Wind 4/16

Am I living in a bubble that I'm the only one getting this kind of wind?! The weather channel app says nothing about wind and there are no alerts anywhere online. I won't be surprised if there are trees down after what we've been hearing all night. Our dog who normally doesn't scare was up all night because of it. Do any of our awesome weather peeps have any idea when the wind will die down?

wind has been out of control since Saturday night

Had a tree fall right in front of me on Asbury Road this morning after leaving Kevins Auto Repair. If I had been 2 seconds earlier.......

John C John C
Apr '18

Holy crap John, scary stuff!

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Apr '18

They have been predicting this wind for the last few days.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Apr '18

John, I'm constantly worried about that because I travel heavily tree lined back roads to work everyday. Glad you're okay, if not a bit shaken up.

I'm really surprised I didn't see more trees down on my commute this morning.

The wind was insane last night. It felt like the windows were going to blow out of the house.

Tracy Tracy
Apr '18

The wind last night was CRAZY! I was also shocked that there was no weather channel alert. I would have waited till morning to drag the trash cans out. Luckily ours stayed standing...throughout the night I woke to the sound of my neighbors cans crashing...

I was down the shore this weekend, and near Atlantic City the wind was so noisy we couldn't sleep most of the night. In Asbury Park yesterday, between the wind and rain, you'd think they had a hurricane. Most weather apps said it was about 25 mph, but that's just plain BS.

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Apr '18

Since the wind was coming from due East, some of what you might have experienced was noise from another direction rather than our usual Westerly's.

Here on the lee side of the hill we be sheltered......this time.

"At dawn, look to the east." "Yes. Yes! The horn of Helm Hammerhand shall sound in the deep once more."

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Apr '18

Channel 2 (CBS) was showing both winds expected and their average speed. All I got from Hackettstown PD nixle was an alert about the rain with a flash flood warning.

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '18

strangerdanger... at dawn of the 5th day...

hktownie hktownie
Apr '18

It was the fifth day! Today, tax day, is yet another fifth day :>0 And I pay and pay and.....talk about a foul wind..

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Apr '18

Lord of the Rings, Stranger Danger !

We had a 90 pound cast iron chimenea blow over on our deck.

rbilly rbilly
Apr '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.