Mt Olive Sams club closing

IMPORTANT: I was just informed that as of today, SAMS CLUB, Mount Olive is closed for good due to a business decision of the company. The pharmacy will remain open thru the 27th.

Go Green Go Green
Jan '18

Here is a link to the article in the Long Valley Patch

https://patch.com/new-jersey/longvalley/sams-club-mount-olive-closes-its-doors

Mrs. Resident Mrs. Resident
Jan '18

I don't use the club stores, but it is too bad. Used Sams in the past, especially for tires. #thanksAmazon

maja2 maja2
Jan '18

Shocked to see this. Shopping here has been a weekly routine.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Jan '18

Apparently it was not just mount Olive. Other locations have closed around the country. They gave no notice to employees and just told them all today they were laid off

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Jan '18

Are they refunding membership fees?

Hot Under the Collar
Jan '18

Nine locations closed today. Sam's Club employees at locations in Houston; Memphis; Indianapolis; Goshen, Indiana; West Ellicott, New York; Henrietta, New York; Greece, New York; and Mount Olive, New Jersey; were all notified Thursday of store closings.

College View Crew College View Crew
Jan '18

This is terrible for the Mount Olive community. I feel horrible for all those employees who just lost their jobs this morning with literally no notice. I really hope the mayor and the town officials can help drum up new business for our area.

The amount of insane people screaming for Whole Foods, Wegmans and Trader Joe's in its place are astonishing. Give it up people, never going to happen.

Tracy Tracy
Jan '18

Wegmans or Trader Joe’s would be nice though.

Bessie Bessie
Jan '18

I wonder what Sam's Club's position is on refunding unused memberships. I just renewed mine in December, and without a Sam's Club in the area, I'd like 9/12 of my membership fee returned.

TownFriend
Jan '18

The have a 100% membership guarantee. You should be able to receive 100% back on your current years membership if you're unhappy for any reason according to their website.

Sam's membership is 100% guaranteed. As far as I know, you have to go to an actual club to get a refund. So if you get to Easton, Allentown, Secaucus, or another club before your membership expires, you will be refunded the full amount.

Andrew's Mom Andrew's Mom
Jan '18

Friend at work renewed in November and just had full membership refunded. They told him they are offering to extend memberships for 6 months since it can be used at other stores. He explained it wasn’t convenient for him and they refunded his payment. The woman also told him they’re trying to find jobs in other stores for Sams Cub employees.

Bessie Bessie
Jan '18

They will probably get jobs at all the local walmarts

Bug3
Jan '18

And so it begins....Everyone feels so strongly that the minimum wage should be a living wage, and do everything in their power to re-invent the wheel. Well Walmart..who owns Sam's Club is raising their minimum wage to $11 and in turn all these people are now losing their jobs...Direct correlation. In turn Mt. Olive losing the tax revenue. Next thing will be everyone who wanted the minimum wage increased, complaining that either people are losing jobs, or the price of goods is increasing....Careful what you wish for I guess. Can't have your cake and eat it to. For all of you liberals out there supporting these nonsensical changes, please make sure you are not the same ones running your mouth about how awful it is for these people to lose jobs, or how it is so expensive to go shopping. It's only going to get worse....Keep it up you filthy democrats!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

jolly rodger jolly rodger
Jan '18

The Mt. Olive club has always been a "C" club. It hasn't hit it's budget in years and there hasn't been a significant growth in membership. The rumor mill has had the club closing for at least 3 years now.

Andrew's Mom Andrew's Mom
Jan '18

Jolly Roger a liveable wage is not a republican, liberal, conservative or democratic issue. It is merely what it is. A liveable wage...........................................needed to live meagerly I might add almost any where in the USA. Before you go bonkers you should try living on $11.00 per hour here in NJ.

You'll get a full year membership by filling out a form on their website.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/pagedetails/content.jsp?pageName=update-membership

jrsemom jrsemom
Jan '18

http://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-suddenly-closes-sams-club-stores-2018-1

Mine in NC closed too

Skippy Skippy
Jan '18

Minimum wage jobs are not meant for people to live on. These jobs are meant for teenagers, college students, retirees and others looking to pick up a few extra dollars working part time.

