paid to have something removed from my lip...it never was removed, after many procedures with another of the Doctors I then went to Dr. Rocca at Natural Image and in one session at a cost of $150, Dr. Rocca removed the blister from my lip. Dr. Cooper is rude and arrogant. One visit with her was enough.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Apr '18

Nervi's office on Bibly - amazing practice

Queen Bee
Apr '18

Agree- Nervi...........and Rocca

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '18

Hey, it depends on what are you interested in. I don't think that Geller is a good option for you. When I had problems with moles he said that everything is fine no need to worry, they are gonna pass by themselves. After few days I went to another doctor, he said that I have to treat them and told me to buy that ointment https://www.wartremover.net/wartrol/ that it is gonna treat the moles and everything is going to be fine with me and he was right, moles are gone. Geller lied to me.

Deontey Deontey
Aug '19

I recently had a precancerous skin liason removed by Dr. Rocca and I liked her very much. She was very thorough and had the results back to me promptly after the removal. My husband went to Dr. Nervi who is also there at Natural Image on Bilby Road in Hackettstown and had a full body check and several precancerous removals done already and has another follow up appointment with him next week as one showed a need to have further surgery. When they do find one like this...they call and explain what is next in full detail over the phone so you understand what is involved and how to prepare.. They are very High Tech there and local...We, obviously are pleased with them and glad that we have dermatologists of this calibre right here in Hackettstown..

joyful joyful
Aug '19

I agree with Joyful...I just had a procedure by Dr. Rocca as well, and they were excellent! Will not go anywhere else.

Abc123
Aug '19

Ditto Drs. Rocca and Nervi

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '19

Our family will join the chorus for Drs. Rocca and Nervi - we have gone to their assistants for follow ups as well and were pleased.

rleaf rleaf
Aug '19

I see the past recommendations. I am wondering if there are any updates to those Doctors already recommended. Thank you.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Jul '21

Hunterdon was a bunch of crackpots for me, Calico.
She used a UTILITY RAZOR KNIFE (!) to cut off a mole on my body.

I could not believe it. Felt like I was back in the turn of the century or something.
Plus, kept me waiting for her for over ONE HOUR.

Never again. I am sorry but read the reviews on their practice online. Crazy place.
Stay away!

Dr Rocca at Natural Image recommend 100%!

and Nervi

4catmom 4catmom
Jul '21

Hi, looking for more recent recommendations for local dermatologists? Thank you!

same recommendation

4catmom 4catmom
Nov '21

The doctors are ok. But the office staff, in particular the office manager are terrible. Rude, inconsiderate and incompetent. Wish I knew who I could file a formal complaint with

Philliesman Philliesman
Nov '21

At 56 years old, I went to a dermatologist for the first time ever last week. Natural Image on Bilby Road. I saw the PA, Cristin Kelly, who was fabulous. Using liquid nitrogen, she removed 4 spots on my face that were pre-cancerous. I did have to wait 35 minutes past my scheduled appt time, but other than that, I was very happy with all the staff, especially Cristin. I'd highly recommend Natural Image, and went there because of all the good reviews in this thread.

Rob Durana Rob Durana
Nov '21

Love Cristin! Have been using her for years, back when she was with another dr. When she switched to Natural Image, my husband and I switched to stay with her. We can’t say enough great things about her and have recommended her to several of our friends.

Ziggy Ziggy
Nov '21

Please tell me about any experiences with Dr Nervi here in Hackettstown

Bernie Bernie
Apr '22

He's great - looks carefully - but doesn't go nuts looking for nothings -
We trust him very much ---

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '22

@ Bernie...Dr. Nervi at Natural Image Skin Center has been my husband's dermatologist for a few years now. He is excellent...My husband has a rare skin condition that affects the elderly called Bullos Pemphghoid (sp.) and he has been very thorough helping him to deal with this condition plus others. I have used Dr. Rocco who is there also and she is also very good at what she does.

joyful joyful
Apr '22

The doctors their are good. Unfortunately the office staff are incompetent and rude

Philliesman Philliesman
Apr '22

none of the three of us I know who use this office has had any complaints about the office staff...

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '22

I agree with 4catmom, I thought the office staff was great, not rude at all. Maybe if you're rude with them, they reflect that attitude back. {{{SHRUGS}}}

Rob Durana Rob Durana
Apr '22

I have used both of the doctors and they’re both very good. the staff is wonderful, the problem is they just don’t answer their phone. getting a prompt return phone call is almost impossible

Had Enough Had Enough
Apr '22

I think Dr. Nervi is terrific. Great "bedside" manner, always willing to listen to me and answer questions. Gives me all the options available. I also have found the staff to be friendly, but do agree about the phone. I usually get an answering machine and have to leave a message. But that doesn't outweigh my confidence in Dr. Nervi at all, and I do have a couple of different skin issues.

summerrain1 summerrain1
Apr '22

Dr Carla Erickson in Washington, rt 31. Nice, friendly staff. Great doctor.

Nutcracker Nutcracker
Apr '22

I've called Natural Image (Dr. Rocca's office) three times and have yet to get a call back or a live person. NEXT!

DogDayAfternoon
Oct '22

It’s been 4 years since I recommended them so I’ll say it again: Dermatology Group on 206 in Flanders. Great staff, great doctors

Consigliere
Oct '22

Consigliere, I'll check them out. Thank you.

DogDayAfternoon
Oct '22

That office is no longer there on route 206,I went there for years and loved it. I go to there Morristown office ,Dr.Bilkis retired last year. I go to Dr.Patel and love him…good luck.

