Hope Dunkin Donuts

Just FYI that it exists in the old bank building across Rt 80 by Tramountain Harley Davidson. Pretty amazing that after a number of failed businesses and casual restaurants, this guy opens up and they are streaming in. And they don't even make the donuts there!!! (they do make the other stuff).

EZ drive through (like a bank's without the tubes), very nice accommodations inside (like a bank....) and always a nice stream of people coming in hopefully keeping those donuts moving and fresh.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Dec '17

The chains seem to do very well out here.

Image that a donut shop doing well next door to a State Police Barracks.

Agust Agust
Dec '17

It is a nice Shop. Very Clean.

Remember that the residents of Hope, Knowlton and Blairstown have no Dunkin's around.

High school kids and parents love it.

Plus, easy on - easy off Rt. 80.

Probably the Troopers go there, too.

mom with kids mom with kids
Dec '17

Heh, heh. Agust.... There streamin on from 80e, 80w, hope, blairstown and even the west side of h-town. Guy must shiver at how smart he is :-$

Well, congrats and enjoy the upscale digs whilst still brandy new.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Dec '17

brand new? this has been a dunkin donuts for almost 2 years

kepa
Dec '17

Stranger danger, where have you been the last couple of years, in a cave? That place has been there. And before Dunkin Donuts it was The Mediterrian restaurant which also was packed on a regular basis. Only reason the restaurant closed was because Millie, one of the owners wanted to retire.

Tigerfan Tigerfan
Dec '17

Always thought a D&D or Quick Check would do awesome there. Before D&D there was a hot dog place that obviously didn't do well. Grew up a little over a mile away. There's currently a proposal to put in a gas station across Hope Road, but it's bogged down with environmental concerns.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Dec '17

" And they don't even make the donuts there!!! (they do make the other stuff)."

None of the stores bake donuts anymore - they are baked at a central location and trucked in probably since at least 2010 or longer.

"Stranger danger, where have you been the last couple of years, in a cave?" Yeah, in a cave because I don't frequently travel beyond Hope.... I use Mt. Herman to get to Blairstown.

Brandy New: what can I say. It looks brandy new inside. Hey, I am not alone. Many of the reviews for this place sound like "the best DD ever....." So it's just not me that notices how nice the place is, even if all DD donuts are illegal-donut-aliens from another place. Like everywhere, not all the reviews are good, but a lot sound like this:

"11/10/2017 Nicest DD I've ever been in. Passed through on road trip and I wish the ones near me looked as good. Very new, large and well built. Spotless restrooms that smelled of cleaning agent which is great as I know it was clean. Comfy chairs and a living room feel. Great place to stop" https://www.yelp.com/biz/dunkin-donuts-blairstown

What can I say except it seems nice and nice to seem the Bank being used.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Dec '17

If my living room was adjacent to such bland coffee and processed mediocre fast-food baked goods, I'd move!

kepa
Dec '17

Only thing to be aware of is the higher prices due to proximity to the highway. Coffee prices are cheaper at other Dunkin’ locations, but it sure is nice to have the DD very local.

btownguy btownguy
Dec '17

The DD almond joy hot chocolate is quite tasty!!

Get the app on your phone and use the free ones earned at that location With all the specials they run in the app you can earn free ones pretty quick.

I like going to DD drive thru:

“Dozen donuts please.”

“Sure. What kind?”

“What do you have?”

“What?”

“Uh, do you have any jelly?”

“Yes.”

“What kind?”

They do a great job without a menu. More drivebys should do without.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Dec '17

It was never a bank. Started as Nathan's Hot Dogs.

Exit12
Dec '17

Yes, medium costs about 15-20 cents more than other DDs, still it's great to have it there. Better a thriving business than an empty building.

And the main thing, very important, they will give your dog a biscuit at the drive through. We have certain expectations to meet with our pups!

hktownie hktownie
Dec '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.