People who want to earn a living wage, need to get a degree or learn a trade. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '18

For those who think companies should provide notice, you're out of touch with reality. I got laid off from a company 9 years that didn't give me any notice. They gave me a severance package and I was on my way. Then at the end of 2013 the company I worked for closed down their NJ office. We were given 6 months notice but I still couldn't find a job for over a year from that point. After my severance and unemployment ran out I was forced to take an $8.75 per hour job until I found the job I'm currently at. So I'm not sure what notice is really going to do for you.

As far as hiking up minimum wage to $15 per hour or whatever it was suggested... Cost of goods will rise and companies will let people go. You'll see places like McDonald's become more innovative and use machines to prepare food that one person can attend to and kiosks to order food. People need to stop being lazy and go to school or learn a trade. If you think Walmart or any other retail place is supposed to provide a livable wage then you're asking too much. Those are good jobs for students, retirees, or people who have a spouse with a great job who just want extra cash. They're not meant to be careers.

Metsman Metsman
Jan '18

Haha Calico beat me to it.

Metsman Metsman
Jan '18

LOL Metsman.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '18

jolly rodger is so right. Minimum wage jobs are intended for entry level jobs. No one can expect to support a family with a minimum wage job. Again careful what you wish for.

noreaster noreaster
Jan '18

Go to.....

help.samsclub.com

Then go to live chat.
They will send a check in 6 weeks

I would not be trying to live off 11.00 an hour. If my only job was one at $11.00 an hour I would be working more than one job to make up the difference for starters. Two I would not be living off $11.00 as I would be doing everything in my power to better myself and get to a point where I am earning a livable wage.

It is a political issue, as those who are liberal feel sorry for those not able to "live" off minimum wage, so they are advocating for it's increase. Whereas others look at it as an entry level wage an people should be held accountable for themselves to better their lives. rather we live in a society where no one is accountable and people will just wait it out for the handouts. Why bother furthering education, or picking up a trade that will allow you to earn more, or being motivated to work your way up through hard work and dedication from said entry level position. All things are possible with hard work, not with hand outs. Handouts are creating nothing but issues for society as a whole! Keep up the good work liberal USA.

Jan '18

According to CBS, Sam's Club is closing 260 of their 650 stores. The average store has approx 175 employees, so a total of about 45,000 jobs.

kb2755 kb2755
Jan '18

I agree that minimum wage jobs are not meant to be a living wage. You make a living wage the old fashioned way- you earn it. It sucks though that there’s probably more minimum wage jobs than living wage jobs. Probably need another thread (was there one in the past) on this topic.

In any case, I’m sorry these folks lost their jobs with such short notice. And it does make a difference that it was in both peace of mind and ability to pay their bills. Even if they got a job the same day they lost this one it takes a few weeks to get that first paycheck. Not fair.

So BJ's or Costco?

Randall
Jan '18

Minimum wage will increase at Walmart, and you will see prices increase to make up the difference in wages paid, next you will see downsizing the labor force at Walmart to allow the company to make profits, and keep the senior teams pockets lined come bonus time.

No one....i mean no one with common sense can think for one second that the minimum wage increase is a smart idea that will make positive change.

And to think about the uproar when stores starting going to self checkouts, and other automated processes, and all the jobs they would take. Well you have now given all companies more incentive to automate processes and remove the need for humans who are earning more than they are worth. The companies will just have no need to hire at all....to all in support of increased minimum wage.....GREAT JOB!!! WELL DONE!!!

Jan '18

Wait I thought this Corp tax reform was going to safe jobs in America?

Njlawyer Njlawyer
Jan '18

The live chat takes forever.

Many of you maybe be surprised to know that many people work one job and or multiple jobs earning just $11.00 per hour. Many employers do not hire full time workers and rely on part time workers simply not to provide health care benefits or just pay a minimum wage. Check the facts sadly it is true.

