2018 New Years Resolutions

Anyone else contemplating this?

I think mine are going to be a bit more spiritual and self-improvement-related this year than usual. (Don't worry, I fully realize I'm an odd duck lol.)

- Aim towards having compassion in every act. (I can't imagine I could achieve this in even a lifetime of trying, but aim high, right?)
- Develop a modicum of patience!

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '17

I normally don't make resolutions, but I am going to try to do the following next year:
Let the small stuff go
Don't take on everyone's problems
Stop trying to fix everything
Learn that No is an acceptable word.

I'm stressing already.. LOL!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Dec '17

Moving back to my country after 24 years

Taking HL less seriously :)

...only resolutions that will be actualized. Otherwise it is just a cultural thing where follow through is not the real goal.

Lose weight, gain strength, & get healthy! What's yours?

Mindfulness...

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Dec '17

My goal is to be more cognizant of how much trash I produce and try to minimize it. I can't wrap my head around how often I have to take the garbage out, and there is just two of us in the house!

Happy Homemaker Happy Homemaker
Dec '17

HH - I recently read an interesting book call "Garbology", it was quite interesting. I was amazed at the amount of garbage produced in this country! Did you know that garbage is the number one export from the U.S.?

FarmerJake FarmerJake
Dec '17

I will try to stop purchasing & drinking from plastic water bottles.

Weedwacker Weedwacker
Dec '17

Drink more beer,,
gain ten pounds or more
lay around and watch more TV
play more golf
Try to avoid as much work as possible
Try any new vice that I think will make me happy

The Man The Man
Dec '17

Thanks, FarmerJake! I'm always up for a good, mind-expanding read and will look in to that. I didn't even know that exporting garbage was a thing!

Happy Homemaker Happy Homemaker
Dec '17

Actually.....probably our greatest export is the word OK. Everybody uses and we don’t even where it came from.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Dec '17

O Killed turned into OK. Military. I read that somewhere long ago.

auntiel auntiel
Dec '17

O (zero) Killed

auntiel auntiel
Dec '17

A more likely explanation is that the term originated as an abbreviation of orl korrekt , a jokey misspelling of 'all correct' which was current in the US in the 1830s. The oldest written references result from its use as a slogan by the Democratic party during the American Presidential election of 1840. Their candidate, President Martin Van Buren, was nicknamed 'Old Kinderhook' (after his birthplace in New York State), and his supporters formed the 'OK Club'. This undoubtedly helped to popularize the term (though it did not get President Van Buren re-elected).

From the Oxford Dictionary

Just Do It. That's my theme for this year.

hktownie hktownie
Jan '18

Happy Homemaker, I hope more people resolve the same. I follow a weight loss group on FB and people are always posting pictures of their meals. Always on paper plates. Or meal prepping a weeks' worth of stuff in zip top baggies that get thrown away daily. I cringe. So much waste.

Tracy Tracy
Jan '18

This blog post sums it up for me:

https://ryanholiday.net/stop-watching-the-news/

Justintime Justintime
Jan '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.