RIP Pat DiNizio- Smithereens Lead Singer

What a voice, what great shows they put on, farewell Pat DiNizio at only 62 years old, lead singer of the NJ band the Smithereens.

Saw him and the band many times, was looking forward to them going back on the road next year after his latest health issue- but that time will never come.

RIP Pat.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Dec '17

I'm very sorry to hear this. I did hear that he was ill. The last time I saw them was at the WNTI Stage a couple years ago. Great band. RIP

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '17

I am sorry to hear this. I really liked his music. Way too young to die.

JennyM JennyM
Dec '17

Re: RIP Pat DiNizio- Smithereens Lead Singer

I agree with you Calico, that show on the field at Knowlton on 7/18/15 was really good. I walked up to the side of the stage for the last few songs, here is a picture of that night in Knowlton under the tent, during a break after one encore, with Pat taking a drink to get ready for the next song.

Very dynamic performer, after he got hurt last year, he couldn't play guitar anymore with a bad arm due to a fall. Just a good all around Jersey guy, would talk to you after a show like you were an old friend.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Dec '17

Saw him at Centenary 5-6 years ago, also saw them back in they '80s in Chicago when I lived there.

Excellent musician, singer and songwriter. It's unfortunate he didn't take better care of his health.

RIP Pat.

bemused bemused
Dec '17

What happened to him -- to cause him to pass away?

Hackresident Hackresident
Dec '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.