My daughter unwittingly left her wallet in the shopping cart at Shoprite on Rt31 in Washington. A woman who found it instead of doing the right thing and return it to customer service, she was caught red-handed going through the wallet by lost prevention and the managers and instead of just saying yes i found it. She argued with them until my daughter's fiance gave a detail description of the wallet. And she was still trying to say it was her's. Thank god there was no money in the wallet. I just want to say Thank you to the lost prevention team and the managers. To the woman I hope KARMA bites you hard!

anniea anniea
Feb '18

Oh my goodness it's terrible there so many dishonest people in the world. I'm glad you didn't get any cash

Proud liberal Proud liberal
Feb '18

Now for an unbelievably good story. My son lost his wallet with cards and lots of cash. Wallet found. Person googled my son as his license wasn’t in it and found his number from his FB account. All the cards and all the money still there. We are very grateful. There are still good people out there.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
Feb '18

Totally believe in karma. Same thing left purse etc....was gone when i went back. I went home and cried for awhile. Cash my cards everything in there. Knock at my door its the police with my beloved purse and nothing missing. So my son asked if the officer had info on the person who turned it in and he did. So my son gave the officer $100 to give the person and my cell phone #. The man called me. 87 years old and taking senior bus to supermarket saved my purse. To this day a year later I take him food shopping all the time. It's like the grandpa I NEVER had.

Being myself Being myself
Feb '18

I Left my wallet in a Target shopping cart a very kind person returned it to target customer service.

There are kind, honest people out there.

Htownnewbie Htownnewbie
Feb '18

Entering a CVS not long ago I tripped over something. I looked down and it was a money clip with cash and cards. I turned it in immediately.

NJITGrad NJITGrad
Feb '18

anniea, so glad this worked out for your daughter. I shop at this store often and just a comment regarding ladies shopping, handbag wide open, wallet and phone in complete view of everyone. They then walk away from the cart to select their produce etc. It only takes a second for that wallet or phone to be taken. I mention Rt 31 because that is where I shop most often but have seen it at other supermarkets as well. Just my nudge to you all, there are opportunists out there.

justwondering justwondering
Feb '18

Being myself- great story!

positive positive
Feb '18

My life lesson : i always speed through my life without noticing the things that are really important. There are so many precoius gifts that we all pass by. Im am so grateful for karma and the day i lost my purse. As an adult i learned so much about humanity and whats important.

Feb '18

Just wondering- i hear ya. We tend to rome and leave our purses unattended. Especially if something we love is on sale. So i have a little purse that i wrap around my shoulder should i wander. I have all my girlfriends doing the same. Its working out great. The only thing someone can steal is the cart. GOTCHA!!!!

Feb '18

wishing bad things on another person is an example of bad energy (karma)

Having negative thoughts and always being negative will only produce an accumulation of negative energies that will not only bring you bad luck but will also feed the negative energies surrounding you

When I was 10 years old I was bike riding on the Wildwood boardwalk with my uncle and cousins. I had a wallet in my pocket which fell out somewhere along the way. I had no money or credit cards at 10 years old. The only thing I had in it was a silver dollar given to me by my grandfather, a few pictures and one of those ID cards that came with the wallet. A very kind woman from Maryland found it and could tell it belonged to a child. She boxed it up and mailed it to the address on the ID card along with a note saying where she found it. I sent her a thank you note and then corresponded with her once or twice a year until her husband told me of her death when I was about 18. I never met this woman, but I felt like I lost a wonderful friend. There definitely are good people in this world. I will never forget her.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Feb '18

Cbgb- dont think this post is anyone focusing on bad karma. I think its about people having good karma and appreciation what they got in return.

Feb '18

Cbgb I do not have negative thoughts every day. I just know that what comes around goes around. and to every one else thank you. I know they are good people in the world and then some not so good people.

anniea anniea
Feb '18

Being Myself - Great story and leaving your purse may have been a bad thing for you but look at what a blessing its turned out to be, especially for the 87 year old who now has a new found family. Doing a good deed will come back 10 fold is what they say, I think in your case its proved to be true!!

bgood105 bgood105
Feb '18

I wouldnt change that day for anything. It has seriously changed my perspective on importance and enjoying some of lifes greatest things. I have learned so much about life since i met my new gramps. He is my blessing. ( also my childrens ) I find myself being so much more positive towards every problem that comes my way and honestly my anxiety has gone down to a minimum. Thank the lord.

Feb '18

The title of these forum caught my eye so I checked it out. I agree completely with everyone...there are good and bad people out there and it goes on all ages. Reading all the stories here made me smile and cry.
And also agree we need to be really aware of our surroundings you really never know. I for one tend to put my phone down after scanning a product when I go to shoprite now that they have a mobile scanning and one erson pointed it out to me to not just leave it on top part of the cart..and the wallet is one of those has the phone part and areas where I can store my ID and credit cards. Glad you all had a good ending as some may not be as lucky! Have a great weekend all!

momOf2 momOf2
Feb '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.