Little Italy

New pizzeria and restaurant coming soon to Belvidere Nj Where al”s pizza used to be and all those towns next to it like hope, Washington, great Meadows, Independence, white town and all wants to try it Great menu new ideas and all fresh and The name is Little Italy own and run by chef Luis Martinez former Chef from prickly pear in Hackettstown Grand opening soon

New restaurant New restaurant
Nov '17

Isn't he the same person who took over Taste of Italy after Prickly Pear closed and sold it a few months ago.

kb2755 kb2755
Nov '17

I thought the chef from prickly pear had the last name andes and also owned prickly pear

Happy789 Happy789
Nov '17

happy 789 he was the owner kb2755 yes he is new locacion

new restaurant new restaurant
Nov '17

Is that Luis from Sonny,s ll on RD 517

when does it open

Waldo's mom Waldo's mom
Nov '17

Did anything take over the old a&p?

Bug3
Nov '17

Will they offer delivery?

Bug3 - No, it's still empty.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '17

Al's Pizza in the former A&P Plaza in Belvidere, closed? When did that happen? Last time I went there, the price for one piece of Silician pizza made me cancel the order and walk out ($3.50). Just didn't realize they closed.

While "New restaurant" is trying to drum up some business- the lack of details in the initial post is a little troublesome.

Let't hope the food is better than the delivery!

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Nov '17

TRA - I'm thinking that English might be the OP's second language. Hopefully, more details will come soon.

I actually never tried Al's. People we know said it was pretty good and we attempted to go once a few years ago and it was closed for whatever reason.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '17

Soft opening tomorrow. It's called Little Italy.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '17

$3.50 for a Sicilian slice made you walk out TRA? Without even trying it? Why?

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Dec '17

Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Little-italy-ristorante-Pizzeria-161190884479425/

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '17

Why did I walk out on a $3.50 sicilian slice? Because the price was under $3 previous to that purchase- had pizza at the old Al's many times, used to be decent- the price drove me away. I will try the new place.

Dec '17

We tried the pizza from here tonight. It was actually pretty good. I should have asked for well done, but I wasn't sure what their norm was. Will ask for it to be cooked a few more minutes next time. The dough was thinner that most local places and the sauce was delicious. They don't offer delivery, so I had to pick it up. The place is cute inside and has quite a few tables for dining in. I noticed a few patrons had bottles of wine. A couple of dinners went past me as I was waiting to pay and they look delicious. I'm looking forward to trying other items and am hoping that they will add delivery at some point.

All in all a welcome addition to the Belvidere area, which really doesn't have much to offer food wise.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '17

Got their $9 Tuesday plain pie special. Like Calico mentioned the sauce was very good! My wife enjoyed it as the sauce was not salty. She's not a fan of Dicola's or Enzo's (Washington) pie's because they're overly salty. Not sure if it's with their sauce, cheese or something in the dough.

Anyway back to Little Italy! Everyone enjoyed the pizza. Look forward to trying other items on the menu soon. Has anyone tried yet any of the non pizza menu items?

Yes, we did. "Little Italy" Panini, Jersey Shore fries and the shrimp Fra Diavlo were all excellent! We definitely needed a new dining option in the Belvidere area!

Gardenfish Gardenfish
Dec '17

so glad to hear all the positive review! Wishing Little Italy much luck!

I took a low risk try last night, ordered the $9.00 large pie Tuesday night special. Pizza was good, sauce was not too acidic and I enjoyed it. The gentleman who was cooking the pizza and was running the register was friendly and seemed to appreciate my business.

The two younger ladies they had there working had nothing to do with my pickup order, but wished me a nice New Year as I left, again a good sign that the owner hires people that are good to customers.

I will be going back to try other items, their normal prices seem fine to me and the quality is good so far.

Jan '18

FYI - I saw on their FB page that they will be offering delivery soon and are looking for drivers.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '18

So what happened to Al's pizza?

Bug3
Jan '18

We tried the eggplant parm the other day and it was excellent. Love their marinara sauce.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '18

We ordered delivery from Little Italy last night and everything was delicious. It was nice having options beyond the basic pizzeria menu. I got the stuffed chicken francese and my husband had the grilled rocky mountain hanger steak. We were both very happy with our meals and will definitely be ordering again.

Glad you enjoyed it MB. I tried the chicken parm two weeks ago and a godfather panini last week and both were great. I'm slowly eating my way through the menu. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '18

I picked up a plain pie after getting taxes done next door a few days ago. Nice. Tasty. Will go back!

The bread that comes with the dinners tastes homemade. I will try more but the chicken dinners are amazing! Bravo!!!

“Why did I walk out on a $3.50 sicilian slice? Because the price was under $3 previous to that purchase-“

Imagine a world where the situation went like this:

Pizza worker: “1 Sicilian slice. That’ll be three fifty please.”

U: “Oh snap, price went up. Your pizza rocks, but I’ve never been charged that much.”

Pizza worker: “Yeah, margins are thin for sure. You’re certainly a valued customer so what do you think is fair?”

U: “I’m used to paying 2.50”

Pizza worker: “Cool. Two bucks please. Come back soon. Just know that we’re using expensive ingredients and I’m sure you’ll see it’s worth it.”

Both parties win

One can dream

Roger Roger
Feb '18

Roger Roger - how do both parties win in that scenario? The pizza place has to make a profit or they don't survive.

They gained a customer who will come back and buy more expensive items

Bug3
Feb '18

So, the potential for a future win. Not a win.

I will reply, since I am the person that wrote the actual comment that Roger refers to.

If they told me a Sicilian slice was $3.50, no "quality" of ingredients would get me to buy that pizza slice at that price, unless they choose to discount the price to me consistently to a level I was comfortable with. (in other words, change the price for me only) Which we all know is not going to happen.

I would then do what I have already done, find another pizza joint that meets my price/taste criteria, of which there are many.

But, since this whole thing refers to Al's, whom is out of business at this point, none of this matters- the new LIttle Italy has satisfied my taste buds and wallet comfort both at the same time already. They seem to have done what Al's could no longer do.

Good job, they have my business.

Feb '18

I'm going to give Little Italy a shot. I was loyal to Leo's in Washington but the owner lacks customer service skills and the pizza always arrives cold.

Goeagles
Feb '18

Little Italy is 1000x better than Leo's could ever hope to be.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '18

Speaking of pizza in the area, did the owners of Lui's Pizza across the highway from Luigi's Rancho sell the business? I see it's now called Domenico's Pizza & Liquor Store.

Vic - Lui's is the same people. They just changed the name of the place.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '18

There is a Little Italy in Washington at the old Desiderios location now too. Got the coupon mailer and found their Facebook page. They had a soft opening yesterday.

Yup, heard they were opening a second location about a month ago. Got the coupon today too. I'm looking forward to trying his brick oven pizza, as his regular pizza is decent.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

Eating some of the Belvidere location pizza as I type. Good pizza- $9 for a large pie on Tuesdaya is a good deal.

Mar '19

Website for new location:

https://littleitalywashington.com/

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Apr '19

Thanks. That's some menu. Looks certainly worth a try.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Apr '19

Our favorites at Little Italy are the godfather panini and the hanger steak sandwich. Delicious and enough for two meals.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.