I know loads of people with college educations and degrees who still find it hard finding a job. And Unfortunately, not everyone can afford the high cost of furthering their education. It’s very easy for people who can afford it to talk. And yes there are student loans but how many are getting paid back. And is a student loan to help further your education a hand out too?
Also, with all the store closings in the past there was no increase in the minimum wage so why is this any different. Seems like it has more to do with amount of people going to this location to make it financially worth keeping it open. Why bring politics into it
at all ?

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Jan '18

since when does learning a trade or going to college mean you will earn a living wage?

scottso scottso
Jan '18

A student loan is a loan...certainly not a handout. Grants and scholarships are awarded to those who qualify.

positive positive
Jan '18

We have the easiest path of upward mobility of any people in human history. In fact, if you're poor or a minority, you could even argue that it's even easier (grants, scholarships, cheaper loans, lower bar for college entry, etc).

Consigliere
Jan '18

You can get a full refund by calling 1-888-746-7726. I did it and they told me I will get a check in the mail and 4 to 6 weeks. I had just renewed my membership in November

Laura Laura
Jan '18

Soak up knowledge when you get your free education..... apply yourself. Those jobs should not be highpaying.

4real
Jan '18

I also know some people who have been laid of from their jobs, where they were making a great salary. The same people have not had a job for over 4 years now because they refuse to take a job making anything less than what they were making before they were laid off. Unfortunately, they have decided it is better to have no job than to make anything less, when that is an unrealistic expectation.

Bottom line is where there is a will there is a way, and for those with no will there is no way.

I personally have been met with my fair share of adversity, however I have not let that adversity hold me down, while having an expectation that I am owed anything. There was a time where I could not even get a job at Walmart stocking shelves. At that moment I realized I had to do something, and I decided to head into trade work, with no experience, searching for company's that would train on the job. I found that trade job, all to be let go some 6 months later. So again I was looking for work, and was given an opportunity at an entry level position. Some many years later, through hard work, dedication I have jumped the ladder and hold a great position within the same organization. No one handed me anything, I was given an opportunity and I took that opportunity and made every thing out of it.

I am so sick of hearing people saying how hard this is and how hard that is. There is always a place for those who work hard and prove themselves, and while it could take many years to get to that point of success, if that will exists within than it is absolutely within reach for anyone.

Jan '18

Jono,
Part of the reason for the part time push is the insurance coverage mandate for employers (I don't believe that has been repealed, yet). While I think every company SHOULD offer full benefits to all their full-time employees, that is something that is between the employee and the employer. Let companies offer full-time jobs without the mandatory health insurance coverage and you will see more full-time jobs.

jnnjr jnnjr
Jan '18

"since when does learning a trade or going to college mean you will earn a living wage?"

The people I know that do not make a living wage only have a high school diploma, and some actually don't even have that.

However I do know people that earn a living wage with only a high school diploma. But these are people that have been working for the same company for many years and got in at entry level and moved up. Some have gone to school or training part-time while employed there. Some even were reimbursed for their educational expenses by their employer.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '18

Now I'm worried about my job. Ugh!l
When companies raise pay, they seem to lay off employees. This sucks.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Jan '18

Anyone who says they can't afford to go to school is living in denial. Start out at a county college. In county rates you could go to school FT for a couple of thousand a semester. Grants and federal stafford loans would cover it all and leave you with extra money. My son is out of county attending CCM and it's almost double in tuition and his grants, stafford loans, and the money he is getting to play baseball covers it all.

Metsman Metsman
Jan '18

Jobs are being created everyday. These people will move onto other jobs.

If you watch ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSLSD (MSNBC), PBS, etc.; you may not be aware of this, but we are in the process of Making America Great Again! #MAGA

It's morning again in America! People are getting better jobs, buying homes and starting new businesses. Why would we ever want to return to those eight (8) years of stagnating misery known as the "Obama Administration".

Enrich yourselves!!!

Really
Jan '18

Metsman-doesnt he have to repay the Stafford loans?

