Have you ever hit a bear?

I saw on WCPS that there was a MV accident yesterday in front of SRite in Washington. Car VS bear. Huh?
Very odd to me. Anyone ever have that experience?

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Nov '17

Actually the bear hit me. Ran right into the side of my car. Very scary!

Seenit
Nov '17

I haven't, but know a few people who have.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '17

Why is it odd? People don't watch the road anymore, they're looking down at their phones while they're driving. Pretty easy to not see one in time to avoid it.

Tracy Tracy
Nov '17

I came close on 57 by Penwell. He was trotting a long and never skipped a beat going down for a drink. When going west the animals come from behind the tree line. I always
ride in the slow lane going up that hill

Old Gent Old Gent
Nov '17

The location does not surprise me, lived behind the golf course for 28 years and fall bear visits were very common.

And yes I did hit a bear more like it hit me, in the Pocanos. The bear came down a steep hill took out the the drivers side of the car, front fender to the rear, including the mirror. Got up shuck it off and kept going like it was nothing. Lucky for me it was a company car and my boss was in the car!

Not In NJ Anymore Not In NJ Anymore
Nov '17

I have seen a bear cross right in front of me but thankfully I had plenty of notice. My ex however was coming down Hackettstown mountain/hill and a bear hit his front quarter panel. The bear was not injured and kept going. Oh my ex was fine too. LOL

Natari Natari
Nov '17

Tracy-I'm saying odd because usually you see deer run in the road, not bear.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Nov '17

Keep knocking down woods and building homes, commercial, etc. and more and more will be running out....they are running out of places to go!

Darrin Darrin
Nov '17

I was on 31 today and unfortunately saw the bear. It was very large. There was someone standing over taking photo. When I came back a few hours later, it was gone. I, too, have had a bear almost run into me.

4of4
Nov '17

Did anyone leave flowers for it? ;)

I 100% agree Darrin.

I hope no one was hurt, but sad about the bear.

positive positive
Nov '17

LOL SueR.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '17

I have. The bear hit my car and did damge

I would never hit a bear. I think a time out is usually sufficient.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Nov '17

Didn't hit one yet, but know how that could totally happen. Had one pop in front of my car on Route 46. And again on Mount rascal.. . I am a slow driver, but on Mount Rascal he literally leapt over the guardrail and into my path. At first I thought it was a very large dog, as I was stomping on my brakes.
There are many of them around now, and they are nuisances similar to deer, who also leap right in front of my car.

I've seen dead ones on the road. Over the summer there was a young one on the shoulder of 287. It was gone in a day. They tend to get cleaned up very quickly.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Nov '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.