Are there any Walking Groups in town?

I just saw a FB post for a Washington Walking group and I wondered if we had one here in Hackettstown? Looks like a nice way to get out an meet people an enjoy the nice weather. Appears they walk as a group once a week for an hour or so. Please let me know if it's "a thing". Thanks!

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '18

I would be interested in a group as well. So, that;s two of us. Anyone else?

That would be great. Im in.

Walking Walking
Apr '18

Really? That would be so great!

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '18

This would be great. Walking. Enjoying sunshine.

Walking Walking
Apr '18

Interested .

Just coach Just coach
Apr '18

Are weekends better for you guys?

I can do weekends and after work (I'm home by 5) I have no objection to doing both :)

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '18

Sounds good! I just had my knee replaced so I move a bit slow for now, sorry. I don't want to hold you up but love the idea of new friends and fresh air. Any suggestions of a good walking area?

I was thinking around town, or maybe over at Doctors' Park they have a nice walking area. Can switch it up.

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '18

I'm in!

Letsgo Letsgo
Apr '18

Im in too. Cant wait.

Walking Walking
Apr '18

Keep me posted...............we already walk pretty often but I'm up for meeting new people while walking

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '18

How does Wednesday the 18th sound to kick it off, the rain will be gone by then
with sunshine and high 50s.

Sounds good to me!

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '18

May I join... Strollers welcomed?

Proud liberal Proud liberal
Apr '18

I would be interested also..I cannot make the 18th but will join the next one.

happycamper happycamper
Apr '18

Of course strollers are welcome, right gang? For Wednesday, Dr's Park sound okay?
Let's all work it out together!

Everyone is welcome :) This is awesome I'm excited to meet everyone!

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '18

interested but I volunteer every Wednesday afternoon at Antler Ridge......

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '18

What time Wednesday?

I am interested.

Darleen Darleen
Apr '18

How is 5:30 for Wednesday

5:30 works for me

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '18

Interested

Waldo Waldo
Apr '18

I will be there with my three year old!

Apr '18

I’d be interested but I work late Wednesday’s. If there are others days I’ll join in.

Tweety Tweety
Apr '18

Can't make it on the 18th, but would def. LOVE to join you all in the future. Please keep us posted for next time. ;)

LadySkiDog LadySkiDog
Apr '18

This Wednesday is out for me, but I am interested in future Wednesdays or other days. This is a wonderful idea for both exercise and meeting new friends who live local.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Apr '18

With my schedule, mornings are better for me. Anyone else want to do mornings during the week?

Linda Linda
Apr '18

Linda., mornings are the best fit for me also. From 7:30 on

Rose, I can do any morning but Friday, 9:30 would be good.

Linda Linda
Apr '18

Field of Dreams in Independence,flat and less insects,interested.

hammer hammer
Apr '18

Field of Dreams is like walking around a Track.....Boring
The Nelson Hoyt Park off of Willow Grove in Hackettstown is so much better.

LittlePiglet LittlePiglet
Apr '18

Sounds like enough people are interested to have many times and places :-) Meet on Wednesday at the parking lot on the Dr's park side? Or at the sandbar side?

hktownie hktownie
Apr '18

I was thinking the Dr.'s park side towards the top near where the port-a-potty is? We could all meet up in that corner of the lot?

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '18

seems weird to walk around Doctor's Park. It's just a small medical complex on Seber Rd, no trials just sidewalks.

Might want to go a few hundred feet further on Seber to RIVERFRONT PARK which is the actual name of the park. :)

njlawyer njlawyer
Apr '18

Stephens State Park is very nice and it also has a river. It's not far from Doctor's Park.

Linda Linda
Apr '18

Bumping up :)

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '18

Hey all! Just a reminder for all those interested we will be meeting tonight at Doctor's Park at 5:30. Can't wait to meet everyone!

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '18

We should meet by the tables next to the play ground?

Apr '18

Yes, great. Better idea than my port a potty suggestion lol! See you there!

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '18

I can't make tonight but would be interested in future dates.
Keep us posted!

cloudyday cloudyday
Apr '18

We will be meeting 5:30 at Doctor's Park by tables next to the playground next Weds.

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '18

wonderful! put me on email list ok? Thanks!

Glenn Glenn
Apr '18

Hi Glenn, there isn't formal email list at this time. It's not that organized just yet ;) Just check back here for updates.

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '18

How does one ask to be put on an email
List without giving their email. Lol

And please stop calling it doctors park. The park’s name is Riverfront Park. There are literally 2 signs on the street that state that. Doctors park is the small medical complex

Njlawyer Njlawyer
Apr '18

Hey everyone! So the weather doesn't look too great for tomorrow evening, bummer! Looks like if anyone is still interested we could meet up Thursday or try again for next Weds. I know a few people said they couldn't make it last week, but wanted to come to future walks :)

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '18

That park has history. It's been called Seber's grove, the Sandbar, the Fish Hatchery, the old Fish Hatchery, Morrison Field, Alumni Field, Riverfront Park and probably some others I'm forgetting :-)

You can tell how long someone has lived in town by what they call that park, I still think of it as the Sandbar and Sebers. Others think of it as Riverfront Park with the Dr's Park side and the Sandbar/Alumni side.. but everyone seems to know where it is, I guess that's all that counts.

In 1933 the CCC was used to improve the original fish hatchery, they had barracks somewhere nearby http://www.ccclegacy.org/Archives_New_Jersey.php

hktownie hktownie
Apr '18

Walking this Wednesday at 5:30. Meet at the same place. Blue picnic tables :)

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '18

Meeting tonight at 5:30 if anyone is looking to get out and enjoy this weather! Blue picnic tables at Dr's Park.

weebiekins weebiekins
May '18

Rose, Linda mornings are best for me also. Would love to walk with new people. Please let me know next date and time and place of meeting.

Taxpayer Taxpayer
May '18

I'm wondering if this group was ever formed and if it has a scheduled day and time each week? Looking for a daytime, not evening walking partner or 2.

Not that I am aware of. Only one person, who isn't even on this thread lol, actually showed up. She and I have walked together every week since then. We walk in the evenings though, sorry. Unless other groups formed at different times of the day. Good luck.. Hope you find some walking partners

Weebiekins Weebiekins
May '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.