New Shop Rite app update issues

Well, another app that should have been left alone. If it's not broken, don't "fix" it!! I can't even download it! Many people are giving it horrible reviews. I am going to shop rite later to investigate the issue with a manager. I had downloaded coupons and now they are gone. Anyone else having issues with this???

Livelifeboldly... Livelifeboldly...
Apr '18

Perhaps the coupons expired.

The Weis app always works

Bug3
Apr '18

I'm sure the manager would love to spend a busy Saturday afternoon helping you figure out an app they have nothing to do with creating instead of running their store.

goodluck
Apr '18

I've had the same problem. It's annoying. I see no problem in asking the store manager. Isn't that what he's being paid for? Customer service?

Ollie Ollie
Apr '18

It has been okay on my Iphone

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '18

Thanks Ollie. I feel the same way....it's their job.

Livelifeboldly... Livelifeboldly...
Apr '18

I had issues with the last updated app and stopped using it when ShopRite said there were issues and they weren't using it. Now I've been weary to download the new version. I plan on using the original version as long as I can.

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Apr '18

My pc version "updated" itself and now is basically useless.

Did they even test the thing before they rolled it out.....

Worse IT department ever.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Apr '18

The very first cut at the new version would not even get to the first screen on my phone. That was true for a good three months and multiple versions. That was when they recalled it and pulled it off the App Store. When they put it back it actually began to run. Not necessarily problems with digital coupons but small things that did not seem to work so well. Then last week it all died. Have been having issues just having it start. When it does start then it dies and will not shut off. Today, at the store, trying to use my Price Plus and it would not get past "loading". It needs to be robust enough not to care if connected or not. But clearly designed so it will not work without a connection. Definitely not for prime time. The older one might not have been as pretty and have features. But it actually worked.

There is probably an option on it somewhere set to use wifi only or something like that..usually that's the default so people don't get hit with a big data charge

Bug3
Apr '18

The old version wouldn't work for me today. Hoping it's only temporary!

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Apr '18

Wifi only doesn't fix anything. It only gives it one less option to work. If it was wifi only and there is no wifi then it's dead. It's dead by design and that's the problem.

The old version stopped working for me yesterday so I had to download the new one.

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '18

Neither the old or the new work for me. I am disappointed.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Apr '18

Exactly my point GC..make sure the app is set to use cellular data

Bug3
Apr '18

Re: New Shop Rite app update issues

You have to change the data saver option

Bug3
Apr '18

Thought it was just me....
I always try to remember to check the digital coupons before heading there. Nothing on the old app. New app says I haven’t completely registered. So i do that and it repeatedly says that I haven’t entered all info- keeps knocking out the state and “home store”.
Jeez- already had issues signing into EZPass this morning and now this....

Blackcat Blackcat
Apr '18

I'm not a big fan of the new app either, but the old one quit working for me as well.

Did anyone ever notice that a 9-slice box of Ellio's is $3 at Shop Rite (and often on sale for $2) but the store brand version of the exact same size is $5? My wife swears the store brand is better and I dont eat either one, but that's the only product I can remember coming across where the store brand costs twice as much as the name brand...

ianimal ianimal
Apr '18

ianimal - WTH is an Italian woman doing eating Ellio's and Shop Rite pizza? My husband eats that crap, but he's a medigan. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '18

"It's for the kids..." (-;

ianimal ianimal
Apr '18

I placed this week's order using the new on line order web-site. It took over an hour to individually type in each selection and complete my order. Hopefully, next week's order will go more quickly being able to start using the "Past Orders" option again. Normally takes me about 30 to 40 minutes
depending on size of the order.
I did have to correct some wrong numbers of items and also had to wait for the correct pricing to appear on a few items. Hopefully the kinks will be ironed out soon. Love the service!

Spring fever Spring fever
Apr '18

Nope, it still sucks, as in broken, and will never be sufficient even if when fixed. Why? Because it's a WAD --- works-as-designed. And the design sucks. It is designed to never produce a simple text grocery list based on point n click selection from the circular.

