Something moving in where Marty's was?

Anybody aware of what might be moving into the Flock building where Marty's was previously? There's paper on the windows now.

Dancicus Fighticus Dancicus Fighticus
Apr '18

Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be yet another nail salon.

DevilsFan1 DevilsFan1
Apr '18

Smash burger ! Lol

All American All American
Apr '18

Trader Joe`s .

I had heard that it going to to be a gas station with a pawn shop!!!

Dadof3
Apr '18

Quik chek...

You people are terrible! Why don't you wait and see like everyone else?

Sport
Apr '18

Another smart aleck response here....

Maybe it's a store that sells that brown paper and it's is ready for business.

It’s going to be another nail and spa small sign in window

Birduphigh Birduphigh
Apr '18

Smart idea, right now so many times we are trveling to roxbury and randolph for kids friends parties.

Re: Something moving in where Marty's was?

Hello everyone, I will be putting up our “Coming Soon” posters in the windows this week. We are opening a place where we can celebrate our kid’s birthday parties. “Once Upon A Theme”, where your kid’s dreams and themes will come to life! As a parent myself, I understand we are limited to these type of venues, we often have to travel to celebrate our kid’s birthdays. I want to make sure we can celebrate right in our town where our kid’s family and friends can join the celebration. More details coming soon! I hope to have everyone’s support in this new project. Thank you.

Kirsis Kirsis
Apr '18

Yes, exactly @Jdem. We live in this town and I believe we should have all types of businesses and venues available to us and surrounding towns. We can provide jobs to our locals, this town is up and coming. Many good businesses coming to our area.

Kirsis Kirsis
Apr '18

I wish you the best!

Ollie Ollie
Apr '18

Thank you so much @Ollie

Kirsis Kirsis
Apr '18

This sounds like a great idea for our town...Wishing you the best with your new endeavor, Kirsis! P.S: I worked in that store years ago when it was known as Leeter, Inc,.

joyful joyful
Apr '18

Sounds like a Wonderful business for our town. Wishes for Lots of Success to you!

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Apr '18

Thank you guys for the amazing wishes @Joyful @Mrs. Pipes

Kirsis Kirsis
Apr '18

I don’t have any little ones but it sounds like a great idea. Wishing you much success!

Bessie Bessie
Apr '18

My purpose is to have activities in which everyone can participate or be a part of, including events for our pets, which are our non-human kids. @Bessie

Kirsis Kirsis
Apr '18

Sounds great, Kirsis! I don't have kids either and the cats definitely won't travel haha! But i hope i can support your business any way i can once you open your doors. Good luck!

Apr '18

That would be awesome! I will need al the support I can have @Dancicus Fighticus

Kirsis Kirsis
Apr '18

When will it open and when will Once Upon A Theme start hiring?

Sachel Sachel
Oct '18

Any word on when this will open?

momof2 momof2
Jan '19

Re: Something moving in where Marty's was?

Hello Everyone.
Finally!!!
We are finally approaching our Grand Opening Day. I promise you it was worth the wait. Thank you all for being so patient, I did not want to open until everything was perfect and perfection does take time. I will be able to start booking parties in a few weeks. On that note, let me tell you a little bit about Once Upon A Theme. I patiently waited 10 years for that specific building. Once I found out Marty’s Bike shop relocated somewhere else I knew it was my turn to my magical ideas into reality. I wanted a place with more than enough space and that I have, you will all be so happy with the results. My plan was to open about a year ago, but I was faced with very challenging construction, codes and town regulations. Since I will be having all of your kids at the venue it was only right to make sure it is a safe place where parents can have a peace of mind knowing their kids will be taken care of. We have built an amazing princess spa where we will hosting all our princess birthday parties with all the magical and favorite characters, providing services such as mani, pedi, make up and endless entertainment. Don’t worry boys we have even more entertainment and cool theme parties, virtual reality game rooms, heroes and villans also available for your birthday parties. We will be open for anything and everything, not only for birthday events. I will soon start hiring for different positions and will need the town’s help for referrals. Oh you will alll hear the big buzz about our grand opening, I promise you it will be a pleasant surprise. I put my heart and soul into this project, 10 years of ideas and as a mom myself I can tell you that no one in this town will need to travel anywhere to host their child’s birthday parties. We have it all and if we don’t we will make it! Hope to see you all soon. Thank you.

Kirsis Kirsis
Mar '19

Sounds great. Best of luck!

Is the a facebook page for the new place?

