Empanada Mamasita - Washington

This place opened up on Friday. Has anyone tried it yet?

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '17

Haven’t tried it personally, but have heard good reviews from friends that did.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Dec '17

Any details? Google brings up nothing for me.

We just saw this today driving past it. Had no idea it was there. Its on our list to try!

Christine Christine
Dec '17

Their FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/empanada.mamasita.1

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '17

Re: Empanada Mamasita - Washington

I stopped in for lunch to go. It's a self-serve place. I tried 3 empanadas. Turkey, for Calico, which. had the tastiest filling. Beef was also enjoyed. Not as crazy for the corn shell one, just a thing for me, but the beef filling was good. I don't eat much Latin comfort food, as they describe themselves. So I probably should have grabbed some sauces. Going back though, and I'll eat in so I can experiment! Closed Mondays.

maja2 maja2
Dec '17

So is this place a buffet?

USAfirst USAfirst
Dec '17

We are going to try this place tonight for dinner. Will report back.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '17

We enjoyed this place a lot. It's buffet style. We had the turkey and beef empanada, rice, beans, potato salad and potato ball. Everything was fresh and tasty and the owners are fabulous. I saw some people online saying it was pricey. Dinner for the two of us was under $17. I'm not sure where these people usually eat.....

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '17

Calico, unless you're ordering off the dollar menu at McDonalds, 2 people could barely eat at McDonalds for that price. Glad to hear you enjoyed it, we're looking forward to giving it a try.

Bessie Bessie
Dec '17

Do they have vegetarian or vegan-friendly empanada options?

Wadsworth Pennypack Wadsworth Pennypack
Dec '17

I tried the food last night for the first time and it was great. Pricing was fair. Owners were nice. I would recommend this restaurant. It's nice to go out and pick up home cooked food.

Been here several times now for lunch and dinner and it is fantastic! The only thing better than the empanadas is the pulled beef! Owners are some of the nicest people I have ever met, and you can't beat the prices.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.