Screw it; I will roll my own, but point is once I create a universal shopping list, I might as well start shopping at a few stores instead of just Shoprite.

Apr '18

Strangerdanger, we often laugh about my rotation of stores I grocery shop at, now trying to fit Aldi’s into it.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '18

The new app sucks beyond belief!! They tried making me use it months ago and aomehow I was able to download the original app . Not this time .. wth !! I’m beyond pissed the new app has like .5 stars you would think shopwrong would spend some money to make the customers happy .. going to ACME

I tried ordering on the website order and eventually just gave up. They definitely still have a lot of kinks to work out.

I had the same problem with this app.... I went into the shoprite website and changed my password. It worked after that.. hope this helps!

Lilla Lilla
Apr '18

I had emailed SR about issues I was having with the app and not being able to finish signing in even online. They sent me a password to get in and change the password. This is my work around to load the digital coupons since the app still won’t work for me. It’s thebonly thing I would use the app for anyway.

Blackcat Blackcat
May '18

I tried to send an email to them via their "contact" resource - in order to tell them about all the difficulties I encountered when trying to use their online order - the email came back to me "send failed" - ha!

rleaf rleaf
May '18

On line service was more difficult this week than last week! I did finally manage to get my order through but it took lots of maneuvering
on my part. I hope things will improve or they just go back to the old system.

May '18

On the old website I was able to print my selected digital coupon list. I can't figure out how to do it on the new format. I sent and email asking about it and received no response.

Calico696 Calico696
May '18

If I'm not mistaken, the digital coupons were printed right above the picture of the item. I have never used them so didn't bother clicking on anything new since I was having so many problems with just getting the order through.

May '18

Think IF you can get to coupon page AND it recognizes you.......

then you can go to coupon history and I think it prints all coupons ---- hopefully just the available ones (which I think it does now) versus available/used ----> which it used to do (you figure out what you used....).

If you shrink, print two-sided, very good chance you can print to one page.

Frackin Ap still broken; they sent email telling me they are fixing.....however my issue is it's designed NOT to give you a simple text-based grocery list. They took that feature out and their email didn't tell me they were putting it back.

May '18

Call them in Ledgwood. You can get the number from Mansfield ShopRite. I hate hate the new app! Why change something that was working, and just add some new features. Going back and forth in the app sucks. To time consuming. They should of never taken down the other app. On the new app if you notice they shut off the contact button. They got tired from hearing from there customer's. There IT people should be fired worse updated app I have ever used. Back to old school way circle what I want in the flyer. I will be sending additional comments. Tried it the other night, and they changed everything. Not user friendly at all. It just sucks!!!!!!

American born American born
May '18

weird because mine works fine on my iphone - none of the issues - I guess I shouldn't ask - might hex it

4catmom 4catmom
May '18

Just booted up the pc version. PDF circular version only shows 4 of 14 pages. Still no capability to make a simple text-based grocery list and still takes godzillion clicks to get an item on whatever freaking list they are creating.

Apparently we are being "told' via lack of features and operation, that we all need to scan our own items in the store for delivery by a stranger.......or something millennial focused......or just stupid broken application.

Apparently Shoprite hired the original ObamaCare Website developers. Now they can't find the replacement team Obama used........

May '18

For anyone that wants details, the app is created by a company called "MyWebGrocer". There are a bunch of other grocery store chains using the same thing. For each store they just change a few pictures and the logo. Mostly the app is storing and maintaining a list of the available coupons with all of the details.

http://mywebgrocer.com/

Good one Stranger danger.
As of today app still sucks. Called and spoke to many ShopRite Managers, even Legwood. No changes.

May '18

This new app is horrible . takes forever to load and when it does I can't really see what I loaded cause it fades the item .right now its frozen.wish they would bring back the old one.

Gina Nadrowski Gina Nadrowski
Jun '18

I used the on-line address and it worked ok this past week. I have never tried the app.

