Fall Foliage Near Hackettstown

Are there any scenic spots around Hackettstown to see the leaves change?

Tim B. Tim B.
Oct '17

The woods...

Mr. Tone Mr. Tone
Oct '17

The local weather has not been conducive to trees changing color. All the trees in the College View area have leaves turning brown and not changing color. I assume a walk in the woods would be about the same as what we see locally. This may not be a good year for the Hackettstown area for leaf colors.

Deleware Water Gap......right before you go over the bridge there is a parking area and from there there are trails that take you up to the tippy top of the mountain......you can see for miles..........Great hike and great view.

littlelu littlelu
Oct '17

Rt. 517 (Fairmount Road) in Long Valley, right by the intersection of East Valley Brook Road. The view of the trees over the field is the nicest foliage I have seen this season.

Tracy Tracy
Oct '17

Schooley's Mountain Park has a nice overlook that is a short hike (a walk, really) from the parking lot, overlooking Long Valley.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Oct '17

Along rt517
Parts of 519
Parts of 57
River front park was pretty...

Re: Fall Foliage Near Hackettstown

I love the view along Airport Rd, with Donaldson's rolling fields and the hills in the distance. I think this season's leaf-peeping window is going to be short, though. Very late start, and I'm wondering if the hard rains/winds tomorrow won't take down a lot of the foliage. :-(

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '17

Agreed Rebecka. I can't believe how much they've changed in the last 2 days. It's like the warm weather "tricked" them, and now they are "behind" and are doing their damnedest to catch up!

I'll have to go out for a hike this weekend, don't want to miss the peak, which looks to be coming on fast...

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Oct '17

Nice pic Rebecca!

Just a drive out 46 W will provide great views along with all the other suggestions!

I drove down Zellars road, stunning. I wish I had my camera. With the rain coming all those pretty leaves will be gone. I'll keep it with for when the rain stops just in case.

auntiel auntiel
Oct '17

The area around Lake Hopatcong seems to be getting close to peak right now. I'm guessing that High Point State Park should be right at peak. Rt. 611 in PA along the Delaware River oing up into New York State should be a lovely drive right now as well. You may wish to try the Scenic Overlooks on Rt. 80, both at the rest area coming from the State Line East, as well as the one right before the Hackettstown Exit on Rt. 80 W

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.