Tis' the season for Huge Pot Holes...

I guess the best option is to call DPW but then I thought why not list em here and DPW will have a nice tidy rundown. I'll start:

The entrance to the HHS drop off lane....4 or five bigguns.
Also Mountain Ave around Dunkin Donuts.

Hipster Hipster
Feb '18

The entire state of NJ.

Jesse341 Jesse341
Feb '18

Too bad everything you listed isnt a town road. But for the fun of playing games the viaduct on route 46 in Independence.

Roll Tide
Feb '18

Is Mountain Ave state road?

They are so dangerous especially when driving fast and the you either swerve to miss them or mess up your tires if you’re not quick enough.

HtownGirl
Feb '18

Mountain Ave. (182) is a state road.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_Route_182

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '18

I hit a beauty on Johnson road near 46 in independence tonight.

Fishmaker1
Feb '18

About a dozen “patched” potholes on Johnson/46 end

kepa
Feb '18

I've watched them pour asphalt then not pound it down sometimes...why bother then...so frigging lazy..if they do read this DONT BE LAZY AND NOT POUND IT IN!

Itiswhatitis
Feb '18

Heads up Allamuchy DWP. Catswamp Rd needs some serious attention with pothole filling in both directions. From the "red barn" at your Independence Twp border on up the hill up to 517.

Lenny_Rock Lenny_Rock
Feb '18

Cold patch asphalt is not poured and does not need to be pounded down... Traffic driving over it will compact it... itiswhatitis you apparently have no idea what you are talking about!!! Some advice before u call people lazy know what u are talking about first!!! Probably on a high traffic road trying to avoid a dangerous traffic situation!!

Mr. Tone Mr. Tone
Feb '18

They filled the potholes on Catswamp Road yesterday

Catswamp Resident
Feb '18

So glad they manipulated the gas tax and sales tax to fix the roads.

I've seen them pound it in winter before...at least fill it more it seems to settle quickly!

Itiswhatitis
Feb '18

Maybe they are reading this thread two of yesterday's posts were taken care of already. Thanks DPW! Johnson was clean sailing this evening.

Fishmaker1
Feb '18

I don't see any money for Hackettstown. In case you hate pdf downloads, the link to line items is a pdf!

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/02/heres_why_youre_paying_more_at_the_gas_pump.html#incart_river_mobileshort_index

maja2 maja2
Feb '18

nykums store . absolutely ridiculous

meadows oldtimer
Feb '18

Re: Tis' the season for Huge Pot Holes...

Once again the potholes are out of control. I have reported several. Here's the link to report them.

https://www.state.nj.us/transportation/commuter/potholeform.shtm

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

Remember, we pay higher prices at the pumps to fund road repairs. All NJ roads should be smooth as glass. Yeah right.

Steve Steve
Mar '19

Many years ago, I learned a trick to getting potholes fixed quickly. It may seem silly, but it actually worked--EVERY time I did it or knew someone else did it, the pothole was fixed within a couple of days. And it has worked in multiple towns in multiple states. And it's actually very simple--we would go out at night with a can of white spray paint, and we'd paint a white box around the potholes.

WHY did it work? I have no idea. But somehow, it always managed to get the right people to take notice. It also probably served to warn a few drivers, too, until the potholes were fixed.

Admittedly, I haven't done it in a while, so maybe it doesn't work as it once did. And, of course, it's probably against the law, so I can't actually recommend doing it. This post is strictly for . . . *ahem* . . . "informational purposes."

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Mar '19

Rt57 East near the Franklin Twp Municipal Bldg. in Broadway NJ

Thanks Calico, just reported mine.

They’re repairing them now on 57 by the Tech School!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Mar '19

I have no idea why they are filling them before winter is over. The next time a snowplow goes over them they are going to come up. I suppose the bigguns need filling but the tiny ones won’t survive the snowplows.

Consigliere
Mar '19

NO MORE SNOW PLOWS THIS SEASON!!!! ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.