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Jun '18

As a long time shoprite user, they have gone down hill since they chased out the A&P.
They just were not set up for the added customers. I don't think they have enougf storage space for back up stock. Many things I always bought, I now find empty spaces. When I do find it, I grab 2 or 3 of them.They used to clear out older fresh food, now they are left all mixed in. The computer worked for me this week, There are a lot less coupon choices. Most of them I don't use. I did use the shop at home at times I was incapacitated, That worked very well for me. I have no use for Apps, so I can't comment on that.

Old Gent Old Gent
Jun '18

Old Gent, if you go to the Washington Shop Rite weekdays between 9:00 and 1:00, the shelves are usually good . On weekends the shelves are good from 9:00 to 12:00. At least that has been my experience. I never go in the afternoons. But I end up saving money if I order on-line, so that is what I do now.

Jun '18

My problem is, I don't get going very fast in morning. Thanks. I used to get something in the bakery, every time I go. Many times I asked them to look in the refrig. Some times they would find one. I said you are always out, order more of them. Finally they have them most of the times. I said to him how are they doing. He said they moving very well.

Old Gent Old Gent
Jun '18

The whole ShopRite website including digital coupons works very well on my home computer.ShopRite did not chase A&P out of business. They did that to themselves through mismanagement. ShopRite has not gone downhill since A&P closed.If you find a sale item out of stock go to the customer service desk and ask for a rain check.They will be happy to help you out.

ynnuf
Jun '18

Been using the new app and it still sucks. This morning was creating my shopping list, but when you click on the product there is nothing to click on to add to your list. So then you have to make another shopping list type in the item. I agree with the clipped coupons. Once you clip they fade, also having to navigate back and forth from shopping list to clip coupons is a pain in the ass. Do they not see yet how this app sucks. I have contacted so many people, but anything I had to say were ignored.

Jun '18

The Shop Rite app seems to have really improved since the last time I used it.

ianimal ianimal
Aug '18

Agree with Ian, took a while to get it working as I had to update my online presence and you have to use their Wifi network in the store. but it is operational again and for someone like me, who prefers to pack my own bags and get out quick. It is worth it. Not sure if it saves me any money, but it gets me out of the store much faster.

Agust Agust
Aug '18

mine works and I load the digital coupons - which sometimes come in handy

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '18

I just want to make a paper list and, while better, it still stinks.

Coupons OK, and even prints what's current; that's a new feature improvement in this ap.

Paper list still cumbersome to create, they did add a text-based print, but still not stripped down to basic text; two many things like pictures and crap to even use. But they did make the attempt.

I am just not feeling the joy at the ap being best used off the smart phone while in the store. Just not ready to cross that chasm.

Aug '18

It's still the worse app update ever. Bring back the old app already!!

Outdoor Woman Outdoor Woman
Aug '18

Anyone who shops at Weis is nuts. They are twice as much money. Just go shopping don't worry about ordering online
Don't be so lazy. Go to the store. You know what you get.

John Coolack John Coolack
Aug '18

Weis has several items that are better than SR . Ready made fried chicken that isn't dried up garbage , store brand milk that doesn't go sour in a few days , thick cut hot potato slices , 1.69 Value Time pancake mix , Weis branded snacks , the bakery and vegetable section just to name a few . It might cost a little more , but I haven't bought SR's pre-cooked dried chicken or quickly souring milk in years and don't miss them .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Aug '18

I only use the shop-rite app for digital coupons and it works well (similarly the target app called cartwheel for manufacturer discounts)............They work ............I haven't had milk go bad in a few days - or found dried up food at shop-rite. The one thing I really like from Weis is their own brand of ice cream (no not frozen dessert )

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '18

Now when you clip digital coupons they don't go to bottom in one group. Actually they should of went straight to the top. Now when you clip them you have to go through all the coupons to find your clipped ones!!! Ugh!!!!

Outdoor Woman Outdoor Woman
Aug '18

Select show all on one page.

Try Print, Clipped and only the clipped appear and you can print w/wo pictures.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Aug '18

I normally order my groceries online from the Washington Shoprite. But it's really not on my way home, so I decided to give the Byram Shoprite a try since it's on my way home and I was ordering for a weeknight pickup.