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Jan '18

Sam's Club parking lot is always empty , nearby Walmart parking lot is not .That's not too hard to figure out . I'm sure all those jobless people will get high paying job's in coal mines , steel mills , and building the wall like the Covfefe in Chief promised !

realitycheek realitycheek
Jan '18

Yeah... I believe 6 months after he's done with school he'll have to start repaying them. It's worth it in the long run if he gets a decent paying job. I had stafford loans to pay back when I went to school. It didn't break the bank.

Metsman Metsman
Jan '18

jnnjr, sounds like you have health insurance as I do. Why not affordable health insurance for those who do not. Make employers contribute. Remember we pay one way or the other in the end. Those without health insurance will show up for care in the emergency room and cannot be turned away. HRMC a small hospital writes off over $1M plus annually to care for the uninsured.

I also started out my career with just a Mechanical Drafting certification and worked my way up. Now my job title is Mechanical Design Engineer because I actually worked my way up doing something I had talent in. Normally you need a 4 year degree for that title. You have to have initiative. Good jobs aren't just handed to you.

Metsman Metsman
Jan '18

Cancelled my membership on the phone ,it was renewed in September 2017 and I’m getting back the full price paid . It will take 6 weeks ....

Re: Mt Olive Sams club closing

All aboard the Covfefe Express! Next station stop 5% GDP growth! Choo choo!

Really
Jan '18

"Minimum wage jobs are not meant for people to live on. "

Actually, the concept of a minimum wage WAS supposed to mean that you could live on it. The problem is that it has not kept up with inflation. If it did, it would be livable.

For some reason, everyone wants to be well-paid but they don't want other people to be paid well for the services that they provide.

Now, do I think you should be able to support a family of four on one min wage job? No. But you shouldn't be starving either with min wage.

emaxxman emaxxman
Jan '18

It's called MAGAnomics! Wealth, peace and prosperity.

As opposed to Obamanomics, which is dystopia or shared misery.

Jobs are being created and coming back to the USA!

Really
Jan '18

Yeah that's what is going to happen . Are you eating Peanut Budda Buddha Candy by any chance ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZJtcEzRApM

realitycheek realitycheek
Jan '18

If the minimum wage is not meant to be a liveable wage, Why was the minimum wage once more than enough to support a family of four? Hmm?

btownguy btownguy
Jan '18

Hundreds are losing their jobs at the Carrier plant trump and pence swore to save. Jobs moving to Mexico. trump and pence are powerless and useless in preventing this setback. They had almost a year to fix it and did nothing.

Will these laid off carrier workers be great anytime soon? So much for that trickle down prosperity trump talks about. If you are wealthy trump is good for you. Most middle class people will get hurt especially after their brief tax break gives way to increases.

Minimum wage was NEVER enough to raise a family of four, nor was it ever MEANT to for that purpose. Look up WHY the minimum wage was established in 1938. The minimum wage was set at .25 cents; that would equal only $8.75 per week -- even in 1938 that was not enough to raise a family of four. The average, blue collar workers salary in 1938 was $33.00 per week. My grandfather was a window frame maker back in the late 1930"s and according to his ledgers he made $43.00 - $45.00 per week as a laborer, way more than the minimum wage of $8.75 per week!.

Heidi Heidi
Jan '18

So Jono
What exactly do you expect Trump to do?

Bug3
Jan '18

Please don't feed the trolls. Who hasn't grown up enough to be able to avoid politicizing a change in business??

The biggest competition of Sam's is Walmart. I had seen two years ago that many of the big ticket items were as cheap or even cheaper at Walmart. Ever since they decided to ship Walmart to Walmart, the big distribution centers aren't necessary. That's all that Sam's is - a distribution center open to the public. That was a great idea to allow customers to buy right from the warehouse. But now that each Walmart store has been turned into a warehouse via software accuracy, there's no need for intermediary locations. Go direct.