Damn, Dam. Is that correct? My last yearly was…well maybe over a year ago. Crap. Time to find a new derm.

Consigliere
Oct '22

No wonder I couldn't find the docs there. Oh well. At this point call backs would be huge. LOL. I'll take a live person answering, anything. ;)

DogDayAfternoon
Oct '22

Yes it’s correct,go on derm group website.

Sorry stay away from Hunterdon Center for Dermatology,
they removed a mole from my breast with a FLAT EDGE RAZOR BLADE!

Hello!
Reading through the latest posts here, but still not sure which one is really good. I am looking for a dermatologist too. I think I used Dermatology Group way way back. Now I get an email from Schweiget Dermatology Group which I think was or bought Dermatology Group. I only say that because I never went to them yet but they got my email address. Any feedback if anyone had used them before? Any other recommendations as choices? Thank you!

HcktwnSoccerMom HcktwnSoccerMom
Feb '23

Three always pleased with Dr.Nervi in H-town

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '23

Dr. Nervi - 100%. Great bedside manner and skills. I'll never go anywhere else. I had basal cell skin cancer removed. Relaxing, calming experience, which I can't remember ever having a a doctor's let alone surgery. Great doc. I felt at ease the whole time.

DogDayAfternoon
Feb '23

Nervi great, office was fantastic too. I would probably try any doctor there, both genders are represented if that matters to you. Had a mole removed, somewhat large, nothing bad, and procedure was a snap. Did a full skin, youthful sun worshipper, feel better now.

Babbit Babbit
Feb '23

Thank you so much! I will make an appointment soon.

Feb '23

Anyone have any issues getting a hold of Dr Nervi's office recently? I tried calling the other day and left a message.No call back. Tried calling again today and got put on hold and have been on hold for over 30 minutes.

For all the great recommendations it sure seems nearly impossible to even get a hold of anyone to try and make an appointment.

htownlocal
Mar '23

I recently just went to Dr.Nervi and got an appointment fairly quickly without any issues (I was being seen for something non serious). Also, when I made the appointment I got through within less than a minute and did not get put on hold. Perhaps, try hanging up next time and calling back instead of waiting 30 minutes on hold. Not making excuses for them but maybe they forgot the line was on hold. Your experience seemed like perhaps maybe a one off situation

Hktmom566 Hktmom566
Mar '23

I’ve been a patient of Dr. Nervi for many years. while I like the doctor and his PAs, the communication with the office is terrible. They don’t return calls and they don’t answer phones.

Hadenough Hadenough
Mar '23

I've been using Dr. Geller for years. I haven't had any issues. I would rather he remove something and nothing be wrong, than have it not removed , and end up in a not so good situation.

Magpie Magpie
Mar '23

That was my experience too. I was returning a call, they left me a voice mail to call them about results of a biopsy, and I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone or call me back when I left a voice mail for my doctor's assistant. It was frustrating and nerve wracking waiting for a response from them.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Mar '23

Hi,
So Dr. Nervi and another doctor in that practice no longer takes my insurance so any other recommendations, Is Dr. Geller also with Dr. Nervi? Thanks!

PS. I waited too long since I posted my question...I kept putting it off ☹️.

Jun '23

Geller is not with Dr. Nervi

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '23

Geller....no. Just no.

BlaBlaBla BlaBlaBla
Jun '23

Stay away from Geller !

Ziggy
Jun '23

Ok so then aside from Dr. Nervi, who else can anyone can recommend since Dr. Nervi does not take my insurance anymore ☹️ Thanks!

Jun '23

HctwnSoccerMom - are you sure? There are a couple of ins. that a PA or two don't accept - but when I asked Dr. Nervi about it - in January he said it didn't pertain to him....

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '23

I can vouch for Carla Errickson in Washington.

Nutcracker Nutcracker
Jun '23

I can vouch for what Ziggy and BlaBlaBla posted.

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Jun '23

4catmom, the receptionist/office manager told me both Drs do not participate anymore with my insurance. She did offer for me to see a PA though. Do you have any PA from that office that is/are good?

Nutcracker/Guilty-Remnant, thank you and will check them out.

Jun '23

I use Alyse Russo at Natural Image and have been very pleased with her

abc123
Jun '23

I had same issue with Nervi. I have Medicare as primary with an HMO as secondary and they would not accept it.

thanks for info

liana liana
Nov '23

We just switched to Popkin and Snyder in Morristown after years at Natural Image. They are great there!

kelleo22 kelleo22
Nov '23

Too bad dermatologists don't have trading cards. I'd have a full collection. Still looking for a good one. I agree with everyone about Jay Geller, however, if you have something you want lopped off, he's you man. Lauren Cooper: Ok, but typical rush in and out dermatologist. Went to her for spider veins on legs, she was ok so went back for another skin cancer screening and she did the typical rush job. Done with her. Nicole Rocca: Went in 2021 for skin cancer screening - she did good and we discussed brown spots on my face. When I asked her about dark upper lip, she said, "It's not too noticeable." (it is to me). I made an appointment to zap brown spots. This time, when I asked about other procedures, she seemed in a hurry and when I asked about the dark upper lip, she said it's a vein (it's not). She did not spend much time zapping and did not get all the crusties at that. My sister recommended Shelby Parrish in Newton. Went this year 2024. Found her to be too gushy and she scriped me for a cream that when I read about decided not to use. She was not interested in talking about laser or micro needling. She just said they are expensive.

Lady of the Lake
May 29th

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Dermatologist Recommendations
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.