I had signed up for a 4:30-5 timeslot. Got a call around noon today that they're running behind and my order will be delayed by about an hour. They said they will call me when it's ready.

So, that sucks. I live a solid half hour from Byram, so there's no point in going home just to go back again. I guess I'll be killing some time.

My question: Is this normal for Byram Shoprite? Or just a fluke? I've been ordering from the Washington Shoprite for years and never had this happen.

MB, maybe there's increased demand because Shoprite has waived the online pickup shopping fee for the next few weeks if you spend $150 or more? That may have encouraged people to try it who normally wouldn't have because of the additional cost.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '19

Could be, but when I ordered the night before they had every single time slot open. And there was no one else there when I picked up.

I wound up calling to see if they could hold it till the next day since an hour delay was really going to screw up my evening....and before I could do that the guy said "Oh actually it will be on time". Who knows if they were going to call me back and tell me that - I would've been REALLY annoyed had I stayed at work an extra hour unnecessarily.

Can you use digital coupons more then once?

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Feb '19

Digital coupons have a limit of how many items just like regular coupons and sale items. It used to be that was almost always just one item even if the sale price had a limit of four. This week it seems like they've been starting the digitals where they also are limit 4 just like the sale item.

I think the expired digitals do change status now. Used to be you had to remember.

The ability to create a simple shopping list, on paper, using a minimum amount of paper seems lost in this great new improvement. Now we have to print page above page with superfluous information. Useless.

Feb '19

Anyone have current reviews of shoprite from home pickup or delivery from byram or washington. We did delivery from Byram for a year then pickup from Washington for 6 months but stopped both due to consistent 30 to 60 minutes delayed and always missing or wrong items. Would love to go back if they got things back in line as when we started both they were great then lost there game.

I have to agree Jdem. I started two years ago ordering from Washington Shop Rite
for Pick-up, and the service and quality of food was great. For many months now the quality of produce, especially fruit, has been poor. Items ordered were missing or wrong product altogether or beginning to decay. Numerous times I have had to wait 10 minutes for someone to come out and start the order when I was the only customer in the parking area. I am considering switching to the Phillipsburg Shop Rite.

Apr '19

Shop rite has such poor quality when it comes to meats and produce I bought flounder from weis on Wednesday and it was delicious and fresh. I bought flounder from shop rite yesterday in Mansfield and it smelled very fishy no pun intended. I would rather drive 30 mins to wegmans or a Trader Joe’s. On top of that the shopeite has a very high turnover rate I have heard it’s a horror show working there. I’ve witnessed the owner going in and just being nasty. I understand you have a business to run but this isn’t 1980. Be kind wont give you a dime or my money can’t wait till something opens on and really gives them a run for there money

I have been using shop from home from shoprite byram for years and I do see a significant decline in customer service and quality - frequent missing items, and they have changed the policy regarding items that cannot be met - they no longer will allow a phone call to confirm the order or to select replacement items when they don't have what you order - they expect you to take whatever they choose to replace. As well, 4 of the last of 5 orders, delivery was delayed well beyond my order time - sometimes hours later - once they called the day of the order and cancelled because they didn't have drivers! (meanwhile, I had planned on that delivery for guests that evening)... bottom line, you CANNOT count on delivery time. In terms of quality, I have received moldy onions, green potatoes, bruised bananas, and otherwise crappy produce - I do not buy produce from them any longer. Every, and I do mean EVERY order has mistakes - things missing, wrong items selected, etc. Three orders in a row, I have had broken eggs. Overall, I use the service for staples only and delivery only when I know I will be home all day and don't need the items urgently.

rleaf rleaf
Apr '19

Has anyone used Weis’s Shop From Home / Pick Up service? I’d like to give it a try this week if I can figure out the process. Any tips on using the site welcomed.

Apr '19

Sounds like nothing has changed. I am not to concerned on the produce or meat as we do csa from locals for that and I buy a whole beef once a year . My big issues was the missing items and huge delays. If I have to sit at home waiting 5 hours or go to the store and sit out front for 45 minutes it saves no time and I may as well just go in and shop. The original point was convenience and it was more of a hassle now then anything.

