Street lamp light bulbs out along Main Street and Route 46

I was surprised to see that almost one-third of all of our street lamps along Main Street and Route 46 are not lighting up at night time. Is there a reason why they are not being maintained, or did no one else notice?

people have to report the number on the poles to the utility company

4catmom 4catmom
Jan '18

It Has been like that in Great Meadows also.

Ok. Where on the poles did they paint the numbers, and who is the utility company I need to call?

hi, usually there is a metal tag, with the numbers of the poles on them

AJ Moore AJ Moore
Jan '18

the street lights on main street are there for public safety now what dept in town is in charge of public safety iWOUNDER if they turn a work order to the proper dept to do the repair and they don't do the repair is it there fault or is it the fault of the mayors office but they may be long out of town befor the lights come on at night could that be it or may be the general public do not know how to read the address to say that the light is out to the right or left or infront of xxxmain street may be a blue ribbon study of say 10,000 dollars needs tobe done as to changing a light bulb

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jan '18

It's to save money so people who complain of being overtaxed can now relax. For a few bucks one can buy a lighted headlamp which can help those who cannot see in these dark spaces. They really work well.

Dodgeball Dodgeball
Jan '18

There was a point in time / say a few years ago, where the towns streetlamps were purposely turned off; due to the fact, they were not needed because of cost (s) and energy savings.
Remember, the grid that services this area, is circa 1952 in some areas, and 1965 in a more recent new housing / business area.
And maybe there is a plan to install energy efficient lighting in the near future?

Now that natural gas is so plentiful, costs may be coming down, and power generation may be less costly for everyone. The only thing left, would be to expand the savings into more modern maintenance and grid upkeep and change.

Embryodad Embryodad
Jan '18

The town maintains the lights . I would call them and find out why they aren’t being maintained

Kevin Kevin
Jan '18

Call me crazy...but isn't it the towns job to report the lights being out. God knows I'm sure it's included in the taxes I continue to pay...

NoWay
Jan '18

Report Streetlight Outage
Is there a streetlight out in your neighborhood? If you’re a PSE&G electric customer, you can report a streetlight through My Account. Log In or register now, or call us at
1-800-436-7734.

If you are not a PSE&G electric customer, please contact the utility that provides your electric service.

Important Note: The pole number (found on the metal tag on pole), street name, nearest cross street, and “in front of address” are needed to help us locate and complete the repair.

4catmom 4catmom
Jan '18

PSE&G has absolutely nothing to do with Hackettstown

Bug3
Jan '18

https://www.firstenergycorp.com/content/customer/service_requests/report-lighting-problem.html

ianimal ianimal
Jan '18

There are SO many! And it's hard to see the tag in the dark! Lol!! I'll bring a flashlight and try to get a few tonight.
Maybe some people here can also report a few, and post where on this forum.
Any help will be appreciated! :)

The lights that are out are the short stand alone street lights..roughly 12 ft high..they are not on telephone poles so there is no identification number to look for...someone needs to call the town and ask why

Bug3
Jan '18

I saw 2 DPW Guys fixing one this morning on the way to work.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.