Dumped Dog

Dumped Dog

From Facebook:
This poor emaciated dog was dumped on Ward Rd in Blairstown/Hardwick NJ on or about March 29th. He was tossed from the car with a bag of dog food (how ironic since he was obviously starved). Does anyone recognize this dog?? Can anyone give any information regarding who may have dumped this dog?? Someone must know something. Please share so this POS could be found!!!! He is currently safe and will eventually be looking for a new home that will show him love. Please call any information in to the Blairstown animal control, the Blairstown animal hospital, the police, or message me privately. Thank you!

Worried Worried
Mar '18

I will take him. If someone could give me info.

Kikinj Kikinj
Mar '18

Whoever did that needs a blanket party. With a sock full of rocks. I volunteer.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Mar '18

Agreed JR. I hope they catch the b*****d.

I had a dog I adopted from PAL, who looked very similar to this poor guy. Supposedly found tied to a tree with no food or water. Could see all his ribs and the point on his head. We fattened him up (not too much). He was always a “counter surfer “ for sure. One time he snagged a 1.5 pound pork roast fresh out of the oven! I think he swallowed it whole! He lived a good and long life.

I’m with JeffersonRepub on this one.

Bessie Bessie
Mar '18

The poor angel. This makes me sick.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '18

He's a beautiful dog! People are so sick! I pray that someone takes him & he has a long, safe and happy life.

Joyce Joyce
Mar '18

Kikinj, the original post above says who to contact. Let them know you age interested in adopting

Worried Worried
Mar '18

Me me me society... I have no compassion for the selfish soul that did this.

At least the person didn't throw the dog out of a moving car; in this case it is instant death penalty for the offender plus a beat down of the parents for bringing garbage into this world.

People honestly suck! How can you do such a thing to a dog let alone an animal :(
What the heck did that dog do wrong to go through abuse and neglect that it didn’t deserve one bit. I wish I could take him or her in . My puppy would get along with this dog for sure.

Michael Michael
Mar '18

I will take him. I have other dogs i take care of.. .

Kikinj Kikinj
Mar '18

If someone could help me with food that would b AWESOME

Kikinj Kikinj
Mar '18

Worried i couldnt get any info on original post.

Kikinj Kikinj
Mar '18

Is there anything else this dog needs at this point?? I’d love to help... As for the person who did this to the poor dog I hope u rot in hell...I’d love to help punch your ticket and send you there...

Mr. Tone Mr. Tone
Mar '18

Kikinj - Did you click on the envelope next to Worried's name in the original post?

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '18

How can people be so cruel. Wishing a happy outcome for this poor baby.

Kikinj - If you need money for food one more dog is a bad situation

Janster Janster
Mar '18

Deplorable person whomever did that to thst poor animal - if we are kicking in please include me

Skippy Skippy
Mar '18

I'm with JR.....terrible

Whoever did this should be put in a crate and dumped in the woods

Summer Summer
Mar '18

I want to throw up right now....there is a very special place in hell for people who do this to animals

Darrin Darrin
Mar '18

I agree with Janster. If you need help from others to take a dog, please Idon't take the dog. Nice sentiment, but not practical.

maja2 maja2
Apr '18

sorry kikinj...this place is full of a holes

noreaster noreaster
Apr '18

I'm quite certain that's a Rhodesian Ridgeback, based on the picture. For those that might be trying to help identify who the scum is that threw the dog out, it has the distinct markings of what looks like a "mohawk" on his back where the hair grows in the opposite direction (hence the ridgeback name).

I donate food to shelters, although I vary it by providing food for younger dogs, older dogs, etc. I currently have 4 cases of canned Hills Science Diet Perfect Weight. Its technically designed for dogs with digestive issues or a little over weight, so probably not a good fit for this pup in the original post, but your welcome to it. I don't have a money tree in the back yard, but if someone needs a hand with food for their dog, I'd do what I could.

ridgebacksrule ridgebacksrule
Apr '18

@ridgebacks - I think what you are seeing as the ridge is just the poor dog's spine showing, because he is so underweight. So sad. Hoping he finds a nice home.

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '18

Where is the dog now? with a shelter or in someone's home?

Hackresident Hackresident
Apr '18

Probably the nicest thing the POS ever did for this poor dog is dump him. At least now he may have a chance at a good, happy life.

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Apr '18

Poor thing!!! I hope this person is found!!!!

Waldo's mom Waldo's mom
Apr '18

Where is the dog now

Awesome Awesome
Apr '18

I am trying to find out what rescue group or who has him if anybody is actually interested in adopting......will post if I find out.

Worried Worried
Apr '18

She is being cared for at the Blairstown Animal Hospital. She is very frail but otherwise okay and will be held for seven days. So far no one has come forward to claim her.

Rose, will she be adopted out thru BAH?

Worried Worried
Apr '18

Yes, I private messaged you. Thank you!

There is a Lenape Legend ... 2 dogs guard the gates of heaven. If you are unkind to animals you will not pass....Hope it is true..

citychick citychick
Apr '18

The poor thing is frail. What a jerk to do that to his dog. Why couldn't he just give his dog to Noah's Ark or another shelter. karma and guilt towards the louse if he's reading this!

Apr '18

A+ Kikinj
Volunteering to take the dog is an added and unexpected expense. Kudos for stepping up!
Please contact me if I can donate anything.

Really??? Really???
Apr '18

They are looking for a home for this dog

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1981565921853751&id=560222630654761

poor baby, I hope he finds a good home soon.

Apr '18

Shared on FB, but I had to go find "Aunt Mary's Dogpound" or whatever it's called to share it, you can't share the above link, which is mobile, on a laptop. Just an FYI.
(at least I couldn't)

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Apr '18

http://auntmarysdoghouse.com/

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '18

Hoping this sweet baby finds a home, looks like a very nice dog. At least it has a second chance at life now. i hope the person who did this goes to h - - - , very soon.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Apr '18

He is still available through Aunt Mary's Doghouse - She has spent several hundred dollars on a trainer for him. He is still very very thin and hungry. She suggests that at this point he should be the only dog because he's so food driven. I hope someone is interested in this pup.

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '18

Re: Dumped Dog

Another dumped dog. My heart hurts for these poor pups. There are much better ways to rehome a pet if you absolutely must.

jrsemom jrsemom
Apr '18

Since "Blaze" was missing, perhaps someone found him & tied him to a phone pole because they didn't have time to search for the owner? Not really the proper thing to do, but better than just leaving him to wander. I hope it's not another actual abandonment:-(

I'd have loved to adopt the other dog, but unfortunately due to possibly moving soon and some other issues, it wouldn't be fair to any dog currently:-(

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '18

UPDATE: (I read this on FB posted by the president of Eleventh Hour Rescue - if foster found, they will adopt him out) I thought there were people on here interested in adopting him??

He needs an adopter or foster commitment by tomorrow, 4/20. They have been holding him because they wanted to give him a chance but now he is out of room. Please share or let us know if you a willing to foster him. If we can find a foster who will commit to taking him till adoption 11th Hour would be able to help

Worried Worried
Apr '18

People think dogs and cats are just personal property... they are NOT!

Worried I will private message you. Please check your messages. Thank you!

Rose, there are no new emails from you but I did email you yesterday & again today. The dog is now with Eleventh Hour Rescue if anybody is interested.

Worried Worried
Apr '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.