Josepcan Josepcan
Mar '19

@josepcan we will soon have all the social media pages up. I wanted to finish construction so I can incorporate pictures of the venue in all my social media pages.

Kirsis Kirsis
Mar '19

@CJ thank you so much.

Kirsis Kirsis
Mar '19

Kirsis Best of luck with the opening! I can’t wait to book a kids party there!

Friendly mcface Friendly mcface
Mar '19

Thanks... yes hope to see you all soon @friendly macface

Kirsis Kirsis
Mar '19

We drove by last night in the pouring rain and could see inside and upstairs of your new place people working to make your dream become a reality. I spent many years working in that very place when it was Leeter, Inc. I knew every nook and cranny of both upstairs and down back then and sounds to be a perfect spot for the type business you are planning. Wishing you the very best in your new endeavor..

joyful joyful
Mar '19

I look forward to booking parties there for my children. I really think my daughter is going to love it. Congratulations for making your dream a reality and thank you for providing a new place for children's parties.

NJMOM
Mar '19

New store = needs new thread!!!

Some people don’t Facebook, fyi.....pls. Be sure we’re not second class viewers.

Parking advise might be key; little difficult in n out at the location.

Best luck — sounds most excellent.

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
Mar '19

Very good point, StrangerDanger...When I worked at that location (then Leeter, Inc)..the Clarendon Hotel was where Bea McNally's is now..directly behind this store...All employees of that store had to park on a side street off Main (not allowed to park in the Clarendon lot or in front of the store on Main St. (that was for the store customers). However, there is a municipal parking lot (across the street) behind The Old Trading Post as a consideration.

joyful joyful
Mar '19

Where can you park to go to the new store? Make sure it’s clear to your customers where they can park or sometimes it will make them not willing to come.

Is there an opening date? And a phone number? Would be interested in booking a party in late April if it will be open by then.

Southern Belle Southern Belle
Mar '19

I would love to know the same thing. I'm looking to book a party the first weekend of June but have been waiting to find out what the opening date will be so I can figure out if I can have it here.

TT1980 TT1980
Mar '19

@Hpg yes there is a municipal parking across the street behind the old trading post. I will also have Valet parking available on busy weekends. I have been traveling out of this town to do my kid’s birthday parties for years. I’m sure other people wouldn’t mind traveling to come to Hackettstown to celebrate their kid’s birthday party or an event. Yes I thought about the parking but believe me, I wouldn’t mind looking for parking to come to “Once Upon A Theme” I promise it will be worth it.

Kirsis Kirsis
Mar '19

@StrangerDanger Once our promotion starts we will be advertising on TV, newspaper, local town radio station, FB, IG, Twitter, etc. I am aware that some people don’t use social media and yes I’m keeping that in mind. I will make sure I post the email and phone number this week coming up. I will start booking parties in a few weeks also. As far as the grand opening, I hope to make sure everyone knows when it will be. Thank you all.

Kirsis Kirsis
Mar '19

Awesome news! Every day more and more things are being added! Can you give an idea of the earliest date you will book parties? We are willing to delay the party a bit to have it at Once Upon a Time.

Southern Belle Southern Belle
Apr '19

How would one find out when you would be hiring and how to apply?

Sachel Sachel
Apr '19

I would also be interested in a June party. Please keep everyone posted when you start booking parties! Thanks!

Localmom
Apr '19

Are you going to be open by next year?

Any idea when it will open? Would love to apply for a job!

ssbj17
Apr '19

I really wanted to do my daughter birthday there may 5th Don’t think you’ll be open by than. However my nephews birthday is June 4th and they are interested .

Your grand opening please let us know

Dianamagate Dianamagate
Apr '19

I went to the Grand Opening during Maifest. This place is absolutely adorable. It was quite pricey....BUT if I had some money to burn, I would definitely do this for my two granddaughters birthday party's. The cheapest party was listed on the brochure at $350 and the most expensive is listed as $950. I would suggest that you check it out. It's super cute.

Just sayin'... Just sayin'...
May '19

Any cheaper they will not make any money.

@Imjustsaying for what the packages offer we would safely say that prices are reasonable. Carefully read what every package offers. We offer make up, hairdo. Mani, pedi, pink lemonade drinks, dress as your favorite princess fashion show and more, that’s just the basic package. The point is that we want the children to enjoy all the services we provide, and very package offers that. The more expensive packages offer a huge variety of add ons, ex a character for one hour, arts and crafts etc. I wanted to make sure I made affordable packages compared to similar business, which honestly we don’t have one that offers as much as we do and for our prices. I carefully compared my prices to other places, which is why they range at different prices. If anyone finds cheaper prices in other similar venues, I will match their price. I guarantee you all that no one else offers everything I offer. I did my research and it’s not cheap to do birthday parties in these type of venues. I personally made sure I made an affordable packages so that very child has the chance to come and enjoy our place. We offer many packages and give parents the choice to work around their budget.

