Working at M&M Mars

Does anyone have any information on what it is like to work for Mars Corp. I've always been super interested in working for the company and wanted to see if anyone has any information regarding what it's like there. Many people in my family is and have worked in the factory part but I am looking for details regarding the corporate/sales side of the company as I have a Bachelor's Degree is Business Management.

Brian L Brian L
Jan '18

Your family would be the best place to ask

Bug3
Jan '18

The sales side are all relocating to the office in Newark NJ. I think The deadline is 2020

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
Jan '18

Brian ask Aunt Karen I'm sure she knows people.

Irisheyes
Jan '18

I've heard from two different people who worked on the corporate side of things that it's a very strict work environment.

If you don’t mind not having a life with less than average pay and moving to Newark in the future then it’d be a good fit. You will work 14 hour days most days and not get any recognition.

I’ve heard horror stories from people in the business side and the factory side. My husband was offered a job there years ago; he nearly took it Bc the money was good; then his former coworker, who had taken a job there just before him, quit in disgust. Luckily, my husband was offered another position for even better pay.

WomanUpSon WomanUpSon
Jan '18

A friend of mine worked there years ago. He hated it.

Metsman Metsman
Jan '18

dont listen to all the bs, been there 18 years,a great company, they've been in buisness for over 100years, do you think they would have lasted that long if it was all that horrible. The largest employer in warren county. You just have to follow the rules like any where else.

Check out the reviews on Glassdoor.com. Personally, I know someone who is very happy working there. However, what I have heard about the environment and some of the rules I know that for me it is not a good fit for my style. You need to take anything you hear about any employer with a grain of salt and evaluate it based on your personal value system and working style. We're all different and while some people thrive in a relaxed environment / others do their best work with more structure. To each their own!

somechik somechik
Jan '18

I guess if you are looking for a new job, you may want to try one of these 49 other companies first!!!

http://fortune.com/best-companies/list

Dadof3
Jan '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.