再见 Zàijiàn Sam's Club, I won't miss a store that I never patronized. Walmart is the malignant Cancer of Capitalism. This was phase 4. First phase force small mom and pop's and privately owned businesses to go bankrupt when they are unable to compete, and then they have to fire their employees, and close down unique shops. Phase 2 force small manufacturers to shut plants and factories because they can't produce the products at the prices Walmart demands, and that they get from their Chinese partners who pay slave wages. Phase 3 pay your own employees slave wages so the taxpayers can subsidize their benefits, and health care. Phase 4 shut down stores with no notice to the workers because you don't like the "way it looks in your portfolio."Walmart is the prime example of corporate greed that creates the income gap, and homogenized this country into one big corporate sprawl.

From their twitter account "After a thorough review of our existing portfolio, we’ve decided to close a series of clubs and better align our locations with our strategy."

Denis Denis
Jan '18

bug3 trump will not do anything ( unless he is shamed into it ) because he is a liar who deliberately mislead those unfortunate Carrier workers to get their votes.

You know I’m a trump fan but the man does not have a shame function

Skippy Skippy
Jan '18

The store's closing has very little to do with Walmart moving to $11.00 an hour; just like having a lot of part time workers had nothing to do with ACA. The plain & simple truth is that the owners want to make a certain profit and that profit will always come above their workers. Walmart has always been really bad on pay & benefits (before Obama & Trump) which is why they launched their PR campaign last year. It would be great if they use a small portion of the billions of tax savings for severance but I doubt they will.

It's not the Democrats. Even College graduates are having a hard time getting full-time job because companies are only hiring part-time so they don't have to pay benefits. College people have debt to pay so college is not always the answer. Trump is not a very good president he says he's going to keep business in the United States but how can that be when all of his merchandise and as hats are from China. Honestly Trump is a disgrace to the United States and in Big Bear assessment from other countries. College doesn't fix everything and give good people good jobs and pay. Things have to change company should hire full-time like the old days and give out benefits so people don't have to struggle. Trump is not going to be very helpful he's getting the rich people richer with his tax scam and the poor and middle class he's basically saying f*** you too. So those who say that Trump is a good president and helping with the job market and all is uneducated where is in denial

Proud liberal Proud liberal
Jan '18

Just heard Trump asking why people from Haiti and other parts of Africa are coming over this country instead of people from Norway. He also called those countries s hole countries. I'm sorry but that is unacceptable for the leader of the United States to be saying that and if people still support him after the hearing this comment then I really wonder where your morals and logic are

Proud liberal Proud liberal
Jan '18

I hope this doesn't impact all the other businesses located in the plaza where the chinese buffet used to be.
This location was bustling back in the day. I knew something was up when Staples vacated as I owned a franchise store a few doors down for years. It was one of my highest volume store. It happens to still be there today.

The location went through many landlord issues, as well as going into court receivership for a while. I suppose after the lease was up Sams club felt uneasy about renewing this particular location. Of course this is all just a speculation as those lease agreement usually are long term. Wish everyone nearby best of luck.

definlife definlife
Jan '18

Walmart has been going down this path since Reagan was president. I'm not defending Trump, or vilifying him, but to try and put any blame for this at his feet is ludicrous. This is about unchecked corporate greed, and the complicit politicians on both sides of the aisles. Another thread ready to jump the rails.

Denis Denis
Jan '18

Proud liberal,

Explain to me please how California got into the financial straits they have been in....long before Trump..

Steven Steven
Jan '18

Lets not forget that lots of people lost their full time jobs when obama care went into effect. Not all companies can afford healthcare for their employees. Also, how much money the middle class lost when their premiums skyrocketed and their deductibles went up. We were seriously effected by Obamacare.Obama care also had a negative effect on small businesses.

Jesse341 Jesse341
Jan '18

Proud Liberal if you get a useless degree I can see how it would be a struggle.

When you start seeing more in your paycheck next month tell me again how it's a scam for the middle class. Unless you are paying property taxes well north of $10K it's not going to hurt you. Stop listening to Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer... The people who have money in this state are the ones getting hurt.

As far as what Trump MAY have said about countries like Haiti... He isn't wrong. Why do we want more people coming here collecting a government check... People who come here need to be a benefit to our economy not be a drag. People like you are too PC conscious. The guy says how it is and peoples feelings get hurt. OH WELL....