Kirsis Kirsis
May '19

@iJay yes that is correct and thanks for pointing that out. We have an overhead and staff to pay. The place is beautiful on its own, also our spa is handicap accesible. We also have a kitchen for the parents to use if they want to bring in food for the adults only. We provide so much and our main focus is to make sure that every little girl feels like a princess and he experience is magical!

Kirsis Kirsis
May '19

Do you have a website where you list package experiences and prices?

ianimal ianimal
May '19

@ianimal... the website should be up and running by this weekend. I wanted to add as much information as possible. We have brochures with the packages and the prices. You are welcome to come in or we can email you the brochure. Also Once Upon A Theme is ADA approved!! We are wheelchair accesible. The pedicure section of the spa has a wheelchair accommodating area. Our special needs princess have access to every station without restrictions. Our pink runway is also moveable so that the princesses can do their fashion show dresses as their favorite magical princess.

Kirsis Kirsis
May '19

Great... thanks. My 4-year old daughter currently gets her princess needs serviced at Sweet and Sassy in Center Valley, PA but it would be nice to have an alternative in Warren County. Wishing you all the success in the world.

ianimal ianimal
May '19

@ianimal... yes exactly why I wanted to built this place in Hackettstown, not only because I live here but because we are very limited with places for our kids. I’m happy to see that this little town is up and coming and we now have so many different business and exciting new places where our families can go. I have kids myself and always had to travel to celebrate my kids birthdays. Now we have an amazing new place and don’t have to travel so far.

Kirsis Kirsis
May '19

Do you only cater to little girls?

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
May '19

@Smilingbecs no we have a virtual reality arcade located on the second floor. Our business is also for adults. We also have a make up studio and dance studio upstairs. Both floors can be rented for private events also. Once upon a theme is for everyone!

Kirsis Kirsis
May '19

Cool idea - I wish you success

Skippy Skippy
May '19

Is the virtual reality arcade only for parties or can you go in for a bit as a walk-in?

May '19

@Dancicus Fighticus yes the arcade is open all day for walks ins. The spa is also for walk ins

Kirsis Kirsis
May '19

I was driving on Main Street yesterday afternoon, and I saw a small girl child posing outside this place in a black gown and sunglasses. She was having her picture taken hopefully by her parent/s. This is pretty scary. It reminds me of Libby Lu in the mall where there would be fashion shows on carpets walking out into the mall. Perfect place for pedophiles to start hanging out. I popped in during street fair, and the place looks great.

neighborhood watcher
Jun '19

@neighorhood watcher... What is so scary about taking pictures of a child in front of a business that is for kids? How is this scary? If we had to worry about all the pedophiles everywhere we go then we wouldn’t be able to leave our homes. Yes, her parents were there and also signed a consent. The word you want to use is cute, not scary. No reason to see the negative in what is meant to be fun and memorable. The kids love this new place we have in town for them and it was long overdue. Are we not allowed to provide a place for kids in Htown? Nothing scary about taking pictures of a child especially when that was the purpose. We take pictures of our kids everywhere we go and In front of many places. Of course we should always be very careful with our kids, and luckily we have cameras that record everything inside and out of our business. We are always extra careful, especially when it comes to our kids. Yes, the place looks amazing and we are so happy and proud that it’s located in our beautiful up and coming town. Thanks for everyone’s support

Once upon a Theme Once upon a Theme
Jun '19

Did this place ever get a website up and running?

ianimal ianimal
Dec '19

Yes. They're having breakfast with Santa, according to their Facebook.

DogDayAfternoon
Dec '19

Ian

https://onceuponthemes.com/

https://www.facebook.com/onceuponthemes/

Phil D. Phil D.
Dec '19

Grassy ass, Phil D. I have a princess turning 5 in a few weeks and looking to set something up for her and a few friends.

ianimal ianimal
Dec '19

ianimal, it looks adorable for that age! She would probably have a blast.

DogDayAfternoon
Dec '19

"Day neigh duh" Ian! Yeah, 6 anos de espanol years ago and I still say "Grassy a$$" sometimes;-)

Phil D. Phil D.
Dec '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.