Oh no...I am disappointed to read this. I literally just did shop from home for the first time last week and was very pleased. I requested a 3-5 pm delivery time and they showed up at 3:05 pm I checked everything and all items I ordered were there and correct.
I commented on how great it was and I had even saved myself money due to the fact I wasn't able to do any impulse shopping.
I hope I do not start seeing the issues stated above.

I spoke to the Shop from home manager a little while ago. He was concerned to hear my complaints and said he would talk to those in charge of various areas of concern. I will probably try them one more time in a week or two to see if anything has changed for the better. I did read that many Shop Rite stores have closed over the past two years. I don’t know whether that weighs into this local situation though. I guess time will tell.

Apr '19

I hope you have luck . We expressed our concerns to 1800shoprite and they really had nothing to offer for feedback or actions on there part. The day we stopped utilizing them my wife waited 30 minutes at the pickup area multiple things were wrong on the bill. They left off all of our coupons. The manager was literally walking around with a pocket of 5 dollar gift cards he hands out on the fly as everyone complains. If your business model is so bad you are locked and loaded with gift cards to field all the complaints it is time for some model reevaluations.

I just started the shop from home and have a question......I typically start my list around Wednesday adding to it each day then place my order on Sunday. I add items from the circular that will be going on sale on Sunday........does the the price change automatically to the sale price come Sunday? Or do I have to wait until Sunday to add those things?

From my experience, JRT, the price changes automatically on the items in your basket - I do the same, start "shopping" (putting items in my cart) mid-week and then the prices of the items in the cart change late Saturday night if they are different for the upcoming Sunday-Saturday. Good luck!

rleaf rleaf
May '19

Thank you rleaf.....I believe it changed for me also!

Perhaps you should address your issues to the ShopRite Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/shoprite.supermarket/

ralph
May '19

Today was my third time getting groceries delivered. I picked a 3-5 pm delivery time. At 5:10l nothing.... so I called to see how much longer they would be. They put me on hold and said they called the driver. He said he was 3 min away.
Well that was the longest 3 min ever! He didn't show up until 6:00pm. Hopefully this doesnt happen often. It messed up the evening:(

JRT, unfortunately, in my experience, that is the norm rather than the exception. As I described above, the delivery window is rarely met - and I even experienced a cancellation on the day of delivery - you have to plan on a longer time than they say... double check your order, when they are rushing, more mistakes and broken eggs...

rleaf rleaf
May '19

Why doesn't anyone hire local people to do this chore for them? I bet there are plenty of people looking to make extra income that would do your shopping for you.

happiest girl
May '19

Thanks rleaf.....I will give them another try, but if it continues to happen I guess I will just go back to doing it myself after work.

Happiest girl....I wouldn't mind doing that if it were the same price however I think an individual may want a bit more for their time, gas, etc... I believe Shoprite's fee is only $10.00 or so for this service.

Price to do this is ridiculously low-this service is worth way more than 10.00. At that price it will never be reliable.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
May '19

I used my local W Shop Rite for 7 months straight and they were always on time. Tried a different Shop Rite farther west last week and they were 30 minutes late...but the order, veggies, and fruit were very good. I’m going to try my closer Shop Rite one more time this week and see if there is an improvement in quality of food. I will be picking up my groceries this time, fee is around $4.98. No one would do a shopping order for that price. It is a great service if done correctly. I

May '19

Hiring someone to do this would be most expensive; just don’t tell those stay-at-homes how valuable they are.....

The pressure will be there for groceries to compete with the net. Every day there’s more internet outlets for basic packaged goods and specialty ingredient/meal products. Already, for me, many bulky/heavy products are shipped. All pet supplies for example. Packaged goods will be next for me. I thirst for ordering beverages on-line; BKing is one thing ;-), but bring on the bottled water. I don’t expect service or shipping fees but I do expect competitive prices. Otherwise, I wouldn’t shift

The ability to deliver good, fresh product, and even frozen, will be the brick n motor’s only possible advantage against this since I would rather order from one place over multiple places. At current, I would not trust any grocer to be able to do this.

