Best place to get child's ears pierced?

Wondering where parents are taking their kids to get their ears pierced these days locally? Looking for cleanest, safest option - thanks!

Spence Spence
Dec '17

Pediatricians usually can do it. That would probably be the cleanest and safest option.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '17

I took my daughter to westside hair salon in hackettstown.

Klein
Dec '17

A piercing gun should never be used, on a child or otherwise. They are impossible to fully sterilize.

Go to a professional piercer at First Place Tattoos or another shop. They will use a one time use, completely sterile needle and jewelry. There is less pain and less risk of infection when a needle is used.

If a pediatrician is using a piercing gun, it is far from the best option, unfortunately. Please go to a piercer who has been trained and works in a clean reputable shop with full current certifications on blood borne pathogens and piercing safety for all employees.

Katherine Katherine
Dec '17

My daughter's pediatrician pierced her ears with single use piercers. They were preloaded with the earing and I watched him take them out of the package. It wasn't a gun

jrsemom jrsemom
Dec '17

Why not just forget about piercing the child's ears? Problem solved.

DannyC DannyC
Dec '17

Both my girls got theirs done year ago at Claire's at the mall, and we had no problems. With that being said, I've heard that tattoo parlors are excellent places to go...the best trained and the most sterile.

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Dec '17

We will be using our pediatrician at 6 month..... let the judging begin

Nosila Nosila
Dec '17

No judgement from me Nosila. That's when I got my daughters ears pierced.

jrsemom jrsemom
Dec '17

@Nosila, now that you’re a parent, the judging will never end. ;)

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Dec '17

I didn’t know pediatrictians used single use guns now. That’s definitely a good thing. No judgement here!

I personally had my ears pierced around the same age and my mom said it was so much easier to take care of the piercings, and I definitely don’t remember anything about it despite screaming my head off at the time.

And on a superficial level, I think babies with earrings are absolutely adorable.

Katherine Katherine
Dec '17

First place

Gina
Dec '17

I was trained to pierce ears when I worked for Limited, Too back in the day. We used instruments and the sterile earring is what did the piercing. We only pierced children aged 5 and up, and only lobes. For under 5, I'd probably want the pediatrician to do it. I had mine done by an actual jeweler and the placement of the holes was terrible and uneven. My daughter is 4 but I haven't really given much thought to her getting her ears pierced yet.

Tracy Tracy
Dec '17

thanks everyone! My daughter is older, so it is her decision to get them pierced. Thanks for the recommendations!

Spence Spence
Dec '17

Nosila - I can't wait to see that sweet little one of yours with her ears pierced. As if she isn't cute enough already.....

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.