Metsman Metsman
Jan '18

9,500 workers affected.

Best wishes to Jim, the Vietnam veteran, who greeted shoppers at the entrance; and to JJ that checked the receipts with a smile on the way out. This at Mt. Olive.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Jan '18

This is ALL TRUMP and the republicans fault. He was going to be the greatest jobs president we have ever seen. Great job trump....his uneducated base will try to blame President Obama and Hillary Clinton for this...morons

Happy man Happy man
Jan '18

Happy man the only people at fault are the people dumb enough to work at these places thinking they're an actual career. This isn't anything new. Kmart closed down a year or two ago too. You gonna blame Trump and the Republicans for that too?

Metsman Metsman
Jan '18

In related news, Mayor Greenbaum has initiated a job fair hosted by Mountain Top Church on Wednesday, January 17th from 10-2 to help those affected by the Sam's Club closing. A lot of local businesses have reached out with support to help these people find new jobs.

Can we MAYBE keep the political crap out of every single damn post on this forum?

Tracy Tracy
Jan '18

Of course he touted himself as the greatest jobs president god ever saw. Macy’s, JC Penny’s, dress barn, Sears, Walmart, Sams club, Subways etc all closing stores. Never mind Carrier THE company he claimed was keeping jobs cause of him in America left. Maybe we can employ all these people in factories to make his MAGA hats, and Ivankas clothing line here. Oh wait never mind they are all being made oversees.

Happy man Happy man
Jan '18

@Happy Man, the decline of major department stores has been going on for well over a decade. Unless you you want to make online shopping illegal that will continue, regardless of who's president. No one can wave a magic wand and make Sears , J.C. Penny ect.relevant again. If you want to deal in reality the unemployment rate was 4.8 when he took office, it's now 4.1

Denis Denis
Jan '18

I just want to know if Sams will be having a liquidation sale...

Really??? Really???
Jan '18

To cancel your membership & get a refund just call the number on your card. I did it this morning. It was super easy.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Jan '18

BJs to laid off Sam's Club workers -"Come on over we are hiring." Sounds mighty nice of them .

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/01/bjs_offering_jobs_to_laid_off_sams_club_employees.html

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jan '18

As everyone knows the US economy is huge and doses not turn on a dime barring melt downs like in 07/08. Most economists are in agreement that much of what we enjoy today is still Obama's work especially in the 1st half of 17. Since the summer economic performance is increasingly on Trump's watch and it's been good. Hopefully for everyone's benefit it will continue however many leading indicators point to a slow down and even a correction. Let's see what happens then and how Trump responds because that change will occur solely on his watch. Believe it or not and putting politics aside that is how our economy works.

jono,

You are correct , we know who has no concept of a true government structure .

They have delusion's of "socialism like" gifting to all for doing nothing

Steven Steven
Jan '18

Typical republican responses here...blame the poor for their lot in life. If only they had the will to succeed, etc...got news for you. There aren't enough high paying jobs in this country for everyone who wants one and has the willpower to aim higher. More will be lost due to automation (ie: why coal miners jobs won't be coming back). And let's not forget...many of the people working minimum wage jobs voted for Trump, so everyone here crying about low wage earners being lazy...you're dumping on your own people. Here's to hoping your life may always go smooth and your willpower to succeed is enough to keep you from ever having to rely on a minimum wage job to pay the bills. For such a group of good Christian republicans, Hackettstown sure lacks in compassion.

Eperot Eperot
Jan '18

Jono, agreed. But there are a lot of things on the business side that have been more positive for the last year specifically. For instance

https://www.nfib.com/surveys/small-business-economic-trends/

IMO it's just a bigger bubble waiting to pop though. Underlying economic systems supported by debt kinda forces the outcome.

Justintime Justintime
Jan '18

The concept of "retail" is changing. No brick and mortar can be considered to be persistent in the long run.

