Walking Dead Season 8

So, what did you think? My big question... why in earth did Father Gabriel try to save Gregory and how will he get out of his Negan mess?

Jesse341 Jesse341
Oct '17

Can you give people a minute to watch before posting spoilers?

Tracy Tracy
Oct '17

If you don't want a spoiler don't read it. The name of the post was clearly marked.

Jesse341 Jesse341
Oct '17

It’s obvious that Father Gabriel still has his priestly attributes. Even though Gregory is a scum bag, he wouldn’t be able to live with himself if he left him behind.

I really loved the episode and thought it had a great starting pace. I heard a lot of people complaining that Negan was still alive after this episode but why would they kill him off in the beginning. Wouldn’t that be the end of the story? Yes we all want them to have a happily ever after but the suspense and action is what makes this so great. I love to hate Negan.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Oct '17

I couldn't make it past the second episode of season 1. Maybe I should try again.

scottso scottso
Oct '17

I agree, jazzykatt. I hate Negan too and I would live to see him die. But, I have to admit, he is pretty funny sometimes. You never really know what is going to come out of his mouth.

Jesse341 Jesse341
Oct '17

Scottso, I did not like the first few seasons, my husband had it on so I kept watching. After Laurie and Shane died, I liked it.

Jesse341 Jesse341
Oct '17

Father Gabriel is one of the most frustrating characters for me to watch, but Gregory is a total weasel so that sequence completely fits them. Gabriel is still a humanitarian and couldn't live with himself if he left him to die. Love that they left him with Neegan and the zombie swarm closing in - great way to kick off the season!!!

somechik somechik
Oct '17

I wonder if Gabriel will pretend to be on Negan's side to get out if that one. It will probably be the only way... Unless the walkers tip the trailer.
I wonder if Negan will figure out that Dwight turned against him. I am sure he is going to realize that none of his lookouts let him know that something was up.

Jesse341 Jesse341
Oct '17

Judith is growing up so fast, yet pregnant Maggie is still skinny as a rail.

I love the relationship between Carl and Michonne but I don't feel the chemistry between Michonne and Rick.

HickoryDog HickoryDog
Oct '17

I agree, hickorydog, I think the show could have eased into that one a little slower. But, they were partners in survivalist world for years so I guess the dynamics of their relationship will be different. I didn't really feel it between Sasha and Abraham either.

Jesse341 Jesse341
Oct '17

Sasha and Abraham were AWFUL. Glad that one did not last long, but miss Abraham.

What does everyone think the garbage people are up? Think they would pick a side unsolicited, go back to being free agents, or will they try to negotiate and go with the better deal?

somechik somechik
Oct '17

Last night during talking dead the lady from the garbage people said the they now have two groups pissed off it then, obviously Rick and Negan. I have no idea what she will do, she is in quite a bit of trouble, that is for sure. I don't think she realize quite how organized ricks group is.

Jesse341 Jesse341
Oct '17

Is anyone still watching this show? Bueller?

My husband keeps putting it on, and I read the recaps after the fact, but during the show I'm mostly scrolling through my phone.

Thoughts on the mid-season finale?

Tracy Tracy
Dec '17

they jumped the shark , it's not a zombie show anymore it's a 'call of duty' show now.

I'm walking lost. Is Maggie captured, a Neegan ally, a warrior against Neegan, an executioner of anything Neegan, or what?

It was a good strategy though --- when faced with superior odds, divide to your smallest level and then take them on one at a time. Sort of like releasing one Christian at a time to a coliseum full of lions.

Save Carl. He didn't really want the raise.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Dec '17

Maggie is clearly back at The Hilltop Colony

UserFriendly UserFriendly
Dec '17

I'm SO glad it's not just me. I just text my friend last night and said it's getting boring, I used to be on the edge of my seat, especially with season premieres and the mid/season finales...twice I've fallen asleep watching this season or like Tracy I'm mostly scrolling through my phone. Plus, I'm confused... I've lost the storyline entirely at this point.

weebiekins weebiekins
Dec '17

I'm hoping they bring in Oliver from the Brady Bunch to replace Carl... that should be the punch in the arm this series needs.

ianimal ianimal
Dec '17

I can never watch intently more then 10 minutes of this show, what am I missing?

This season seemed to be trying to be one yuge climax with a few character developments tossed in here and there. Weebekin --- seemed to me they actually dumbed down the script mostly by killing off folks to the point of being a western good guy, bad guy Saturday serial with a little rick-crazy tossed on top.

After x episodes of climatic fighting, we finally, thank God, got to the finale. Another fight with no conclusion except it looks like goners for Carl, one of the only characters to actually develop this season.

They need a plan, a goal. Perhaps looking for the 13th colony on that little planet known as Earth. May the Lords of Kobol be with them.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Dec '17

weebiekins, that's why I read the recaps online after the fact. Otherwise I'd have no idea what was going on.

I read an article yesterday about Chandler Riggs (Carl) being cut. His father was pretty pissed. This deviates pretty far from the comic books, apparently, and people are questioning what in the hell the show runner was thinking with this move.

Tracy Tracy
Dec '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.