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
May '19

I've had minor delays at the Washington Shoprite before, but Byram is horrible!

Last time I ordered pickup from them, I signed up for a 1:30-2 timeslot because I'd be passing by right around that time. Received a call at 11:45 that they were running an hour behind. OK, whatever, I killed some time with my children by letting them play in an arcade (and spending money in the process). Arrived at Shoprite at 2:30 on the dot. Was told the shopper JUST started shopping and my order would be ready in a half hour and I could go home and they'd call me. Well, I live a half hour from the store so it doesn't make sense to go home. At this point, my children haven't eaten lunch (I had planned on making them lunch with the groceries), so I take them across the parking lot to McDonald's and spend money there to feed my children and kill time.

I was in McDonald's for FIFTY MINUTES before I received a call that my order was ready. Drove across the parking lot and waited ANOTHER thirty minutes for my order to be loaded in the car.

So TWICE I was given grossly understated time estimates. I can understand delays, but at the very least you should be upfront with how long the delays are. When I arrived at 2:30, if I knew I wouldn't be leaving until close to 4:00, I would have made a different decision and just done the shopping myself.

The shopping fee was waived, but keeping my children amused and feeding them cost me $25 beyond what I had planned for the day. Not to mention TWO AND A HALF HOURS out of my Saturday. That is WAY more valuable to me than the shopping fee.

I feel your pain, MB and others.
I was warned early on to shop or do “on line for pick up” from 10:00 thru 12:00 or 1:00 at the very latest on weekends because the shelves get emptied quick and then they have to stock shelves all over again. I follow the same guidelines for weekdays and maybe thats why I have always gotten my groceries generally on time when delivered or when I pick up the order. I never shop weekends. Hope that may help. I pick up my groceries later this week and am hoping for improvement in quality and freshness because I don’t want to travel either, but will pay for pick up from other stores if I must.

May '19

I picked up my order today from Washington Shop Rite. The order was brought out to me with no wait time at all and the order was complete with fruit and vegetables fresh and delicious. Someone did call before hand to clarify a few items. It was an A+ shopping day for me! Hoping it works out for all above too.

May '19

I'm very happy for you Spring Fever - perhaps my difficulties are due to my location - Byram - good to know that Washington's shop from home worked so well.

rleaf rleaf
May '19

"Effective 5/5/19, we will no longer combine both a digital coupon and a paper manufacturer coupon for the purchase of any one item.

• Multiple coupon offers cannot be combined to purchase a single item.
• If more than one coupon is offered for a single item, our registers will deduct the highest value offer.
• The remaining coupon will either be returned to the customer or returned to the customer’s PPC during the transaction. If both offers have the same value, the digital will be honored."

Well, I had no idea that there is a digital coupon for one of my items and tried to use a paper manufacturer coupon but digital coupon was applied automatically and it had much less value than the paper one I had. So from now on I need to compare coupons and de-select digital if I have paper coupon.

BTW, I am not sure if Mansfield ShopRite still doubles paper manufacturer coupons up to 99 cents - "Double coupon policies vary by store. Check your store for details". Just great.....

Trying to apply Shoprite app to iPhone 7. It tells me to add the Shoprite network, but the phone says it can't locate. Do you actually have to be at Shoprite for the network to be located? I have the app on my phone but can't use it without the network downloaded

Local Gal Local Gal
Jan '20

I have the app on my iPhone 7 and can use it on my home wifi. The ShopRite has free instore wifi.......once you log into it while you are at the store, you can use their wifi network while you are shopping instead of using data. I think that’s the network they are referring to.

Quiet One Quiet One
Jan '20

The mobile scan app you need to be on their WiFi to use but the others will work on any WiFi/data

Superchefsgirl Superchefsgirl
Jan '20

Thanks everyone. I found some fine print and it said you have to be in the store and register at the Customer Service Desk. Really??

Local Gal Local Gal
Jan '20

Hi, your new deli app does not have the option to purchase jarlesberg cheese. It’s just not listed on the new app.

Marylou Cohen Marylou Cohen
Sep '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.