Does anyone know what hours they are open to get to the pharmacy, that is supposed to be open until 1/27/2018? I have already paid for contacts in the Optical Department (so they have my money AND my product). I tried to stop by yesterday but they were closed due to the power outage, and this morning they were just closed. I tried to call the local Budd Lake # and it was automatically routed to their toll free line. The representative I got kept repeating to call the local club to get their hours - it was a VERY frustrating call because she wasn't getting it that they are permanently closed and I got her even though I dialed the local number. If anyone has heard anything about the hours to get in for the pharmacy, I would appreciate it.

MO H'town MO H'town
Jan '18

Call Sam's optical Allentown 610-266-7404 ask for Annie she will be going to Mt Olive to clean up. I believe they will transfer pre purchased items to the Walmart ITC Optical.

Bernie Bernie
Jan '18

Retail is reverting back to a modern version of the catalogue stores from the 1800's...It's kinda ironic that Sears and JC penny's both started as catalogues and are now getting hammered by Amazon

Bug3
Jan '18

Not sure if theres Costco there now

https://citicards.citi.com/usc/Costco/Membership/2017/Q2/default.htm?BT_TX=1&ProspectID=8F95D9B9D9404F919E870B6D841E473F

You can get $10 immediate gift card for a new membership

Skippy Skippy
Jan '18

Thank you Bernie! I will try that if I still cannot get in tomorrow.

MO H'town MO H'town
Jan '18

I went by again today. It was locked up. The sign said the pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 10am-6pm, last day 1/26/2018. Since I have contact lenses in the Optical department, I called the Flanders Walmart Optical department. The kind gentleman who answered the phone confirmed that all the optical stuff is being transferred to their store, but he did not know when. He said calls will go out once the items are logged in at Walmart. Hope this helps anyone else in this situation.

MO H'town MO H'town
Jan '18

I really enjoyed shopping at the Mt. Olive Sam’s Club. The staff really seemed to take pride in their store. I wish each and every one of the good folks there all the best! Wonder if they can pursue any litigation for WARN or any other workplace violations?

Too bad corporate greed had to ruin a good thing. Well, membership will be cancelled and I can only hope that somewhere I’ve taken money out of the pocket from some undeserving exec.

PurposedPorpoise PurposedPorpoise
Jan '18

Wow....wondering if they can get on band wagon to come up with some workplace violations for litigation... corporate greed...Yes, the closing much like was it Charlie Browns's a couple years ago ? Workers will get a severence pay...Want to hate Walmart Corp.. sure go ahead. And if they said well we have enough money let's just lock every Walmart and Business we own up...let everyone go... everyone hates us....And that effects how many ?

@ porpoise, Sam's club was built on the foundation corporate greed, and the loss of many American jobs, nothing new.

@ Jo "And if they said well we have enough money let's just lock every Walmart and Business we own up...let everyone go" Sounds good to me.

Denis Denis
Jan '18

I cancelled my Sams Membership last night. Yet ANOTHER empty retail building. Sad...

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Jan '18

http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2018/02/more_than_500_were_laid_off_when_3_sams_clubs_clos.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Feb '18

But the tax-plan funded bonuses make all worth it! Winning! (sarcasm)

emaxxman emaxxman
Feb '18

Ummm the people are getting THEIR money back not a gift from the Government

Bug3
Feb '18

While the government borrows even more money to pay for their increased spending? You're right... it's not a gift, it's a mail bomb in a pretty package. Our children will be the ones that have to open it.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '18

We all forget the government can print money...And has been for a very long time..their debt is not like personal or corporate debt...the private banks that own the federal reserve have been making out like bandits for generations

Bug3
Feb '18

Amazon is amazing and we use chewy for all pet stuff that just arrives on a schedule

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Feb '18

I had two weeks left on my membership and a $30 credit (based on purchases). I called about the credit and just received a $100 check from Sam's, $70 for the membership fee and, $30 credit.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Feb '18

Got my check yesterday

Skippy Skippy
Feb '18

Got my $100 refund check on Saturday too.

jrsemom jrsemom
Feb '18

We also got our check last week, and our membership was just about due for renewal.

Tracy Tracy
Feb '18

Just curious, what year did that Mt Olive Sam's Club open?

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Feb '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.