Suggestions for cleaning drapes

Does anyone have any suggestions for cleaning drapes besides spending a lot of money to have them dry cleaned?

Tigerfan Tigerfan
Jan '18

If they're just dusty and not really "dirty", you can take them down & fluff them in the dryer to get the dust off.

PT123 PT123
Jan '18

Spray with Oxiclean then hand wash.

You could put them in the dryer along with a damp towel and fluff them clean. Hang them up and even spray a little febreze fabric refresher on them.

justwondering justwondering
Jan '18

Dryel dry cleaning sheets for your dryer. I have tried this product for jackets that don't need a full cleaning. Might work for you if they just need to get the dust off and freshening.

Peggy C. Peggy C.
Jan '18

Bought mine in 1991 from JCPenneys. They are washable and still look great.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
Jan '18

Re: Suggestions for cleaning drapes

This is it.

Peggy C. Peggy C.
Jan '18

Would this work for an old comforter ( goose down filled ) ?

Keep dryer on low heat ?

Steven Steven
Jan '18

We wash the comforters - yes to low heat - medium water

4catmom 4catmom
Jan '18

Been sleepin in comforters all my life and have figured how to buy really good ones and double their useful life. To really stretch a good one, when it starts to get ratty (as in ready for some quilt patches) I grab two nice sheets, perhaps flannel, and make a huge pillow case by sewing three sides. Slide the comforter in, put a good number of yarn pulls though the middle to keep the comforter in place, sew up the fourth side and voila --- brand new comforter or old one with life extension.

Or put two of them in for a double-fill.

How about cleaning drapes, really long ones, that must be dry cleaned. They are like a Satin or Taffeta fabric and certainly can not go in a washer but I would never take them to just a dry cleaner. Any references to a dry cleaner who can handle 9 ft. drapes?

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jan '18

sd ,

call service master, see what they would suggest .

Steven Steven
Jan '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.